• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The ACC Thread

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doctor Who Reaction GIF

RubinRock

Has a Well-Known Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anyone ever been swept in a day during this event? Will the Big10 ever recover?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp Duke will ONLY play conference games the remainder of the season per Jeff Goodman....

@douggie @tomcat1 thoughts?

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL Coach K is such a fucking coward

Just embarrassing

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp Duke will ONLY play conference games the remainder of the season per Jeff Goodman....

@douggie @tomcat1 thoughts?

I think my mind still works even though nothing makes sense to me lately concerning sports or life in general. Coach K will have to speak for himself concerning this matter because I don't have a clue.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think my mind still works even though nothing makes sense to me lately concerning sports or life in general. Coach K will have to speak for himself concerning this matter because I don't have a clue.

It's not a good look to say this AFTER losing two games at home

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not a good look to say this AFTER losing two games at home

Now that I agree with. I'm sure everything goes through Coach K when it comes to Duke basketball and it will be interesting to hear what he has to say about all of this when he decides to speak.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that I agree with. I'm sure everything goes through Coach K when it comes to Duke basketball and it will be interesting to hear what he has to say about all of this when he decides to speak.

He probably will pull a Belichick and not say much about it

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He probably will pull a Belichick and not say much about it

What's weird is that live live right here in the Triangle and what one would think is a big local sports story has not even been mentioned. This is why I don't think Coach K has said anything yet.

redseat and tomcat . . . . . calling douggie . . . . . come in please . . . . . and tell us what is going on.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's weird is that live live right here in the Triangle and what one would think is a big local sports story has not even been mentioned. This is why I don't think Coach K has said anything yet.

redseat and tomcat . . . . . calling douggie . . . . . come in please . . . . . and tell us what is going on.

and I don't think he will. He knows he will get crucified no matter what he does

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and I don't think he will. He knows he will get crucified no matter what he does

You're probably right but you would think the AD or someone at Duke would give some kind of explanation on why this decision was made since to the best of my knowledge no other program has cancelled all of their non conference games.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're probably right but you would think the AD or someone at Duke would give some kind of explanation on why this decision was made since to the best of my knowledge no other program has cancelled all of their non conference games.

The AD might as its still early on and I am sure they will be getting immense pressure to say something publicly. Im sure a generic message will be released in the coming weeks. PR department working 24/7 trying to write something that would paint Duke in a positive light

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I literally had no idea who Nate Oats was or why he made comments about Coach K. But who cares? The media made it out as K wanting to shut down the season. And that's not what he said. Reassess is what he said. Never shut down. And if you are able to remember back when Duke was a Top 10 team and heading into the ACC Tournament back in March when this all hit, you'd remember that Duke was ahead of nearly everybody else in pausing activities in the ACC Tournament as the Pandemic was just getting started. So this little no named Bama basketball coach wants to sound off, so what? Coach K is looking after his team. So fuck Nate Oats and anybody else who wants to throw jabs at Duke Basketball.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The AD might as its still early on and I am sure they will be getting immense pressure to say something publicly. Im sure a generic message will be released in the coming weeks. PR department working 24/7 trying to write something that would paint Duke in a positive light

I'm sure douggie will let us know something because he knows more about Duke basketball than anyone on this site.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I literally had no idea who Nate Oats was or why he made comments about Coach K. But who cares? The media made it out as K wanting to shut down the season. And that's not what he said. Reassess is what he said. Never shut down. And if you are able to remember back when Duke was a Top 10 team and heading into the ACC Tournament back in March when this all hit, you'd remember that Duke was ahead of nearly everybody else in pausing activities in the ACC Tournament as the Pandemic was just getting started. So this little no named Bama basketball coach wants to sound off, so what? Coach K is looking after his team. So fuck Nate Oats and anybody else who wants to throw jabs at Duke Basketball.

Well said my friend!

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well said my friend!

Well, again, Duke cancelled all the remainder of it's Non-conference games. Not any ACC games. That was Elon, Charleston Southern, and Gardner Webb. These games were postponed by them, not Duke. They would have to reschedule and Duke would have to reschedule. And Duke would be in the middle of the ACC games, then stop and play Elon so they wouldn't miss a game and risk an injury for what? No wonder Coach K said no.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop sucking up to @douggie You're better than that!!!!!!

hahaha.. I kid! You are 100% correct, he does

douggie is my buddy but I can assure that I don't suck anything on someone who is the same sex that I am.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, again, Duke cancelled all the remainder of it's Non-conference games. Not any ACC games. That was Elon, Charleston Southern, and Gardner Webb. These games were postponed by them, not Duke. They would have to reschedule and Duke would have to reschedule. And Duke would be in the middle of the ACC games, then stop and play Elon so they wouldn't miss a game and risk an injury for what? No wonder Coach K said no.

I knew that the rest of Duke's non conference games were against the sisters of the weak so all of this is making sense now. Maybe Coach K is not just a smart basketball coach but also smart enough to know that we have a serious pandemic going on in our world right now. The only problem that I am having trying to understand all of this is why did he wait until he lost twice to announce this?

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew that the rest of Duke's non conference games were against the sisters of the weak so all of this is making sense now. Maybe Coach K is not just a smart basketball coach but also smart enough to know that we have a serious pandemic going on in our world right now. The only problem that I am having trying to understand all of this is why did he wait until he lost twice to announce this?

It was brought up as a question by a reporter in the postgame of the game with Illinois. The reporter asked what feels different about this season? And an honest answer followed. Then after all these postponements it just made sense to not play them since they weren't necessary. You have to play four Non-Conference games per NCAA rules. Duke has done that already. So the logical thing was to just drop those games altogether.