• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thank You Harbaugh

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well its official Harbaugh is gone. I just want to say thank you for brining us back and ending a 10-12 year streak of bad coaches. You helped bring this franchise back. U are one hell of a coach and I wish Harbaugh luck except when we play him or if he goes to Mich when he plays ND.

Some advice: Don't bring Roman as your OC at where ever you end up unless its to Mich.

Thank again Harbaugh.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Official? I don't see anything.

Link?

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Official? I don't see anything.

Link?

Here's hoping Santa gives a Dictionary to Purguy for Christmas. :hope:

I try not to be such a dick but your choice of wording makes for confusion and I thought for a minute maybe Harbaugh had already been fired. In future please try to not use the word Official if the thing you are talking about has not happened yet.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's hoping Santa gives a Dictionary to Purguy for Christmas. :hope:

I try not to be such a dick but your choice of wording makes for confusion and I thought for a minute maybe Harbaugh had already been fired. In future please try to not use the word Official if the thing you are talking about has not happened yet.

Well it is official. They are letting him coach the last game and after the game Harbaugh will have a press conference on Monday. Its been all over the news already. I hear what u are saying meaning he is still the coach but overall he is gone.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it to late to start a kickstarter fund to keep him? :hope:
Wonder how that story would go lol
"49er fans raise 10m within 24 hours to keep coach."
Would be a very awkward situation for sure.

Sad for once in over 10 years I can honestly say I'm not looking forward to next year. I just can't see us being better right now. I think 8-8 or 7-9 is possible again, but unlike this year where we earned that through injuries and under performing we likely earn it next year because it's who we are now. Hopefully the moves we make this offseason are homeruns and there is no drop off. We have the talent on the field to win a championship.

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it is official. They are letting him coach the last game and after the game Harbaugh will have a press conference on Monday. Its been all over the news already. I hear what u are saying meaning he is still the coach but overall he is gone.

Actually, its not.
If you had said, "its practically official" then that would have been fine. And isnt this the same media that you have been saying all year, that they are just making things up. That everything is fine.
Now you are taking a report that is saying Harbaugh will be fired shortly after the last game as if it is a stone cold fact. This report could be pure speculation and we might still hold on to Harbaugh either to stay or to trade him. Harbaughs Future is still up in the air.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, its not.
If you had said, "its practically official" then that would have been fine. And isnt this the same media that you have been saying all year, that they are just making things up. That everything is fine.
Now you are taking a report that is saying Harbaugh will be fired shortly after the last game as if it is a stone cold fact. This report could be pure speculation and we might still hold on to Harbaugh either to stay or to trade him. Harbaughs Future is still up in the air.

Nope because York has come out and somewhat said Monday is dooms day.

U can think its up in the air but I don't. He will not be our coach. Where he goes who cares except for I wish him luck and thank you for 3 straight NFC championship games and a superbowl. After looking for a good coach for what 10+ years we finally found one and now we are letting him go. Grass isn't always greener on the other side. I hope we hit another homerun with our Next Head coach.

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it to late to start a kickstarter fund to keep him? :hope:
Wonder how that story would go lol
"49er fans raise 10m within 24 hours to keep coach."
Would be a very awkward situation for sure.

Sad for once in over 10 years I can honestly say I'm not looking forward to next year. I just can't see us being better right now. I think 8-8 or 7-9 is possible again, but unlike this year where we earned that through injuries and under performing we likely earn it next year because it's who we are now. Hopefully the moves we make this offseason are homeruns and there is no drop off. We have the talent on the field to win a championship.
As long as we get a Quality OC and start making contingency plans at QB then we should be fine. Too much talent on this roster for a coach to come in and muck it up. Im hoping we promote Fangio to Head Coach and get an OC that is basically the head coach of the offense. We dont need another Singletery dictating how we play offense again. That was a complete disaster and a mistake I dont think the front office will make again.

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope because York has come out and somewhat said Monday is dooms day.

U can think its up in the air but I don't. He will not be our coach. Where he goes who cares except for I wish him luck and thank you for 3 straight NFC championship games and a superbowl. After looking for a good coach for what 10+ years we finally found one and now we are letting him go. Grass isn't always greener on the other side. I hope we hit another homerun with our Next Head coach.

Well, at least you used the term "somewhat".

I dont think its up in the air, that is not the point I am making. The point I am making is that you made it seem like he had already been fired, like today and he hasnt.
Harbaugh being fired today is WAY different then Harbaugh being fired after the season is over. News of him being fired today is a bit of a shock and it sent me to ESPN looking for news of Harbaugh being fired for no reason. That shit is irritating and its the reason people are constantly asking you to post links.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as we get a Quality OC and start making contingency plans at QB then we should be fine. Too much talent on this roster for a coach to come in and muck it up. Im hoping we promote Fangio to Head Coach and get an OC that is basically the head coach of the offense. We dont need another Singletery dictating how we play offense again. That was a complete disaster and a mistake I dont think the front office will make again.

I agree with this. The strength of this team this year has been its defense (despite all the injuries), and the offense struggled. harbaugh as an offensive coach doesn't affect the defense so the key is keeping the defensive coaching staff intact. The key will be who becomes in charge of the offense next year and HC.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Official" means "official". Not "Presumed" or "Reported" or "a foregone conclusion".

"Official" means "Official".

This reminds me of the TRUENINER threads where he could never tell the difference between "evidence" and "proof"...

"The ref made a questionable call against the Niners! There is PROOF that the Refs are against us!" No, it was EVIDENCE that the Refs were against us, not PROOF.

I expect Harbaugh to be let go, just as you do. But it will not be official until there is a press conference and Balke/York announce whatever move was made (quit; fired; traded; bought out; whatever).

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this. The strength of this team this year has been its defense (despite all the injuries), and the offense struggled. harbaugh as an offensive coach doesn't affect the defense so the key is keeping the defensive coaching staff intact. The key will be who becomes in charge of the offense next year and HC.

Yes, I am hoping for the reverse Harbaugh, If that makes any sense.
Under Harbaugh I got the feeling that the Defense operated independently from Harbaugh. Harbaugh gave pretty much complete control to his Defensive coaching staff to come up with their defensive game plan and left it up to them to execute it. Im sure Harbaugh knew what was happening on Defense but didnt get in the way with what they had planned on a week to week basis.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh man don't mention Singletery. I actually forgot about him. That was some painful years.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't know Harbaugh worked for ESPN.

If the 49ers make an announcment, THEN, and only then, is it "official".

I agree but its somewhat official. When the owner says 24-48hrs after the game is the day then you know its official. Some of your guys are drama queens. Read between the lines. Coach Harbaugh wont be the coach next year so yes its Official. Trust me I wish it wasn't true because I like him as a coach but the Harbaugh Era is over. Its time to think about the future and who the 49ers will bring in.

I like the Idea of Fangio as the HC(Players respect the hell out of him) and Hire a big time OC.

PaythePiper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't believe egos are preventing this team from continuing on and being contenders every year. minus Roman, i wish everything would stay in tact. There's no way Kap actually gets better with a new regime. Alex smith all over again