• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The ACC Thread

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh fuck that sucks....not the way I was hoping for. I did say yesterday that this was coming. Can you Imagine if Gonzaga gets the covid during the big damce?
That’d throw the whole tourney for a loop since they’re the obvious overall #1 seed. Imagine if someone tests positive for covid the day of the championship game.
Duke had momentum on their sides for sure and now this.. Not the way how anyone would want to end a season!
As someone that’s not a Duke fan, I feel like it’d be more satisfying to see them lose on the court instead of a forfeit.

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i posted this a few days ago on the other board

My dad works in the hospitality industry in Greensboro

He's saying that the top four teams are staying at the Grandover, while everyone else is staying at the Sheraton Four seasons..except for Duke. Duke is driving back and forth from their campus. Wake is located in f'n Winston-Salem, and they will be staying at a hotel. Coach K is trying to sabotage the GOAT tournament and the NCAA tournament

The editor for the Devil's Den is blaming a Duke fraternity for the positive COVID test. With that said, it should be noted that the editor for the Devil's Den is not a very smart person and should not be taken seriously.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’d throw the whole tourney for a loop since they’re the obvious overall #1 seed. Imagine if someone tests positive for covid the day of the championship game.

As someone that’s not a Duke fan, I feel like it’d be more satisfying to see them lose on the court instead of a forfeit.

Obviouly I would much rather them play the game and potentially lose and go out like that for sure. But Coach K has always been cautious about Covid to begin with so why risk it to potentially only play one more game and risk exposing others?

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure my friend @douggie must be upset with this news, and I am too, because I was looking forward to seeing how far Duke could go playing 5 games in 5 consecutive days in their attempt to win another ACC Tournament. Normally the legs begin to go first in a marathon like this in game 3 but we will never know what might have happened with Duke vs. Florida State in the quarter finals.

On another note Miami (Fla) has become the first 13th seed ever to reach the quarter finals in an ACC Tournament.

Crazy times!

foster4prez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i posted this a few days ago on the other board

The editor for the Devil's Den is blaming a Duke fraternity for the positive COVID test. With that said, it should be noted that the editor for the Devil's Den is not a very smart person and should not be taken seriously.
Duke's football team is down too for spring practice and the campus is having an outbreak resulting from spring rush events.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure my friend @douggie must be upset with this news, and I am too, because I was looking forward to seeing how far Duke could go playing 5 games in 5 consecutive days in their attempt to win another ACC Tournament. Normally the legs begin to go first in a marathon like this in game 3 but we will never know what might have happened with Duke vs. Florida State in the quarter finals.

On another note Miami (Fla) has become the first 13th seed ever to reach the quarter finals in an ACC Tournament.

Crazy times!

and what am I? Chopped liver? LOL I KID!

in reality this is on Duke and Coach K. Didn't isolate and went back and forth between campus and games. Not a smart idea

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There goes my entertainment tonight. I need to work late anyhow.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and what am I? Chopped liver? LOL I KID!

in reality this is on Duke and Coach K. Didn't isolate and went back and forth between campus and games. Not a smart idea

I think you already know that you're my buddy too!

Looking forward to @douggie replying and his take on all of this.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you already know that you're my buddy too!

Looking forward to @douggie replying and his take on all of this.

I know truly do. I just felt like I was going to jab ya a bit. lol

I think we need a wellness check on @douggie haha

Love ya kid!

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Crazy times!

Wazzup fellas?!, @tomcat1 @redseat

Actually I wish that Mark Williams was able to play more games but realistically this was the BEST case scenario. Can't get stomped by FSU. The string of winning seasons still intact. Nobody gets hurt playing games with no prospect for a title. Not gonna get embarrassed by a Lehigh, a Weber State, or a UMBC loss. Not going to the NIT. Everybody is back but probably Hurt and Goldwire. So really, all in all it's the best possible outcome.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually I wish that Mark Williams was able to play more games but realistically this was the BEST case scenario. Can't get stomped by FSU. The string of winning seasons still intact. Nobody gets hurt playing games with no prospect for a title. Not gonna get embarrassed by a Lehigh, a Weber State, or a UMBC loss. Not going to the NIT. Everybody is back but probably Hurt and Goldwire. So really, all in all it's the best possible outcome.

I think you are correct. Need to have a humbling season for sure. I mean they had 24 years of success it was bound to happen to have a let down. Make these kids even more hungry for next year.

What do you think about Williams? Will he return or declare?

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you are correct. Need to have a humbling season for sure. I mean they had 24 years of success it was bound to happen to have a let down. Make these kids even more hungry for next year.

What do you think about Williams? Will he return or declare?

I love this kid! To pile onto the justification of what I selfishly want to happen, it does seem like the most important thing for him becoming someone who can earn 9 figures from the NBA instead of washing out is just overall comfort level and growth, rather than someone who desperately needs to develop a 3PT shot, etc. I can see being the developmental focus of a program and starter minutes being more beneficial in that respect than being a G-League afterthought, especially if you believe you made a big leap during your first year in that program.

He is also fairly young (19 until December) and was Academic All-ACC, so there's reason to believe that the school portion of CBB isn't just an unnecessary interruption to his training regime. And following his sister's footsteps (she has her number in the rafters at Cameron) he possibly cares as much about graduating and leaving his mark in Blue Devil history as playing in the NBA.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Life today is what it is but you seem to be handling this Duke situation well. I recently got both of my COVID vaccines at Duke and now I'm hoping like hell I didn't catch COVID while I was in Durham since Duke basketball and football seem to be having problems with this right now. At least I didn't catch a bullet on my two trips to Durham since it is the crime capital of NC so all is well for now. I was born in Durham about a hundred years ago but things were much different back then so I am told.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love this kid! To pile onto the justification of what I selfishly want to happen, it does seem like the most important thing for him becoming someone who can earn 9 figures from the NBA instead of washing out is just overall comfort level and growth, rather than someone who desperately needs to develop a 3PT shot, etc. I can see being the developmental focus of a program and starter minutes being more beneficial in that respect than being a G-League afterthought, especially if you believe you made a big leap during your first year in that program.

He is also fairly young (19 until December) and was Academic All-ACC, so there's reason to believe that the school portion of CBB isn't just an unnecessary interruption to his training regime. And following his sister's footsteps (she has her number in the rafters at Cameron) he possibly cares as much about graduating and leaving his mark in Blue Devil history as playing in the NBA.

Yeah I think he wants to be able to be as good as his sister (or at least come close to her) and he seems like a kid who would stay in school but as you mentioned it could be vey difficult to pass up that kind of money

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'
Life today is what it is but you seem to be handling this Duke situation well. I recently got both of my COVID vaccines at Duke and now I'm hoping like hell I didn't catch COVID while I was in Durham since Duke basketball and football seem to be having problems with this right now. At least I didn't catch a bullet on my two trips to Durham since it is the crime capital of NC so all is well for now. I was born in Durham about a hundred years ago but things were much different back then so I am told.

I'm getting inoculated tomorrow with the free from mask vaccine. Although I still wear one and keep my distance.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'

I'm getting inoculated tomorrow with the free from mask vaccine. Although I still wear one and keep my distance.

Good for you! It's been 15 days since my 2nd vaccine so I'm suppose to be 95% safe now but who knows since there is so much that the so called experts still don't know about COVID that I will continue to wear this hated mask and keep my distance too.

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

where's Hurt going? He's only a sophomore and isn't listed in any mock drafts

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that sucks for us. Just hope that we’ll still be able to play in the main tournament and defend our title the right way.