• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers vs. Houston Astros 8/9-8/12

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BQ4C515CMAIjxxY.jpg

dammittman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have to take any meds, (not yet anyway :D) but I have a theory and am in the business,
never trust a drug that comes right on to the market. They really don't even know how Chantix works for instance, (well they really don't know exactly how most anti-depressants work, or rather what areas in the brain they work on for different people) there are other categories of drugs I work with, that are "miracle drugs" for about 10 minutes....and boom.

life or death, sure. Or if someone is really suffering from resistant/chronic depression sure they should try those types of drugs, they may not have a choice. Or short term anti-depression drugs are okay (post-partum) With 'depression' talk therapy almost has the same success rate, believe it or not. It's just MY opinion they are ridiculously over-prescribed and eventually stop working for a lot of people and there ARE withdrawals regardless of what drug companies really tell you.
My opinion only, just to be clear.

Anyway, good luck, you can do it! Hope you can get off the chantix soon. :)
Well thank you. But just to be clear, I'm a doctor of pharmacy, just can't seem to follow my own advice.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahaha CHANTIX. not chanting. Iwontsmokeiwontsmokeiwontsmoke.

I recommend the e-cigarettes. That is what my brother is doing right now and it has just enough nicotine to keep you going. A ton of my coworkers from my old project were on those as well and they all say how clean it is and so much better it is. I think that would be a good start.

The Commish

Texas Rangers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I recommend the e-cigarettes. That is what my brother is doing right now and it has just enough nicotine to keep you going. A ton of my coworkers from my old project were on those as well and they all say how clean it is and so much better it is. I think that would be a good start.

In my VERY humble opinion, if you use a "crutch" like e-cigs, the patch, etc., then you're not really ready to quit. I went cold turkey 8 days ago. So far, so good...

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my VERY humble opinion, if you use a "crutch" like e-cigs, the patch, etc., then you're not really ready to quit. I went cold turkey 8 days ago. So far, so good...

Oh I don't disagree. If one can quite cold turkey and be successful then that is awesome. My brother did it once and I think was able to hold off for almost a year but then he went back to smoking. I think everybody handles it different and I think cold turkey is probably the hardest.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who the fuck is Pedro Gomez?

He's the ESPN reporter, and kind of "specializes" in Latin American players.

I want to know a lot more about this. But Cruz better be wanting, even begging to come back for the playoffs if we make it! If not....well....more on that after we get more concrete info!

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ill believe it when I see it in print either in an espn article or on the Texas rangers website.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
damn, Bautista gave the Jays a 2-run lead in the 1st but Reddick just homered to tie it in the top of the 2nd