• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Bears 2024 offseason thread

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't disagree more. Odunze, Nabers, and Turner are very worthy of the 9th pick. In fact, I'd have both Odunze and Nabers as being more worthy than Alt. In just about any other draft, these two would be #1 WR picks. They each bring a ton of talent to the equation and I want as many weapons for Williams as possible. Now as I've already mentioned, if Alt is on the board and Poles takes him with #9, I'll wholly support this as well.
No, I was strictly meaning O linemen. Yes one of the top Wr if available or one of the top DE's are possible. I still belive, if a partner can be found a trade down.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I was strictly meaning O linemen. Yes one of the top Wr if available or one of the top DE's are possible. I still belive, if a partner can be found a trade down.
Gotcha and I agree. I'd have zero issues if Alt somehow made it to 9 and Poles took him.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More and more reports Bears were offered atleast one better pick (believed to be by the Eagles) for Justin Fields but Poles did him a solid.

Shame on you Poles. You have no idea how to value draft picks. I should be GM

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This might have already been posted, but to play it safe here is the 2024 strength of schedule listing, where the Bears are tied with the Panthers for the 29th 'easiest' schedule:

Of course the relative strength based on the previous season often doesn't translate as expected, so we should take this with a grain of salt. A lot will depend on how quickly Caleb adapts to NFL defenses. Still, there's an opportunity here for a winning record and possible playoff berth.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This might have already been posted, but to play it safe here is the 2024 strength of schedule listing, where the Bears are tied with the Panthers for the 29th 'easiest' schedule:

Of course the relative strength based on the previous season often doesn't translate as expected, so we should take this with a grain of salt. A lot will depend on how quickly Caleb adapts to NFL defenses. Still, there's an opportunity here for a winning record and possible playoff berth.

I never bought much into the sos......

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

10 games vs teams over .500 last year and 7 of them were playoff teams doesn't seem like that easy of a road to me. *shrugs*

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10 games vs teams over .500 last year and 7 of them were playoff teams doesn't seem like that easy of a road to me. *shrugs*
Why do you think I put in the quote marks when I said we're tied with the Panthers for the 29th 'easiest' schedule.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL owners voted to adopt the XFL’s kickoff rules for the 2024 season.

Twenty-nine of the league’s 32 teams approved of the change, with the Niners, Packers, and Raiders voting against the rule adoption.
Under the new rules, any kickoff that ends up in the “landing zone” — between the goal line and the 20 yard line — must be returned. The changes will essentially stop touchbacks, which would award the ball at the 35 yard line. Once implemented, the hybrid kickoff will make kickoffs a far more important part of the game. NFL Network’s Tom Pelissero said NFL officials hope the rule change can “will yield what it wants: fewer injuries and more returns” in 2024 and beyond.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL owners voted to adopt the XFL’s kickoff rules for the 2024 season.

Twenty-nine of the league’s 32 teams approved of the change, with the Niners, Packers, and Raiders voting against the rule adoption.
Under the new rules, any kickoff that ends up in the “landing zone” — between the goal line and the 20 yard line — must be returned. The changes will essentially stop touchbacks, which would award the ball at the 35 yard line. Once implemented, the hybrid kickoff will make kickoffs a far more important part of the game. NFL Network’s Tom Pelissero said NFL officials hope the rule change can “will yield what it wants: fewer injuries and more returns” in 2024 and beyond.
This new rule just might have saved Velus Jones' job. Aside from the occasional jet sweep, pretty much the only benefit he brings to the table is his KR duties.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A most enjoyable podcast featuring Montez Sweat talking Bears football in Chris Long's podcast. I encourage all diehard Bears fans to watch this 22 minute video:

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,171.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't disagree more. Odunze, Nabers, and Turner are very worthy of the 9th pick. In fact, I'd have both Odunze and Nabers as being more worthy than Alt. In just about any other draft, these two would be #1 WR picks. They each bring a ton of talent to the equation and I want as many weapons for Williams as possible. Now as I've already mentioned, if Alt is on the board and Poles takes him with #9, I'll wholly support this as well.
The Titans are going to take Alt at #7.

Just watch.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to the Athletic, our Bears have had the 2nd best offseason to date (Falcons are first), but with the coming draft still to be factored:

Not bad, not bad at all.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Titans are going to take Alt at #7.

Just watch.
No argument here. Out of all the mocks I've seen, the vast majority of them have the Titans taking Alt. And for those few who don't have them taking him, it's because some other team in the top 6 beat them to it.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saints are signing St.Brown......

I actuallly thought we retained him,but thats not the case.....
Who is no.3 on the depth chart......Tyler Scott.....??

We are getting thin there...........

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saints are signing St.Brown......

I actuallly thought we retained him,but thats not the case.....
Who is no.3 on the depth chart......Tyler Scott.....??

We are getting thin there...........
St. Brown was the team's best blocking WR, but that's not a reason to use a roster spot on him. I think Scott was already designated as the #3 receiver even prior to St. Brown leaving, which again shows why using the #9 on a WR, especially one of those top 3, would be a solid pick. When someone like Scott is a team's #3, that's a team still needing WR help.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
St. Brown was the team's best blocking WR, but that's not a reason to use a roster spot on him. I think Scott was already designated as the #3 receiver even prior to St. Brown leaving, which again shows why using the #9 on a WR, especially one of those top 3, would be a solid pick. When someone like Scott is a team's #3, that's a team still needing WR help.
After I wrote that,I looked up the recieving stats and Scott,Velus and St.Brown are not even on the map......
Mooney only ended up with 31 catches as a no.3......We are in more dire need than I thought.

Odunze or Bowers......one of themwill fall down to us.......

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After I wrote that,I looked up the recieving stats and Scott,Velus and St.Brown are not even on the map......
Mooney only ended up with 31 catches as a no.3......We are in more dire need than I thought.

Odunze or Bowers......one of themwill fall down to us.......

We are not taking Bowers at 9. That would absolutely shock me.

Reactions: DJ

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are not taking Bowers at 9. That would absolutely shock me.
I dont think Id be shocked......

He is a wr clone that can line up anywhere,especially slot.....
He would be automatically better than Everett and in a year likely better than Kmet......
So I wouldnt be shocked,especially being the te position is becoming a gamechanging position.............Id be down with it.

But being we signed Everett,I doubt Poles goes that way......

Last edited: