• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers vs. Houston Astros 8/9-8/12

dammittman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a side note, I just switched to vapor smokes, I like it. Any one else?

dammittman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather have E. Beltre than Berkman, but you have to have ALL ou outfielders, even the much lamented Murphy. Any player you take down would have to open the DH SPOT FOR Berkman.

dammittman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I'm trying, gave up smoking with chanting for about 8 months. Then had some stressfull times and started up again. Chanting has some pretty undesirable side effects. So I thought I'd try this.

dammittman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahaha CHANTIX. not chanting. Iwontsmokeiwontsmokeiwontsmoke.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1nw.gif

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wow, what happens to Engel then...we can't send him back down, is that right?

How do we get rid of Berkman? do we think he's really going to come back mashing....no way
Seriously would rather keep Engel

I know, we have Rios now....but still

This is his last option year so he can be optioned back to AAA since he's the #5 OF ... but the 5th OF just like having Profar being the UIF and part of the DH rotation allows TEX to have coverage to permit any DH and still be able to make pinch running or late defensive moves.

If Berkman returns before the end of August it restricts what TEX can do on the field considerably. It would also in my opinion would keep E.Beltre from being post season eligible. Berkman already would be post season eligible if he isn't activated off the DL until after 1 Sep ... so there really is no advantage bringing him back before that.

TEX would not want to release Berkman either before the end of the month because someone could claim him and he could end up being post season eligible for someone else.

I brought this up because I was surprised that he was going out on a rehab assignment this weekend. I thought the rule was 15 days for position players ... looked it up and I was wrong ... rehab length for position players is 30 days. So ... it makes sense that Berkman would go on a rehab assignment on 10 or 11 August ... because that means he can play out the full rehab and be activated after 1 Sep and be playoff eligible ... and also not eligible to be released and scarfed up by someone else.

WTXRangerFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only post tonight. But here's what I have to say.
1 tough outing for Garza 2 HRs, 3 Dbls, barely got away with it.
2. Way to go Butler, with Rios coming in, there is no way he gets to stay, but we saw good stuff from you tonight.
3. Nice Murphy, that should have been a HR.
4. WTF Scheppers?
5 WTG Rangers, this is the type of game we can't afford to lose.
6. Tomorrow looks promising, Holland against Peacock? Advantage us.
7. Oakland will lose tomorrow, they used up their offensive magic tonight.

Agreed nice win against a scrappy team. We're really developing grit. A's will be cursing that turf & Jays have some great hitters. Had to watch on MLB animation with its radio from the Davis Mountains.Loved Profar's go ahead walk. He's an old soul in a young body. Murph doing better with no pressure. His missing hitting has been totally mental. :loco2:

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I use the insert image button. Have you tried it?

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cannot let tomorrow be a let down. On paper the Rangers should blow the doors off Houston, but it doesn't always happen that way.

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahaha CHANTIX. not chanting. Iwontsmokeiwontsmokeiwontsmoke.

I don't have to take any meds, (not yet anyway :D) but I have a theory and am in the business,
never trust a drug that comes right on to the market. They really don't even know how Chantix works for instance, (well they really don't know exactly how most anti-depressants work, or rather what areas in the brain they work on for different people) there are other categories of drugs I work with, that are "miracle drugs" for about 10 minutes....and boom.

life or death, sure. Or if someone is really suffering from resistant/chronic depression sure they should try those types of drugs, they may not have a choice. Or short term anti-depression drugs are okay (post-partum) With 'depression' talk therapy almost has the same success rate, believe it or not. It's just MY opinion they are ridiculously over-prescribed and eventually stop working for a lot of people and there ARE withdrawals regardless of what drug companies really tell you.
My opinion only, just to be clear.

Anyway, good luck, you can do it! Hope you can get off the chantix soon. :)