• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Bears 2021 Offseason

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So basically your pea brain can’t come up with a better answer. Figured, but my question wasn’t directed at total homer bird brains.

if someone with some actual intelligence hears of why this would happen, I’d be curious. Maybe a good reason but hard to see and fans are laughing at me as bears fan for yet again taking the draft leftover, especially his shocked post draft horrified interview.

Wanna try again and post a paragraph that actually is coherent and makes sense? Fucking tard.

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love the Jenkins pick. Quality over quantity and investing in your new franchise QB's future with a 1st round type talent at RT. Pace gets and A for this draft so far.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw somewhere that the Vikings were sneaking on him. They were poised to grab him at #14, then when they couldn't, they traded down and somehow still got Darrisaw at 23 (good pick). Someone was going to stop his slide, it's just a matter of who it was going to be. You can nitpick it all you want. Fact is, if he works out and becomes akin to Deshaun Watson, the price we paid will look like peanuts.

Patriots had to be on the phone I’m sure. And there was probably chatter from 2-3 others. No one really knows what goes on in the war rooms. Which is why trying to paint the picture that the Bears got fleeced is retarded.

If you want to trade up there is a cost. And you have a few minutes to decide.

I’m not okay with the situation Pace created that made this trade necessary. I’m totally okay with the player he got and what he gave up in that moment to make it happen.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love the Jenkins pick. Quality over quantity and investing in your new franchise QB's future with a 1st round type talent at RT. Pace gets and A for this draft so far.

Only think that could possibly stop this kid from being a stud is injury. He has all the tools to be very good. And he plays with aggression. Has a mean streak like Kyle Long. Love it.

Nelly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The story is you're retarded.
This is why this board is fucking awful. People spend more a lot more time slinging insults than actually discussing things at higher than a 2nd grade level.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
something I just do not understand. Why on Earth did we send a boatload of draft capital to trade with the Giants for this? Who were we bidding against? The Patriots? If so, Pace got played like a fool. If not then Patriots, then who? This is a massive story and no one is writing about it, but why on Earth did the Bears give up a huge amount of draft capital to get someone all the other QB-needy teams passed on.

What is the story? Anyone?

Because hindsight is 20/20. If we didn't move up and the Pats or some other team did then you would be crying why we didn't move up.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pace is getting the guys he wants. Is Jenkins going to be a LT or RT in the nfl?

Nelly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair....the dude is actually retarded.
When you see an actually retarded person at the grocery store or something, do you start acting retarded as well and then use the actually retarded person's presence as an excuse for your behavior? I'm guessing no. Why do it anywhere else then? Rise above, or everyone hits the bottom of the barrel together.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you see an actually retarded person at the grocery store or something, do you start acting retarded as well and then use the actually retarded person's presence as an excuse for your behavior?

Sometimes. Really depends on my mood that day. Other times I point and stare.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey I’m really sorry to have intruded on your very insightful discussion about the Bears. Hey my best wishes for them and you. I’m sorry to have bothered you.

No but seriously....when you get that text from Adam Schefter please let us know what he said.

We don’t have any other connected insiders here. You’re important.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So basically your pea brain can’t come up with a better answer. Figured, but my question wasn’t directed at total homer bird brains.

if someone with some actual intelligence hears of why this would happen, I’d be curious. Maybe a good reason but hard to see and fans are laughing at me as bears fan for yet again taking the draft leftover, especially his shocked post draft horrified interview.
We made the move because Fields was a top 5 pick that dropped to 11 in and was the last of the “best shot to be a franchise qb” left after 3 went top 3. Many regarded him as a lock cinch #1 top of the draft QB pick in any draft not including Lawrence. We got top 5 value and a potential stud player at the 11 spot and he wasn’t going to go beyond another couple picks at best.

Nobody is laughing at us. Quite the contrary. Many think we got the steal of the draft.
Whether that plays out or not remains to be seen...but Fields is a stud talent and not nearly the reach that Mitch was. Highly likely he’s at worst equal but most likely superior in talent to anyone we could draft at qb in 2022.

If we really wanted a qb, the way the draft unfolded in picks 1-10 let this basically fall into our laps. If we overpaid, it was slight considering Fields’ talent....and the 11 pick factor is irrelevant. Most are looking at this like we traded into top ten because of what we got.

Basically this guy fell into us. We should feel fortunate.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
something I just do not understand. Why on Earth did we send a boatload of draft capital to trade with the Giants for this? Who were we bidding against? The Patriots? If so, Pace got played like a fool. If not then Patriots, then who? This is a massive story and no one is writing about it, but why on Earth did the Bears give up a huge amount of draft capital to get someone all the other QB-needy teams passed on.

What is the story? Anyone?
Bears got a QB that would go top 3 in most drafts and should of been 3rd in this draft. With Fields falling to 11, I look at it more as a 50% discount and waiting any longer to make a move is just playing with fire.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears got a QB that would go top 3 in most drafts and should of been 3rd in this draft. With Fields falling to 11, I look at it more as a 50% discount and waiting any longer to make a move is just playing with fire.

Somebody was going to take him or trade up for him. Just glad it was us.
Philly jumping the Giants opened the door for this because Giants wanted that receiver and wouldn’t have traded if he made it past the Cowboys. Lotta things just went hella right. Good for us as we have another legit shot for a stud QB. Best we could ask for out of this or any other draft.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We made the move because Fields was a top 5 pick that dropped to 11 in and was the last of the “best shot to be a franchise qb” left after 3 went top 3. Many regarded him as a lock cinch #1 top of the draft QB pick in any draft not including Lawrence. We got top 5 value and a potential stud player at the 11 spot and he wasn’t going to go beyond another couple picks at best.

Nobody is laughing at us. Quite the contrary. Many think we got the steal of the draft.
Whether that plays out or not remains to be seen...but Fields is a stud talent and not nearly the reach that Mitch was. Highly likely he’s at worst equal but most likely superior in talent to anyone we could draft at qb in 2022.

If we really wanted a qb, the way the draft unfolded in picks 1-10 let this basically fall into our laps. If we overpaid, it was slight considering Fields’ talent....and the 11 pick factor is irrelevant. Most are looking at this like we traded into top ten because of what we got.

Basically this guy fell into us. We should feel fortunate.
I guess I should recognize Mac Jones as another possible option but I don’t think he was ever on our radar for a trade up and opinions vary much more widely on him. Still. He was in the discussion with the other 4 that went top 15.