• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2023-2024 NBA Season

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of the rules are "crystal clear". That doesn't mean they're not reviewable. Replay isn't about how "clear" a rule is, it's about whether or not something was missed or called incorrectly.

In this case, something was missed. Making it reviewable eliminates the potential issue and does not change the rule or its application in any way.
Ok we disagree, let’s see how it plays out. It would be a monumental change to the definition of a timeout.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no doubt

but the presumption he's leaving is completely ridiculous.

He may end up in Brooklyn if the Nets trade them Bridges and pieces...idk. But there is no evidence to back the idea is unhappy as of today.
Yeah I can’t even comment either way because I don’t follow the Cavs that closely on a day to day basis. No idea what’s been said or what’s been written. Every so often I see a tweet about trade interest in him. That’s the extent of what I know.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People just ignoring the fact that the timeout wasn’t called until a spit second before the double dribble was called. That’s why it didn’t get acknowledged.

If the timeout was called a split second BEFORE the double dribble was called, then the timeout should have been granted as it happened prior to the double dribble.

Also, your argument has been that it wasn't granted because the refs didn't see it, but now you say it's because it wasn't granted because the timeout was only a split second before the double dribble was called.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the timeout was called a split second BEFORE the double dribble was called, then the timeout should have been granted as it happened prior to the double dribble.

Also, your argument has been that it wasn't granted because the refs didn't see it, but now you say it's because it wasn't granted because the timeout was only a split second before the double dribble was called.
Well yeah obviously the sooner it’s called the bigger the chance it gets acknowledged. I only mention that aspect because people are acting like he got ignored jumping up and down on the sideline trying to call a timeout. Once again, look at the definition of a timeout, it’s not when it’s called, it’s when it’s acknowledged. Only way it can be.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok we disagree, let’s see how it plays out. It would be a monumental change to the definition of a timeout.

lol

It would make literally zero change in the definition of a timeout.

Sorry, but that argument makes zero sense.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m just saying that it seemed like you were saying him signing an extension is proof he’s happy and wants to stay. I’m saying that is no longer a safe assumption because the player can get the most money and highest salary if they get that extension first and then demand the trade. It’s been an on going conversation here.
That's a fair assumption, and I'm just saying his situation is a lot different than Dame finally asking out to not be part of a rebuild.

Now it is true guys have asked out when they could have won like Kyrie and Durant.......is Mitchell wired like them? Maybe, but I haven't seen it. also think he likes his teammates more than they did but who knows?

But whether he stays or not I think we will have our first answer in the Summer. after that (if he stays)? who the hell knows?

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

It would make literally zero change in the definition of a timeout.

Sorry, but that argument makes zero sense.
I dont see how you can’t see that it’s huge. You are arguing it’s a timeout because it’s called. The current rulebook says it’s a timeout when it’s acknowledged.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well yeah obviously the sooner it’s called the bigger the chance it gets acknowledged. I only mention that aspect because people are acting like he got ignored jumping up and down on the sideline trying to call a timeout. Once again, look at the definition of a timeout, it’s not when it’s called, it’s when it’s acknowledged. Only way it can be.

I haven't seen where anyone has claimed it was ignored, only that it was missed.

The fact that folks could and may claim that it was ignored is exactly why it should be reviewable. It provides another reason for the smooth brains to claim the NBA is rigged.

Keep going, you're doing a great job of making my case for me.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't seen where anyone has claimed it was ignored, only that it was missed.

The fact that folks could and may claim that it was ignored is exactly why it should be reviewable. It provides another reason for the smooth brains to claim the NBA is rigged.

Keep going, you're doing a great job of making my case for me.
I’m not arguing should or shouldn’t, Im playing devils advocate on how the league is going to look at it and part of that is why the timeout rule is written how it is. They aren’t opening that can of worms. It’s one game and let’s not act like Portland has been trying to win many in the first place.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont see how you can’t see that it’s huge. You are arguing it’s a timeout because it’s called. The current rulebook says it’s a timeout when it’s acknowledged.

Because a timeout has to be granted unless the team has no timeouts available, it was situation where the team couldn't call a timeout, such as not having possession of the ball or the refs just missed it.

It's not like the refs can just deny a timeout request because they don't feel like granting it.

The refs missing it could be changed under review and it wouldn't change the rule in any way. It's simply determining when a timeout was called.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not arguing should or shouldn’t, Im playing devils advocate on how the league is going to look at it and part of that is why the timeout rule is written how it is. They aren’t opening that can of worms. It’s one game and let’s not act like Portland has been trying to win many in the first place.

There is no can of worms.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because a timeout has to be granted unless the team has no timeouts available, it was situation where the team couldn't call a timeout, such as not having possession of the ball or the refs just missed it.

It's not like the refs can just deny a timeout request because they don't feel like granting it.

The refs missing it could be changed under review and it wouldn't change the rule in any way. It's simply determining when a timeout was called.
We disagree then, tremendously. That’s ok though.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's this kind of trash sports "journalism" that annoys the fuck out of me.

It's trade pron for Lakers fans and no one else.

So the Cavs are taking what? 3 of your shitty first round picks for Mitchell? The fuck out of here. The fact you write this dumbass article and expect to be taken seriously as a journalist is absurd.

It is so God damn stupid.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So the Cavs are taking what? 3 of your shitty first round picks for Mitchell? The fuck out of here. The fact you write this dumbass article and expect to be taken seriously as a journalist is absurd.

It's an opinion piece. Why are you letting that bug you so much?

Until I see a post by Woj or Shams, I couldn't give two shits about it.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For Lakers fans...who are laughing and saying it won't happen.

Yet, you're the one posting it and crying about it.

Congrats on doing exactly what the author wanted you to do.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's an opinion piece. Why are you letting that bug you so much?

Until I see a post by Woj or Shams, I couldn't give two shits about it.

Exactly. Virtually everything else is clickbait.

That's why no one is really commenting all that much about Murray to the Lakers...Amick is the one reporting that "they've separated themselves" from other teams as far as trading for him.