• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The ACC Thread

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I was way wrong about the Cavaliers as they got their asses handed to them by VaTech. Mike Young is a really good coach. That kid Aluma is a player.

That 19-0 scoring run that VaTech put up can do severe damage to any team.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That 19-0 scoring run that VaTech put up can do severe damage to any team.
Long scoring droughts during games have plagued this team for many years.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Long scoring droughts during games have plagued this team for many years.

And that's confusing to me because teams that play outstanding defense like Virginia does should prevent scoring runs by any opponent. I guess it comes down to the offense lending a helping hand even with a great defense.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that's confusing to me because teams that play outstanding defense like Virginia does should prevent scoring runs by any opponent. I guess it comes down to the offense lending a helping hand even with a great defense.
I think a lot of the runs against us are when guys get hot shooting 3’s. Usually the interior is well defended.
We usually thrive on the low scoring 48-42 type games. Even when we can’t score, we can usually hold the other team scoreless for long periods of time as well. Our teams under Bennett aren’t built for high scoring games. So when someone gets hot on the other team, it’s hard for us to keep up a lot of the time.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a lot of the runs against us are when guys get hot shooting 3’s. Usually the interior is well defended.
We usually thrive on the low scoring 48-42 type games. Even when we can’t score, we can usually hold the other team scoreless for long periods of time as well. Our teams under Bennett aren’t built for high scoring games. So when someone gets hot on the other team, it’s hard for us to keep up a lot of the time.

I understand but I still think your Cavs will be in the hunt when March arrives.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand but I still think your Cavs will be in the hunt when March arrives.
I think we’ll be a final four contender but I’m not sure from what I’ve seen that they’ll win the title this year. While the defense is still good, its not as good as some of our teams from years past. Just doesn’t feel like the chemistry is fully there in my opinion. Would love to be wrong though.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saturday's game between UNC and Duke mark the first time since 1960 that going into the contest neither of which are ranked.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saturday's game between UNC and Duke mark the first time since 1960 that going into the contest neither of which are ranked.

Sad . . . . . and it takes some of the glow off this matchup.

I hope I'm wrong but I'm beginning to think that no team from the ACC will go deep into the NCAA Tournament this season. In fact, the ACC might get the fewest number of teams invited to this tournament in a long time.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is not ACC related but it concerns a team located in the middle of ACC country.

Number 5 Houston went to East Carolina tonight as a 16.5 point road favorite and lost 82-73. It's the first time in the history of ECU basketball they beat a top 5 ranked team. Congratulations to the Pirates!

foster4prez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
buckets baby.

DHksyri.gif

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome back to the site where the action is.

I hope everything is going well for you with your UNC-C studies.
thanks bro, everything is going well

1 A, 2 B's last semester. Financial Management was a pretty challenging course

taking four courses this semester. I can already tell that Managerial Economics is going to be a major pain in the ass

how are you?

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thanks bro, everything is going well

1 A, 2 B's last semester. Financial Management was a pretty challenging course

taking four courses this semester. I can already tell that Managerial Economics is going to be a major pain in the ass

how are you?

Everything is good bro and I'm glad to hear that your studies are going well.

The sports world continues to be crazy with everything that is going on but it is what it is for now.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@douggie is it just me thinking this but Duke truly needs the Crazies to do well? It seems like this season without them they aren't performing. Now doesn't mean they flat out suck or anything but they don't seem to be playing a complete game

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@douggie is it just me thinking this but Duke truly needs the Crazies to do well? It seems like this season without them they aren't performing. Now doesn't mean they flat out suck or anything but they don't seem to be playing a complete game

I never thought I would see Duke drop to this level with Coach K at the helm. I don't think the lack of Crazies in Cameron is their only problem because they are not playing well on the road either. Hopefully our friend @douggie will chime in on this with his take because I certainly don't understand what's going on with Duke. It's almost like Alabama or Clemson dropping off the map suddenly in college football and I don't think that's going to happen.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never thought I would see Duke drop to this level with Coach K at the helm. I don't think the lack of Crazies in Cameron is their only problem because they are not playing well on the road either. Hopefully our friend @douggie will chime in on this with his take because I certainly don't understand what's going on with Duke. It's almost like Alabama or Clemson dropping off the map suddenly in college football and I don't think that's going to happen.

Oh I am sure Duke has many many more problems that not playing in front of fans (yes bad on road as well) but it certainly is a home court advantage in Cameron Indoor for sure!