• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2023-2024 NBA Season

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. I cannot see him going to LA as what would they give up we'd want.....but likely anyone on the Cavs is for sale for the right price.

No, but we all know what will happen if he becomes available...

The Lakers will likely contact the Cavs re: asking price, realize they can't get there and move on.

It will get leaked and clickbait seeking dipshits will come up with "trade scenarios" that get him to the Lakers, the vast majority of which will be stupid.

Then, people like @Shanemansj13 will start posting that "Lakers fans are expecting teams to just hand over good players for free". When it's pointed out that no one here has said anything they'll claim they "saw it on other sites".

Literally the easiest off-season prediction one can make.

• Bullseye
Reactions: DJ

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 2 minute report has nothing to do with the evidence presented by the teams.

There is something that I thought of last night that does strengthen the case against the protest.

We think of a timeout as something that is "automatic" in that a coach calls timeout, the refs blow the whistle and everyone goes to the sideline.

However, the timeout is actually a "request" made by a team and has to be "granted" by the refs. On that basis I can see where the league may deny the protest.

What could win the protest is that, assuming it's reviewable, the refs should have looked at the video to see if/when the timeout was called before calling any techs.
Yup I had the same thoughts. It’s not reviewable though, I checked, and the wording of the 2 minute report sends a signal, to me anyway.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mitchell isn't staying.....LOL.

I wouldn't be so sure about that.

Can't recall him saying anything about wanting out and they have a good young team that could contend soon.

As with most of these things, it will likely come down to how much the Cavs can/will pay him.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Lakers will likely contact the Cavs re: asking price, realize they can't get there and move on.

It will get leaked and clickbait seeking dipshits will come up with "trade scenarios" that get him to the Lakers, the vast majority of which will be stupid.

Then, people like @Shanemansj13 will start posting that "Lakers fans are expecting teams to just hand over good players for free". When it's pointed out that no one here has said anything they'll claim they "saw it on other sites".

Nailed it.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
based on what?
Pretty sure when he demanded out of Utah....NY is where he wanted to go. And would have ended up on the Knicks but Trader Danny wanted 6 picks plus players.

I expect him to be a Knick or Net in the future.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup I had the same thoughts. It’s not reviewable though, I checked, and the wording of the 2 minute report sends a signal, to me anyway.

I'd bet that if it's not reviewable, that will likely change in the off-season.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd bet that if it's not reviewable, that will likely change in the off-season.
No I don’t think so. Like you said a timeout request does not have to be granted even. And it’s not reviewable, I checked that yesterday before I ever commented on it. I would wager most GMs are shocked at this protest. Portland played hard that night though and the team wants them to know they have their back.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I don’t think so. Like you said a timeout request does not have to be granted even. And it’s not reviewable, I checked that yesterday before I ever commented on it.

I think it will be made reviewable because a case can be made that the refs not seeing the request cost the Blazers the game.

With all of the smooth brains out there that like to claim the NBA is "rigged"...that's a relatively easy change that's not likely to need to be used much.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lakers fans can’t take a joke. I said before the rumor was stupid. The Lakers are linked to every single player

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it will be made reviewable because a case can be made that the refs not seeing the request cost the Blazers the game.

With all of the smooth brains out there that like to claim the NBA is "rigged"...that's a relatively easy change that's not likely to need to be used much.
We will see, I would give that change a 0 percent chance though. Think about it, you think they are going to open the door to having to do a clock review late in the game every time a timeout is called? That’s what it would open the door to. The clock stops when the official recognizes the request by blowing the whistle.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lakers fans HERE are not expecting Mitchell to be traded to LA. Lets be clear.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure when he demanded out of Utah....NY is where he wanted to go. And would have ended up on the Knicks but Trader Danny wanted 6 picks plus players.

I expect him to be a Knick or Net in the future.

So?

He went to college in Louisville. If NY was this super important place he just had to be he'd have gone to college there. Like Artest did.

If the Cavs make strides in the playoffs (even beating the Knicks) why would he want to leave Cleveland?

I'm not following the logic here.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When he was traded to the Cavs....there wasn't 1 person on here who wasn't surprised.
OK....but he also was ecstatic when he heard about it.

FYI, the majority of major moves like these the top player in a deal often goes where not expected.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers fans can’t take a joke. I said before the rumor was stupid. The Lakers are linked to every single player

I just get annoyed when it's completely impossible. I get floating reasonable rumors. Short of trading AD to Cleveland (which is the position they don't need) LA has nothing that makes sense.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I don’t think so. Like you said a timeout request does not have to be granted even. And it’s not reviewable, I checked that yesterday before I ever commented on it. I would wager most GMs are shocked at this protest. Portland played hard that night though and the team wants them to know they have their back.
If a coach asks for a TO, the request should be granted every time. Simple as that.

If the NBA fucks this up they will absolutely have to fix this in some other way and that would be to make this play reviewable.

Seems like a NBA move after all this controversy OR they just replay the game like it has done before several times in the past.

Easy to figure out that the T came after the TO request so if they review the TO request and say it SHOULD be granted then the T is wiped clean. That is the only thing that makes logical sense.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either this offseason or next trade deadline he will demand a trade out....
He wont even need to demand it....if he does not sign an extension in the offseason the Cavs will likely trade him by their own choice.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If a coach asks for a TO, the request should be granted every time. Simple as that.

If the NBA fucks this up they will absolutely have to fix this in some other way and that would be to make this play reviewable.

Seems like a NBA move after all this controversy OR they just replay the game like it has done before several times in the past.

Easy to figure out that the T came after the TO request so if they review the TO request and say it SHOULD be granted then the T is wiped clean. That is the only thing that makes logical sense.
You would have a point if a timeout had been signalled much sooner. It was literally a split second before the double dribble was called. This is not a case of anyone jumping up and down for a timeout for multiple seconds. The actual rule book literally dictates they can’t change this.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As did I. Many took that as a rumor for this deadline, but as soon as you see 3 picks, it's obvious that is during the draft at the earliest.

I'm sure the Lakers had that discussion internally, but the only relation to the deadline is their deliberation of the opportunity cost of trading their one available pick now (presumably for Murray or Brown). Trae isn't likely either, I think he and Mitchell were mentioned as examples of players that could potentially be on the market this summer. Trae and Mitchell don't make a lot of sense with Lebron, as they are among the highest usage rates for guards in the league this year. They would be better targets post-Lebron IMO.