• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers vs. Houston Astros 8/9-8/12

Jbear

Ranger Days Ranger Nights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel real good about the 5 we have BUT Harrison is an important piece even if he does not return this year. Two spine operations and this new issue which is probably just what Romeo says as far as location is rotten news. Back issues tend to multiply once they start.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't get to watch until the 8th inning, but I was sure annoyed keeping up with this one on my phone. Glad they Astros bullpen did what they always do.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talking about rehabs ... Berkman may be off to rehab this weekend. Believe MLB guidance provides 15 days (maybe it is games) for a position player rehab before the club has to take further action ... either activate, release or put the player back on the DL. I don't think TEX will create a situation where Berkman is ready for activation before Sep 1 ... but if they did and the move was to activate him before the end of August.

Whose spot would Berkman take?

I'm confused, are you asking what defensive position he would take?
That would be nobodys position, but I don't think that's your question....:noidea:

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't get to watch until the 8th inning, but I was sure annoyed keeping up with this one on my phone. Glad they Astros bullpen did what they always do.

ya going to catch one of these games? It seems like the Ranger fans are just as loud as the Astros fans at MMP

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ya going to catch one of these games? It seems like the Ranger fans are just as loud as the Astros fans at MMP
I am thinking about it. The tickets aren't cheap. but if I can find decent ones for a reasonable price I might make a trip to the juice box.

dammittman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only post tonight. But here's what I have to say.
1 tough outing for Garza 2 HRs, 3 Dbls, barely got away with it.
2. Way to go Butler, with Rios coming in, there is no way he gets to stay, but we saw good stuff from you tonight.
3. Nice Murphy, that should have been a HR.
4. WTF Scheppers?
5 WTG Rangers, this is the type of game we can't afford to lose.
6. Tomorrow looks promising, Holland against Peacock? Advantage us.
7. Oakland will lose tomorrow, they used up their offensive magic tonight.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel real good about the 5 we have BUT Harrison is an important piece even if he does not return this year. Two spine operations and this new issue which is probably just what Romeo says as far as location is rotten news. Back issues tend to multiply once they start.

That's right, think about your ordinary person who has to have sugery to remove disc pressure, then think about an MLB SP
It's scary, but I don't want to be a downer, we'll see.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Astros had a 4-2 lead after 6 innings and ended up losing 9-5. How familiar is that feeling? I sure as hell do not miss the 2000s....We lost a hell of a lot of games that way.

dammittman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talking about rehabs ... Berkman may be off to rehab this weekend. Believe MLB guidance provides 15 days (maybe it is games) for a position player rehab before the club has to take further action ... either activate, release or put the player back on the DL. I don't think TEX will create a situation where Berkman is ready for activation before Sep 1 ... but if they did and the move was to activate him before the end of August.

Whose spot would Berkman take?

With rios coming in, Butler is gone. I guess that leaves Profar. I'd rather have them platoon the DH.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Astros had a 4-2 lead after 6 innings and ended up losing 9-5. How familiar is that feeling? I sure as hell do not miss the 2000s....We lost a hell of a lot of games that way.

That's a big part of how Oakland won all those games early this season.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Maybe baker?

Really isn't that hard at this point ... if Berkman were to come back before the end of August the only guy TEX can really move off the roster is E.Beltre. Baker despite recent struggle due to limited ABs is the backup 1b ... not Berkman. Profar has to stay up since he effectively is the UIF.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have to take advantage of games against AAA Houston. Oakland beats their brains out every time

dammittman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really isn't that hard at this point ... if Berkman were to come back before the end of August the only guy TEX can really move off the roster is E.Beltre. Baker despite recent struggle due to limited ABs is the backup 1b ... not Berkman. Profar has to stay up since he effectively is the UIF.

I think baker or Profar could be a reasonable utility guy, that said, I hope Berkman Retires.

dammittman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason I suggest Baker, is to keep Profar up. But I believe we are better with those to guys as opposed to replacing one with Berkman.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wow, what happens to Engel then...we can't send him back down, is that right?

How do we get rid of Berkman? do we think he's really going to come back mashing....no way
Seriously would rather keep Engel

I know, we have Rios now....but still