• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The ACC Thread

redlegs@hokies

Trout Fishing Aficionado
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
refer to your post at 4:13pm today in this thread. you said big puts more in, just read your own posts. I not trying to start anything at all, just clarifying.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, one bad season in twenty means vt is heading to the toilet lol. people amaze me.

Since their Orange Bowl win in 08-09 (their biggest win of the last decade, I'd say), they haven't lost less than 3 games per season, they've been getting embarrassed OOC against decent teams (and even James Madison), and now it looks like they're quickly getting passed up by the likes of Florida State and Clemson for top dog in the conference. Maybe there's something going on there that I don't know of. Simply observations.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
refer to your post at 4:13pm today in this thread. you said big puts more in, just read your own posts. I not trying to start anything at all, just clarifying.

You can't reason with this Sox dude. Fugget about it.

Last edited by a moderator:

redlegs@hokies

Trout Fishing Aficionado
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
eight consecutive 10+ win season before a 7-6 year. oh, and no ncaa violations. VT runs a clean program, other cant say that (wink). simply observations. what a terrible program.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I cannot :L enough at this. Dude, go back and read again. No, nevermind. I'll save you the trouble and bring it up here for you.

Sox33OSU: "...and one thing Geneh seems to refuse to acknowledge is that, on a per school basis, we put more players in the NFL."
UMan5: "And no you don't put more players into the NFL. Even with Miami slacking the last few years."
Sox33OSU: "And yes, we do. It was in the link above."
UMan5: "Not total players."
Sox33OSU: "As I said, on a per school basis, we have more. Don't forget, we had less schools than you up until 2011."

There, now can you catch up to the rest of us?

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say VT is consistently good, but they are far from great. They usually beat the low-level teams they face in conference, but they're still notorious for getting trounced against quality OOC teams.

Just curious, how do you think the rest of the nation has viewed OSU, or any B1G team for that matter, over the last 10 years?

redlegs@hokies

Trout Fishing Aficionado
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cannot :L enough at this. Dude, go back and read again. No, nevermind. I'll save you the trouble and bring it up here for you.

Sox33OSU: "...and one thing Geneh seems to refuse to acknowledge is that, on a per school basis, we put more players in the NFL."
UMan5: "And no you don't put more players into the NFL. Even with Miami slacking the last few years."
Sox33OSU: "And yes, we do. It was in the link above."
UMan5: "Not total players."
Sox33OSU: "As I said, on a per school basis, we have more. Don't forget, we had less schools than you up until 2011."

There, now can you catch up to the rest of us?

well, i guess if you reject reality and substitute your own. you were wrong dude, just admit it or drop it.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, i guess if you reject reality and substitute your own. you were wrong dude, just admit it or drop it.

LOL at reject reality. Don't get upset with me just because you can't read, or at least don't know how to comprehend what you read.

redlegs@hokies

Trout Fishing Aficionado
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at reject reality. Don't get upset with me just because you can't read, or at least don't know how to comprehend what you read.

oh the irony of your post. you were wrong dude. its the internet, the entire world can read it.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious, how do you think the rest of the nation has viewed OSU, or any B1G team for that matter, over the last 10 years?

Over the last 10 years? Dude, I couldn't give a shit less how the nation views the rest of the conference. I'm an OHIO STATE fan, not a B1G fan. In the last decade, we've won a national title and are 5-3 in BCS games, and we own Michigan. The last decade has been extremely good to OSU despite the 2 disasters vs. UF and LSU. The best part is, we might be better now than we have at any other time in the BCS era.

Just curious, what does deflecting to OSU or the B1G have to do with the ACC and their performances?

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh the irony of your post. you were wrong dude. its the internet, the entire world can read it.

Show me the exact post where I said we have put more overall players in the NFL. I want to see the exact words "we've put more overall players in the NFL" in my post. Otherwise, it's time for you to leave.

redlegs@hokies

Trout Fishing Aficionado
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/B]
Not total players. 278 to 256 in favor of the ACC. In your own link. Iowa and Penn State were blips. Do you really think they stand a chance this year?

by uman's numbers: 278 is a larger number than 256. meaning acc has put more in. I hope you understand now.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
by uman's numbers: 278 is a larger number than 256. meaning acc has put more in. I hope you understand now.

.........and did you somehow miss when I said, in the very next post, that I meant PER SCHOOL?

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, I couldn't give a shit less how the nation views the rest of the conference. I'm an OHIO STATE fan, not a B1G fan.

Interesting that is what you're going with now in a discussion regarding conferences

Just curious, what does deflecting to OSU or the B1G have to do with the ACC and their performances?

I was referring to the B1G as a whole, as this is a conference discussion....right?

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting that is what you're going with now in a discussion regarding conferences

I was referring to the B1G as a whole, as this is a conference discussion....right?

You were the one that changed the subject of ACC vs. B1G to how the nation perceives the B1G overall. To that end, do you have any idea how the nation perceives the ACC and every team in it?

Uman5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Even if he wants to hang his hat on the per school data. If the ACC is soo horrible and talentless and the b1G is so great the numbers are 23.1 per school for the ACC and 23.2 for the B1G. 0.1 for Gods sake.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if he wants to hang his hat on the per school data. If the ACC is soo horrible and talentless and the b1G is so great the numbers are 23.1 per school for the ACC and 23.2 for the B1G. 0.1 for Gods sake.

Pump the breaks, fella. I've never once said the ACC is talentless, and I've certainly never said the B1G is so great. Neither of those are true, at least not recently.

Man, you ACC guys really know how to make a mountain out of a mole hill. I said the B1G was tougher than the ACC and I put out a variety of stats to back it up. Why are you guys flipping out so much?