• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 3 are still in San Fran visting

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talking about Nnamdi, Delmas and Skuta, hopefully we bag all 3 by tmw

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i don't know anything about Skuta what's he good at?

xJuicex

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we even have the cap room for them, where do we stand as of right now?

Anyone know?

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
A little over $9M thanks to Mario M restructuring his contract

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Delmas is damn good

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone think the staff has more faith in our backups then we all think? Or will we for sure pick one if the many free agents left?

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who do you want?

I want absolutely nothing from the Detroit secondary... Delmas is his own is a solid player, nothing special, just solid on a terrible mockery of a secondary IMO.

I personally see Delmas as a downgrade from Goldson, as many FS would be to me....

now replacement, unfortunately I can't name any that would be suitable replacements. I could roll with Woodson at FS due to his experience but I can't really see someone in FA to be comfortable with ATM.

Draft, we could solve that issue IMO

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why did Detroit let him go? a team in absolute need of help, why lose their "best" man? cap?

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want absolutely nothing from the Detroit secondary... Delmas is his own is a solid player, nothing special, just solid on a terrible mockery of a secondary IMO.

I personally see Delmas as a downgrade from Goldson, as many FS would be to me....

now replacement, unfortunately I can't name any that would be suitable replacements. I could roll with Woodson at FS due to his experience but I can't really see someone in FA to be comfortable with ATM.

Draft, we could solve that issue IMO

Woodson's experience means nothing to me. I hate the idea of him coming more than anyone we've looked at so far. Experience only goes so far, but at some point you just become the old guy who can't play anymore. Since both are going to get beat, I'd take an inexperienced rookie over Woodson at this point.

Delmas was Solid surrounded by crap with bad coaching. He'd be far from a weakness here if he stays healthy. I can't say the same for woodson.

justforkicks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woodson's experience means nothing to me. I hate the idea of him coming more than anyone we've looked at so far. Experience only goes so far, but at some point you just become the old guy who can't play anymore. Since both are going to get beat, I'd take an inexperienced rookie over Woodson at this point.

Delmas was Solid surrounded by crap with bad coaching. He'd be far from a weakness here if he stays healthy. I can't say the same for woodson.

I think they want to bring in Woodson in a similar fashion to what they did with Moss last season. They're going to draft a safety or two and they have Robinson and Thomas already on the team.

They'll be bringing in Woodson mainly to be the guy that shows the younger guys how to play the position smartly, how to see things on the field, tricks, etc. I think Reed would have been a better model, since he's been the best safety in the league for the last decade, but he still wants to be a starter and the niner FO probably wants more of a cheaper player-coach that has a little left in the tank until the younger guys are ready to step up.

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they want to bring in Woodson in a similar fashion to what they did with Moss last season. They're going to draft a safety or two and they have Robinson and Thomas already on the team.

They'll be bringing in Woodson mainly to be the guy that shows the younger guys how to play the position smartly, how to see things on the field, tricks, etc. I think Reed would have been a better model, since he's been the best safety in the league for the last decade, but he still wants to be a starter and the niner FO probably wants more of a cheaper player-coach that has a little left in the tank until the younger guys are ready to step up.

No thank you to Woodson, guy wont be an every down player and someone that cant play the FS position every down doesn't need to be on this team.

Moss was just smoke and mirrors.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think an over the hill falling off safety hurts the team more than it does at receiver. Moss net being up to par didn't cost us any games, woodson getting beat probably would.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not the same, Moss came to the 49ers for an affordable contract because he was still chasing a championship.

Woodson has his ring and he already got cut in GB because he wouldn't take a paycut, and his agent has said that if the money is right he'd like to play for the 49ers.

Who can blame him, his DPOY cost him 2 million dollars in charitable bribes in late late November. He made those bribes thinking he would see the end of his Packers contract, but here we are... and he didn't... so he wants to see the skrilla at his old man NFL age.

justforkicks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not the same, Moss came to the 49ers for an affordable contract because he was still chasing a championship.

Woodson has his ring and he already got cut in GB because he wouldn't take a paycut, and his agent has said that if the money is right he'd like to play for the 49ers.

Who can blame him, his DPOY cost him 2 million dollars in charitable bribes in late late November. He made those bribes thinking he would see the end of his Packers contract, but here we are... and he didn't... so he wants to see the skrilla at his old man NFL age.

My main point was that he has value with his experience, knowing the intricacies of playing FS and being a big name(might not matter to the fans, but this matters to younger players), similar to what Moss was for the WR.

I agree that if he's asking for anything over $2mil that's way too much for him. If he can play adequately for the first half or so of the season before one of the younger FS steps up, then continues to mentor the younger players, it's not a bad deal. It'll be a bonus if he's rejuvenated and puts in a full year of good play.

I'm not for them signing Woodson, but with Reed pretty much off the table and them not bringing in Huff, I trust that the front office is making the right call. The FO thinks he has something left in the tank and I hope they're right.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why did Detroit let him go? a team in absolute need of help, why lose their "best" man? cap?

Why do a lot of these teams lose a good player, he is 25, he is damn good, his only problem is he has been hurt at times, has nothing to do with his talent