• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The ACC Thread

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FSU with 70%+ FG% in a conference game. How often does that happen? All but 1 player shot 50% or over.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FSU with 70%+ FG% in a conference game. How often does that happen? All but 1 player shot 50% or over.

They could have beaten anyone in the nation last night with that shooting performance.

Embarrassing for my Wolfpack!

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well this sucks....

We might be able to survive. For once, we've actually got a little bit of depth. But its probably gonna go from being a safe tournament team to fight amongst the bubble teams. But hey, for year 2 under Mike Young, that's still a win.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hey Buddy and I hope you and your family are doing well. My Wolfies were not doing much to begin with this season and now with losing our best player for the rest of the season it appears that things are only going to get worse. I'm all in for Duke the rest of the way but what do you think they need to do to become more competitive?

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Buddy and I hope you and your family are doing well. My Wolfies were not doing much to begin with this season and now with losing our best player for the rest of the season it appears that things are only going to get worse. I'm all in for Duke the rest of the way but what do you think they need to do to become more competitive?

Hey TC, I hate that for Daniels. He was playing about as well as anybody when he went don with the ACL. It's just a shame. I hate it when these kids get hurt.

Duke needs to cut down on the turnovers. This is what happens when you have to play Freshmen. They tend to commit unforced turnovers at a tremendous clip. Roach, Steward, Goldwire, and Moore have to work on that. Then these guys need to get the ball to Johnson and Hurt so they can score the basketball. Their roles are still getting defined, but they are in the games they've lost. They just have to execute.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey TC, I hate that for Daniels. He was playing about as well as anybody when he went don with the ACL. It's just a shame. I hate it when these kids get hurt.

Duke needs to cut down on the turnovers. This is what happens when you have to play Freshmen. They tend to commit unforced turnovers at a tremendous clip. Roach, Steward, Goldwire, and Moore have to work on that. Then these guys need to get the ball to Johnson and Hurt so they can score the basketball. Their roles are still getting defined, but they are in the games they've lost. They just have to execute.

I haven't really watched much college basketball this season so far because of 1/I've been focused on the NFL and 2/with all of these college basketball games being cancelled or rescheduled it's hard to get into the flow of things but I guess this is the new normal. I did watch Duke at Louisville however and I was impressed with Hurt. I haven't seen Virginia play yet but FSU looks very good to me from what I have seen. You know I don't want to say this but the Heels seem to be getting better too. Hopefully Duke will be able to bring them back down a notch or two very soon. As soon as February arrives I'm sure that college basketball will get much more of my attention. Oh, I forgot to mention, I have watched Gonzaga play a couple of times and they look like an NBA team to me even though history has proven that they always seem to find a way to come up short when the title is on the line. I guess we'll find out.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't really watched much college basketball this season so far because of 1/I've been focused on the NFL and 2/with all of these college basketball games being cancelled or rescheduled it's hard to get into the flow of things but I guess this is the new normal. I did watch Duke at Louisville however and I was impressed with Hurt. I haven't seen Virginia play yet but FSU looks very good to me from what I have seen. You know I don't want to say this but the Heels seem to be getting better too. Hopefully Duke will be able to bring them back down a notch or two very soon. As soon as February arrives I'm sure that college basketball will get much more of my attention. Oh, I forgot to mention, I have watched Gonzaga play a couple of times and they look like an NBA team to me even though history has proven that they always seem to find a way to come up short when the title is on the line. I guess we'll find out.

The problem with Gonzaga is they just don't play the same competition as the ACC, B1G, or Big 12. Maybe even the Pac 12 too. I think UVA is playing well right now. They can beat the Zags. So can FSU. VaTech and Clemson are dangerous. If Duke can play some defense and cut down on the turnovers, then maybe they have a shot at making the tourney. I believe the closer we get to the end of the regular season, the closer I see teams that figure already to have made the tournament opt out of the ACC Tourney. Strange times.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with Gonzaga is they just don't play the same competition as the ACC, B1G, or Big 12. Maybe even the Pac 12 too. I think UVA is playing well right now. They can beat the Zags. So can FSU. VaTech and Clemson are dangerous. If Duke can play some defense and cut down on the turnovers, then maybe they have a shot at making the tourney. I believe the closer we get to the end of the regular season, the closer I see teams that figure already to have made the tournament opt out of the ACC Tourney. Strange times.
We'd have to play better than we did against them a month or so ago. They got a massive run to start the game and we never were able to quite get back within striking distance.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You make some great points! Gonzaga always plays a weak overall schedule which could be part of the reason they always seem to come up short in the big dance. I was looking forward to watching them play Baylor but that game was cancelled and I'm not sure if it has been rescheduled or not. You're absolutely right about strange times when neither Duke, UNC, or Kentucky are among the elite.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'd have to play better than we did against them a month or so ago. They got a massive run to start the game and we never were able to quite get back within striking distance.

Yes, that game got out of hand quickly but I think your Cavs in your face defense will keep them in the hunt come March.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Your Blue Devils looked better today against Clemson than I have seen them look in a long time. Like you said, when you cut down on the turnovers good things happen.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your Blue Devils looked better today against Clemson than I have seen them look in a long time. Like you said, when you cut down on the turnovers good things happen.

But I was way wrong about the Cavaliers as they got their asses handed to them by VaTech. Mike Young is a really good coach. That kid Aluma is a player.