• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2023-2024 NBA Season

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, but we all know what will happen if he becomes available...

The Lakers will likely contact the Cavs re: asking price, realize they can't get there and move on.

It will get leaked and clickbait seeking dipshits will come up with "trade scenarios" that get him to the Lakers, the vast majority of which will be stupid.

Then, people like @Shanemansj13 will start posting that "Lakers fans are expecting teams to just hand over good players for free". When it's pointed out that no one here has said anything they'll claim they "saw it on other sites".

Literally the easiest off-season prediction one can make.
Cannot say I recall shane being the guy who does that (not saying untrue...just haven't noticed).

I agree with everything else...thought DJ giving your comments a bullseye was especially comical, though, for obvious reasons.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So?

He went to college in Louisville. If NY was this super important place he just had to be he'd have gone to college there. Like Artest did.

If the Cavs make strides in the playoffs (even beating the Knicks) why would he want to leave Cleveland?

I'm not following the logic here.

You don't understand that Louisville is a bigger NCAA program than St Johns, Seton Hall, or Rutgers?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be so sure about that.

Can't recall him saying anything about wanting out and they have a good young team that could contend soon.

As with most of these things, it will likely come down to how much the Cavs can/will pay him.
Guessing the Cavs will offer him a max and comes down to if he thinks he can win here and how much he likes his teammates. Guessing he likes his teammates quite a bit by what he says and how he acts around them. Former we'll have to wait and see.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guessing the Cavs will offer him a max and comes down to if he thinks he can win here and how much he likes his teammates. Guessing he likes his teammates quite a bit by what he says and how he acts around them. Former we'll have to wait and see.

Not signing an extension this season means he using his leverage to try to get the Cavs to the next level. If they don't get there...

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure when he demanded out of Utah....NY is where he wanted to go. And would have ended up on the Knicks but Trader Danny wanted 6 picks plus players.

I expect him to be a Knick or Net in the future.
OK....but it's well known he was thrilled when he heard he was headed to the Cavs and he also heard Mobley, allen and Garland were not part of the deal.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not signing an extension this season means he using his leverage to try to get the Cavs to the next level. If they don't get there...
By "this season" I assume you mean summer of 2023 up until now or remainder of this season? This has been explained by many......he can get quite a bit more money if he waits.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will see, I would give that change a 0 percent chance though. Think about it, you think they are going to open the door to having to do a clock review late in the game every time a timeout is called? That’s what it would open the door to. The clock stops when the official recognizes the request by blowing the whistle.

Why would they do a clock review every time a timeout is called? It would only be in a case where a timeout was called, but not granted which rarely happens. The refs not being able to see everything is why replay review exists in the first place.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would they do a clock review every time a timeout is called? It would only be in a case where a timeout was called, but not granted which rarely happens. The refs not being able to see everything is why replay review exists in the first place.
The rule is crystal clear and what I said is the logical conclusion as to how it would be looked at if they make that change. It’s already been addressed in the definition of a timeout. Just part of the game.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't understand that Louisville is a bigger NCAA program than St Johns, Seton Hall, or Rutgers?

Of course I understand that.

U CONN? Syracuse?

If being close to home was this super pivotal.

Obviously it wasn't.

And again 5 years by all accounts being a good teammate in Utah.

There is nothing I've heard or seen that indicates he wants out other than other teams floating some bullshit out there.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course I understand that.

U CONN? Syracuse?

If being close to home was this super pivotal.

Obviously it wasn't.

And again 5 years by all accounts being a good teammate in Utah.

There is nothing I've heard or seen that indicates he wants out other than other teams floating some bullshit out there.
I'd say it's also reporters on their own just assuming he wants to play at home.

all things equal, maybe he even does. But based on money alone all things wont be equal.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People just ignoring the fact that the timeout wasn’t called until a spit second before the double dribble was called. That’s why it didn’t get acknowledged.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because they’re willing to sign the extension doesn’t mean they want to stay. That was the Dame situation.

Reactions: DJ

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rule is crystal clear and what I said is the logical conclusion as to how it would be looked at if they make that change. It’s already been addressed in the definition of a timeout. Just part of the game.

Most of the rules are "crystal clear". That doesn't mean they're not reviewable. Replay isn't about how "clear" a rule is, it's about whether or not something was missed or called incorrectly.

In this case, something was missed. Making it reviewable eliminates the potential issue and does not change the rule or its application in any way.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because they’re willing to sign the extension doesn’t mean they want to stay. That was the Dame situation.
Cool....also doesn't mean they don't want to stay. Dame's team was kind of showing signs of regressing with a rebuild coming, too. at least right now does not seem to be where the Cavs are headed.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

no doubt

but the presumption he's leaving is completely ridiculous.

He may end up in Brooklyn if the Nets trade them Bridges and pieces...idk. But there is no evidence to back the idea is unhappy as of today.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool....also doesn't mean they don't want to stay. Dame's team was kind of showing signs of regressing with a rebuild coming, too. at least right now does not seem to be where the Cavs are headed.
I’m just saying that it seemed like you were saying him signing an extension is proof he’s happy and wants to stay. I’m saying that is no longer a safe assumption because the player can get the most money and highest salary if they get that extension first and then demand the trade. It’s been an on going conversation here.