• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers vs Houston Astros 9/23-9/25

Senator_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
problem is that:

Rangers outfielder/first baseman Jeff Baker will be limited to DH and pinch-hitting duties against lefties for the rest of the season as he deals with a sports hernia, the Dallas Morning News reports. Baker is not sure whether he will need surgery to correct the injury after the season.

He has to have surgery. Hernias never get better, only worse.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than corner outfielders, the DH has got be priority this offseason, especially if we keep Moreland at 1st.

I think he should sign Cruz as the DH, problem is people might be surprised how much Cruz will be offered.
If he could get that done....do it. It's not like there's ton's of DH options out there, unless I'm missing someone...rather save the trades for the OF

I don't know about MM at first any longer, but I wouldn't put it at the top of the list.
One corner for sure....and a catcher
I'm okay with Rios

If he's dead-set on not trading Profar, than move Kinsler to 1st. Much better option than him learning the OF....and I don't need to hear anymore about "value" Kinsler, unless traded... loses value either way...I'm confident he'll hit better than MM next year.

And if Profar completely tanks in the ditch, you can move Kinsler back to second.

or you go out and get a first, may be easier said than done. Lots of holes, JD will need to be somewhat creative.
and by creative, I mean no more retired, injured DH's....BUST JD.
But forgiven.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than corner outfielders, the DH has got be priority this offseason, especially if we keep Moreland at 1st.

don't see Rios going anywhere so figure RF is covered. Choo is out as an option as Borass has said that they are looking for a $100M deal

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he should sign Cruz as the DH, problem is people might be surprised how much Cruz will be offered.
If he could get that done....do it. It's not like there's ton's of DH options out there, unless I'm missing someone...rather save the trades for the OF

I don't know about MM at first any longer, but I wouldn't put it at the top of the list.
One corner for sure....and a catcher
I'm okay with Rios

If he's dead-set on not trading Profar, than move Kinsler to 1st. Much better option than him learning the OF....and I don't need to hear anymore about "value" Kinsler, unless traded... loses value either way...I'm confident he'll hit better than MM next year.

And if Profar completely tanks in the ditch, you can move Kinsler back to second.

or you go out and get a first, may be easier said than done. Lots of holes, JD will need to be somewhat creative.
and by creative, I mean no more retired, injured DH's....BUST JD.
But forgiven.

i fully expect Profar to be traded in the off-season so Kinsler will be staying at 2nd.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't see Rios going anywhere so figure RF is covered. Choo is out as an option as Borass has said that they are looking for a $100M deal

Borass finally got himself a little burnt last year....I think teams may start to stand up to him

I agree, why not keep Rios in RF.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i fully expect Profar to be traded in the off-season so Kinsler will be staying at 2nd.

Why did he try and move Kinsler last off-season if he ever planned on trading him?
Why did he move him around the infield most of the season (ridiculous) if he planned to trade him? It didn't help his trade value.

I'm not being snarky... honest questions

Why do you expose a prospect like Profar unless you plan to keep him?

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Borass finally got himself a little burnt last year....I think teams may start to stand up to him

Sign Cruz and keep Rios.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

would not be surprised to see the Rangers pursue someone like Granderson to cover LF;

i do expect them to bring Cruz back but see him more as the primary DH and splitting the 4th OF'er time with Gentry.

Sexy

Emotion in Motion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yankees suck. That's it for rooting against the Rays, they're in. Now...go White Sox?

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why did he try and move Kinsler last off-season if he ever planned on trading him?
Why did he move him around the infield most of the season (ridiculous) if he planned to trade him? It didn't help his trade value.

I'm not being snarky... honest questions

Why do you expose a prospect like Profar unless you plan to keep him?

even with all that he is still the top trade prospect on the team and if Harrison isn't available for the start of the season and we don't bring Garza back he would be the best start to a trade package

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
even with all that he is still the top trade prospect on the team and if Harrison isn't available for the start of the season and we don't bring Garza back he would be the best start to a trade package

I'm in agreement, I just never understood the way he handled Profar...everything pointed to no way he was going anywhere.

We'll see I guess

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in agreement, I just never understood the way he handled Profar...everything pointed to no way he was going anywhere.

We'll see

they always seemed reluctant to send him back down to AAA but he had no place here. it was a waste to keep him here with Kinsler, Andrus and Beltre covering 2nd, SS and 3rd

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yankees suck. That's it for rooting against the Rays, they're in. Now...go White Sox?

Rays have 4 left against Toronto?
yikes... but Toronto not a roll over by any means, if memory serves, lol.

yeah....
Go TWINS!

(god help us)

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they always seemed reluctant to send him back down to AAA but he had no place here. it was a waste to keep him here with Kinsler, Andrus and Beltre covering 2nd, SS and 3rd

Agreed again. I might think differently if he wasn't so dang young, but there was no rush without a position for him

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OT: did anyone see McCann refuse to let a player who had just hit a homer touch homeplate.the guy was jawing at the Atlanta pitcher and infielders all the way around the bases.