• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers Spring Training 2020

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FG gives very little chance for our Little Rangers

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FG gives very little chance for our Little Rangers
I hope there is very little chance of this format actually seeing the light of day.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope there is very little chance of this format actually seeing the light of day.

Well I just hope we see baseball although many will not consider it legit, fans or no fans in attendance.

Big drawback to me would be late games in AZ.

I think there is a bit of posturing from MLB about things needing to be 100% safe. We will never have that and although I am social distancing, business will open sooner than we think IMO

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ca.and NY governors saying large groups such as sports and concerts will not be allowed for one more year. Will be interesting to see how all this plays out. We may not see a ball game for a long time. :crazy::noidea:

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ca.and NY governors saying large groups such as sports and concerts will not be allowed for one more year. Will be interesting to see how all this plays out. We may not see a ball game for a long time. :crazy::noidea:
Their teams will have to temporarily relocate.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It will be a very odd draft, but hopefully not this odd.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their teams will have to temporarily relocate.
I do not think it will be that simple. Can easily see Rangers NY Astros Cleveland Detroit etc in the same category. That will require massive re-scheduling which I believe will lead to many more complications.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not think it will be that simple. Can easily see Rangers NY Astros Cleveland Detroit etc in the same category. That will require massive re-scheduling which I believe will lead to many more complications.
They have already discussed playing in Florida and Arizona so the NY and Cali teams can play in one of those states. I don't think very many other teams would need to relocate if they could play in empty big league parks for the first part of the season. Just wishful thinking at this point.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have already discussed playing in Florida and Arizona so the NY and Cali teams can play in one of those states. I don't think very many other teams would need to relocate if they could play in empty big league parks for the first part of the season. Just wishful thinking at this point.
It depends on what the virus does. Any state could easily make the same decision depending how bad the situation becomes. Let's hope that doesn't happen.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as I am concerned if we cannot play ball in the stadiums we should be playing them I really do not care about their being a season. That is hard for me to say as a devout baseball fan but I don't want to put together some nonsense.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as I am concerned if we cannot play ball in the stadiums we should be playing them I really do not care about their being a season. That is hard for me to say as a devout baseball fan but I don't want to put together some nonsense.
Feeling pretty much the same.. Take care friend.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

team wasn’t going to be good this year anyway.

no skin off my back.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the NFL teams in NY and California will have to play outside of their states as well. The politicians in those states will drag this out for most of this year if not all of it. So, I am thinking either way baseball decides, baseball won't be played in NY or California.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am ready for baseball to return as well as a lot of other things. Although, I am not a fan of the idea of playing regular season games in empty spring training facilities in Arizona.

I would just as soon see them return to ST sometime in mid May and then starting the regular season in June, in big league ballparks. If they aren't ready for fans until late June that is fine. They can play 2 or 3 weeks without fans if need be.

It doesn't matter to me as I'd be watching the games on my TV anyway, pandemic or not, I think people need the sports as a distraction, location doesn't really matter at this point provided that its a good field with facilities for the players

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't matter to me as I'd be watching the games on my TV anyway, pandemic or not, I think people need the sports as a distraction, location doesn't really matter at this point provided that its a good field with facilities for the players

Personally I agree but there are so many moving parts it may prove difficult to decide.

Different states different restrictions as mentioned
Pay for players if shortened.
Players with families if relocated.
Revenue issues for owners
Fans or no fans
TV contracts still in effect and for how much.
Insurance/legal issues if player gets virus.
More tweaks to service time if something changes

Plus the obvious- testing for all in stadium.

So many parties and so little time to make a decision