• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thank You Harbaugh

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 23,785.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope they get a good replacement and don't go back to being the 2003-2008 49ers

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Harbaugh stays or if he goes (hopefully to Michigan), I wish him well (unless he goes to the Raiders). Very good years at my second favorite NFL team (Lions are my first ... don't laugh)

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't believe egos are preventing this team from continuing on and being contenders every year. minus Roman, i wish everything would stay in tact. There's no way Kap actually gets better with a new regime. Alex smith all over again

Not necessarily. The key here is to hire a really good OC and QB coach. The thing about Alex, while the OC changes hurt, what was really bad was the team hired really shitty OCs. Hostler was way over his head and Jimmy Raye was awful.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Can't believe egos are preventing this team from continuing on and being contenders every year. minus Roman, i wish everything would stay in tact. There's no way Kap actually gets better with a new regime. Alex smith all over again

maybe it IS time for a change?

Maybe it is time to start another window, as this offensive scheme has run its course?

Maybe it is time they start planning for the next QB? For me I really hope so.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can pretty much absolutely guarantee or not if things change that Harbs might or might not be the HC for the 9ers next season. :nod:

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can pretty much absolutely guarantee or not if things change that Harbs might or might not be the HC for the 9ers next season. :nod:

Thanks for clearing that up for us!

Thread Saved!

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it to late to start a kickstarter fund to keep him? :hope:
Wonder how that story would go lol
"49er fans raise 10m within 24 hours to keep coach."
Would be a very awkward situation for sure.

"9.9M comes from greater Seattle area."

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quinn name is now popping up for the HC position for the 49ers.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If the OP were this clear, there would have been no problems.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 506.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, its not.
If you had said, "its practically official" then that would have been fine. And isnt this the same media that you have been saying all year, that they are just making things up. That everything is fine.
Now you are taking a report that is saying Harbaugh will be fired shortly after the last game as if it is a stone cold fact. This report could be pure speculation and we might still hold on to Harbaugh either to stay or to trade him. Harbaughs Future is still up in the air.

Purguy, you gave Angry a neg for this post?
He was totally right and you wrong on the wrong side Bub.
Better give me a neg too.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Purguy, you gave Angry a neg for this post?
He was totally right and you wrong on the wrong side Bub.
Better give me a neg too.

It was common sense that is why I gave a neg. Harbaugh is gone. I agree with him that he isn't fired right now but overall he is done as the coach. They are letting him coach the last game. I also gave him Neg because it wasn't the media that said it, it was York. So yes he gets a Neg. I also give him positives.

Number7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he is gone (which I'm pretty sure he is) he is a great coach and will probably succeed wherever he goes. It's kind of bizarre that he is being let go after all his success. I know it's been said to death but is it only the fans that remember the years before Harbaugh? I get that it goes deeper than that and the FO have giants egos and Harbaugh does as well, but it just seems silly.

I won't be too negative, but without Harbaugh I find it hard to believe we compete next season. I have a feeling the FO wants to blow this team up and gut it. Gore/Crab will be gone, I'm guessing they spend a high draft pick on a WR and hope for the best with Hyde?

I just don't see how a new coach can come into this situation and be successful (at least right away). And I'm not saying the Niners don't have talents, I think they have a lot. BUT, this isn't the 2011 NFC West that Harbaugh walked in to. This is a scary NFC West with Seattle (best team in the league imo), Arizona (somehow really good with an insane amount of injuries) and St. Louis (who always seems to make us look like the worst team ever at least once a season). Those three teams have a lot of pieces in place and wont' change much next year. Good luck to the incoming coach taking over this mess.

But back to Harbaugh, he was a great coach for us. For a while I thought he was going to be our coach for a decade plus, but I guess it was never working with him and York/Balke. Good luck to him, I always found him hilarious to watch. Passion seems unmatched by a lot of coaches in the league.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree but its somewhat official. When the owner says 24-48hrs after the game is the day then you know its official. Some of your guys are drama queens. Read between the lines. Coach Harbaugh wont be the coach next year so yes its Official. Trust me I wish it wasn't true because I like him as a coach but the Harbaugh Era is over. Its time to think about the future and who the 49ers will bring in.

I like the Idea of Fangio as the HC(Players respect the hell out of him) and Hire a big time OC.

Not gonna hire a defensive guy when the offense is struggling, rumor has it that Adam Gase and Joshy Mac as early candidates. Besides, Fangio was with Harbs at Stanford, my guess is that he goes with Johnny wherever he goes.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree 100% on the Kap not getting better. Can't continually tell ourselves, "Let's wait one more year, he'll get there." No he won't. He's at his best when he's using his legs and they've taken that away. Plus, that only gets a team so far, at some point, a QB needs to learn to read a defense and throw the ball.

Natural talent will only take you so far.

Don't necessarily want Harbaugh OUT. But I think with things the way they are, maybe it's time to cut ties. I have no real source, but I've "heard" Jim's ego was REALLY getting in the way of things in the clubhouse. I don't know that for sure, just heard it, FWIW.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/B]

Not gonna hire a defensive guy when the offense is struggling, rumor has it that Adam Gase and Joshy Mac as early candidates. Besides, Fangio was with Harbs at Stanford, my guess is that he goes with Johnny wherever he goes.

Not necessarily true. Can hire a defensive guy and good OC. If Fangio is under contract, the 49ers might deny him permission to interview for other DC positions.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree 100% on the Kap not getting better. Can't continually tell ourselves, "Let's wait one more year, he'll get there." No he won't. He's at his best when he's using his legs and they've taken that away. Plus, that only gets a team so far, at some point, a QB needs to learn to read a defense and throw the ball.

Natural talent will only take you so far.

Don't necessarily want Harbaugh OUT. But I think with things the way they are, maybe it's time to cut ties. I have no real source, but I've "heard" Jim's ego was REALLY getting in the way of things in the clubhouse. I don't know that for sure, just heard it, FWIW.

People haven't taken his legs away. For some reason, he has chosen not to use them up until recently. While Kaepernick has struggled this year, it isn't just him. The issues are much greater than just him and have affected his play.

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was common sense that is why I gave a neg. Harbaugh is gone. I agree with him that he isn't fired right now but overall he is done as the coach. They are letting him coach the last game. I also gave him Neg because it wasn't the media that said it, it was York. So yes he gets a Neg. I also give him positives.

When and where did Jed York say this? I cant find the article, or the video clip, or the press conference where he says anything about Harbaughs departure. If you cant provide the link where he says this, then I am afraid I will have to give YOU a neg vote.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/B]

:agree: Need to hire an offensive minded head coach. I think most of the assistant coaches are gone. Their loyalty is with Johnny Be Gone.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not necessarily true. Can hire a defensive guy and good OC. If Fangio is under contract, the 49ers might deny him permission to interview for other DC positions.

The Niners might be able to get a draft pick since he is under contract. If Harbaugh takes another NFL coaching position and wants to bring his coaching staff with him, Niners might want draft picks.