• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2023-2024 NBA Season

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, if the Blazers win their challenge, that's exactly what they'll do. The next time they play each other, they'll restart the protested game and play from that point. At least that's what they've done in the past.

How many times has that happened?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bojan and Joe Harris for Lavine I guess.

That's literally all they get to be absolved of that deal.

Take it and like it Chicago.

or eat shit. That works too.
Maybe LaVine for Cade straight up LOL

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe LaVine for Cade straight up LOL

They just trying to drive that price up.

I'd consider Patrick for Ivey to the deal above if Williams wasn't an insane person with his reported contract request.

Bojan has some great nights (like yesterday) but he was getting hunted vs Milwaukee. Burks is a damn crack head but I could see them keeping him but I'm concerned his efforts of late are solely driven to get someone to trade for him.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many times has that happened?

6. There have only been, I believe, 48 formal protests in NBA history. Only 6 of those were upheld.

Most recently in 2008 with a game between the Heat and Hawks (Shaq was disqualified for having 6 fouls when he only had 5). They replayed the final 51 seconds and no one scored. Shaq had been traded in between the games and therefore, wasn't there.

Prior to that, you have to go back to a 1982 game between the Lakers and Spurs. With the Lakers trailing 116-114 and only 1 free throw left, Norm Nixon "faked a free throw" causing both teams to jump into the lane. The refs incorrectly called for a jump ball. The Lakers won the tip, tied the game and won in double overtime. They replayed the final seconds starting with Nixon's free throw and the Spurs ended up winning 117-114.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,521.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another topic getting debated for daaaaaaaaaaaaaays.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,521.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They just trying to drive that price up.

I'd consider Patrick for Ivey to the deal above if Williams wasn't an insane person with his reported contract request.

Bojan has some great nights (like yesterday) but he was getting hunted vs Milwaukee. Burks is a damn crack head but I could see them keeping him but I'm concerned his efforts of late are solely driven to get someone to trade for him.
The only trade I would consider would be Bog, Wiseman, Thompson, and a few 1st rounders.

Wiseman is expiring so that 12 mill comes off the books for the Bulls and Bog is a shooter the Bulls could use and his contract next season is not fully guaranteed and Thompson is a nice player but he cannot shoot and you have to include a youngster to entice the Bulls into taking the deal.

Nothing else.

Cade, LaVine, Duren and Ivey is a nice quartet.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only trade I would consider would be Bog, Wiseman, Thompson, and a few 1st rounders.

Wiseman is expiring so that 12 mill comes off the books for the Bulls and Bog is a shooter the Bulls could use and his contract next season is not fully guaranteed and Thompson is a nice player but he cannot shoot and you have to include a youngster to entice the Bulls into taking the deal.

Nothing else.

Cade, LaVine, Duren and Ivey is a nice quartet.

Lavine isn't netting anywhere near that. The Bulls have been better this year when he doesn't play.

Like I said I could see moving Ivey and Bojan and Harris for Lavine and Patrick Williams on paper....but Willliams is a total wild card on contract negotiations

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bojan and Joe Harris for Lavine I guess.

That's literally all they get to be absolved of that deal.

Take it and like it Chicago.

or eat shit. That works too.

I don't imagine they'll get an offer above matching salary. In fact, dumping that contract might cost Chicago draft capital.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just saw Shane's latest Tweet that the Pistons were not shopping Bog when I posted that. So here goes another one.

Harris, Wiseman, Thompson and a few 1st rounders. Maybe add a pick swap since we are subbing out Harris for Bog. Might have to compensate the Bulls for taking Harris and Wiseman even if they care coming off the books. Harris and Wiseman are both expiring so that us 31 million coming off the books and the Bulls can go FA shopping this offseason since they do not seem intent on totally tanking and blowing it all up..

Keep Ivey and include Thompson since he cannot shoot. Cade, LaVine, Ivey, and Duren is a nice quartet to build around going forward. The Pistons might suck right now but they have some nice young pieces.

no one is giving the Bulls first round picks for the right to overpay Lavine. The Bulls are dying to get off that deal.

The reason I included Williams for Ivey is because Ivey Lavine Cade could be a rough fit and Williams has been solid in spurts and fits a need for Detroit. But the dude thinks he's Kevin Durant

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no one is giving the Bulls first round picks for the right to overpay Lavine. The Bulls are dying to get off that deal.

The reason I included Williams for Ivey is because Ivey Lavine Cade could be a rough fit and Williams has been solid in spurts and fits a need for Detroit. But the dude thinks he's Kevin Durant

If Detroit is engaging in talks, it's to get draft capital, not give. Asking for Cade is laughable, but I guess you have to start somewhere. Aim high so when you get to a reasonable deal it seems like you gave ground, lol.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Detroit is engaging in talks, it's to get draft capital, not give. Asking for Cade is laughable, but I guess you have to start somewhere. Aim high so when you get to a reasonable deal it seems like you gave ground, lol.
for sure

if anything they'd look for a first here.

I think he's got 4 years left no?

It's not eating Pooles contract bad at least

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for sure

Combine that contract with Lonzo's.....ouch. At least Lonzo's only has a player option for next season left.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for sure

What if the Bulls say. You give us one future 1st, Bog and Harris and we got a deal?

I think LaVine is worth one 1st and players at this point bc of that big contract.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if the Bulls say. You give us one future 1st, Bog and Harris and we got a deal?

I think LaVine is worth one 1st and players at this point bc of that big contract.

idk man. His regression this year is a little concerning.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6. There have only been, I believe, 48 formal protests in NBA history. Only 6 of those were upheld.

Most recently in 2008 with a game between the Heat and Hawks (Shaq was disqualified for having 6 fouls when he only had 5). They replayed the final 51 seconds and no one scored. Shaq had been traded in between the games and therefore, wasn't there.

Prior to that, you have to go back to a 1982 game between the Lakers and Spurs. With the Lakers trailing 116-114 and only 1 free throw left, Norm Nixon "faked a free throw" causing both teams to jump into the lane. The refs incorrectly called for a jump ball. The Lakers won the tip, tied the game and won in double overtime. They replayed the final seconds starting with Nixon's free throw and the Spurs ended up winning 117-114.

Still a lot more times than I thought.

No chance Blazers win this protest.

That Shaq error that you mention is irrefutable fact, not a judgement as to when a TO should have been granted.

I will be shocked if this is number 7. Blazers just protesting to call attention to what happened.