• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The ACC Thread

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I am sure Duke has many many more problems that not playing in front of fans (yes bad on road as well) but it certainly is a home court advantage in Cameron Indoor for sure!

In a betting line the home team is usually getting 3 points before the line is set. Over the years under Coach K, Duke is given 4 to 5 points in Cameron, before the line is set so you are correct about Duke's home court advantage.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a betting line the home team is usually getting 3 points before the line is set. Over the years under Coach K, Duke is given 4 to 5 points in Cameron, before the line is set so you are correct about Duke's home court advantage.

I actually wasn't even thinking of it like that, so thank you for that. I was just saying Duke is a team that feeds a lot off the crowd being slow close an so small. That place gets rocking and loud!

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually wasn't even thinking of it like that, so thank you for that. I was just saying Duke is a team that feeds a lot off the crowd being slow close an so small. That place gets rocking and loud!

Correct about those crazies in Cameron and they can rattle an opposing player by being so close to the action.

Funny and true story since I was in Cameron the night it happened:

Lorenzo Charles, the leading scorer for NC State on their national championship team in 1983 got caught stealing some pizzas off a pizza truck on the NC State campus about a week before NC State went to Cameron to play Duke. He did not get suspended and he was averaging 20+ points per game at that time. When the starting lineups were announced, and Charles name announced, the Cameron crazies must have thrown over 200 empty pizza boxes onto the court. If I remember correctly Charles scored 3 points that night.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct about those crazies in Cameron and they can rattle an opposing player by being so close to the action.

Funny and true story since I was in Cameron the night it happened:

Lorenzo Charles, the leading scorer for NC State on their national championship team in 1983 got caught stealing some pizzas off a pizza truck on the NC State campus about a week before NC State went to Cameron to play Duke. He did not get suspended and he was averaging 20+ points per game at that time. When the starting lineups were announced, and Charles name announced, the Cameron crazies must have thrown over 200 empty pizza boxes onto the court. If I remember correctly Charles scored 3 points that night.

That is freaking AWESOME!!! Go Crazies! LOL

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never thought I would see Duke drop to this level with Coach K at the helm. I don't think the lack of Crazies in Cameron is their only problem because they are not playing well on the road either. Hopefully our friend @douggie will chime in on this with his take because I certainly don't understand what's going on with Duke. It's almost like Alabama or Clemson dropping off the map suddenly in college football and I don't think that's going to happen.

The lack of an offseason/preseason is hurting quite a few teams with lots of one and done players like Duke. Hard to build chemistry on the fly without that prep. And hitting that adversity, some of those players just check out.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never thought I would see Duke drop to this level with Coach K at the helm. I don't think the lack of Crazies in Cameron is their only problem because they are not playing well on the road either. Hopefully our friend @douggie will chime in on this with his take because I certainly don't understand what's going on with Duke. It's almost like Alabama or Clemson dropping off the map suddenly in college football and I don't think that's going to happen.

What's up guys? I know basketball at Duke is pretty dismal right now. But the Devils have one of the youngest teams in the country. I think I heard they were the fourth youngest by Sports Center. The youth they have is talented but just lack experience. They missed an early season because those games were cancelled. Other games were postponed. And Duke women even cancelled their season due to Covid concerns. So a lot of stuff for a bunch of young kids to deal with. Not making excuses but these are just some reasons they suck. Spectators? If Duke is the toughest place to play then yes it affects home court advantage. But that isn't all the reasons either.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing that is not AWESOME is that the thief, Lorenzo Charles, played for my team.

Yeah, we love players when they play for our teams but the second they don't we turn on them.. Well most players anyway. Some guys we just hate from the beginning no matter what team they are on

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's up guys? I know basketball at Duke is pretty dismal right now. But the Devils have one of the youngest teams in the country. I think I heard they were the fourth youngest by Sports Center. The youth they have is talented but just lack experience. They missed an early season because those games were cancelled. Other games were postponed. And Duke women even cancelled their season due to Covid concerns. So a lot of stuff for a bunch of young kids to deal with. Not making excuses but these are just some reasons they suck. Spectators? If Duke is the toughest place to play then yes it affects home court advantage. But that isn't all the reasons either.

I think I've known you long enough my friend to know that you don't make excuses for anything that is not going well which is a good trait. Duke does not suck by the way even though you probably feel this way based on past Duke excellence. I guess what I am having trouble understanding is that even though Duke is young their talented youngsters should be playing better by now in my opinion. I know it's difficult to build team chemistry with all the cancellations and postponements that Covid has brought forth but just about all teams are dealing with this. Don't worry, Duke will get back into the win column very soon when they play my pitiful Wolfpack.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, we love players when they play for our teams but the second they don't we turn on them.. Well most players anyway. Some guys we just hate from the beginning no matter what team they are on

Yeah, I think we all can name players we didn't like from the get-go no matter who they played for.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great start to our list!

I'll add any player who played for UNC. Well, I'll take that back because I did like MJ and very few others who wore light blue.

as much as it pains me to say it but I'd take Harrison Barnes on the Celtics!

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as much as it pains me to say it but I'd take Harrison Barnes on the Celtics!

I haven't checked the list but UNC is probably at the top of the list, or close to it, on the number of players by one school that went to the NBA. I don't follow the NBA so you probably know more about this than I do but during the Dean Smith era at UNC it seemed like almost all of his seniors went to the NBA.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't checked the list but UNC is probably at the top of the list, or close to it, on the number of players by one school that went to the NBA. I don't follow the NBA so you probably know more about this than I do but during the Dean Smith era at UNC it seemed like almost all of his seniors went to the NBA.

I don't really either but I think he would be a solid addition to the Cs but if I being honest I really don't care about the NBA

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KenPom Ratings through 2/14:

1. Virginia (9th nationally)
2. Florida State (20th nationally)
3. Louisville (31st nationally)
4. Virginia Tech (32nd nationally)
5. Duke (34th nationally)
6. North Carolina (43rd nationally)
7. Clemson (46th nationally)
8. Notre Dame (53rd nationally)
9. Syracuse (57th nationally)
10. Georgia Tech (58th nationally)
11. Pittsburgh (75th nationally)
12. NC State (81st nationally)
13. Wake Forest (110th nationally)
14. Boston College (122nd nationally)
15. Miami FL (132nd nationally)

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The freight train is a rollin’.
You guys definitely dominated us, no doubt. I'm thinking that when the brackets are revealed, we'll probably be a 3 or 4 seed.

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m wondering if we’re actually going to make up the postponed games.