• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers Spring Training 2020

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After trading DDJ, who would be the next option? Gallo? Santana is really the only option

I don’t get the Santana hate from the fans on LSB. It’s almost like they’re worried he’s going to take playing time away from Odor or Guzman.

big freaking deal. Odor and condor don’t deserve to play every day.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is not completely accurate. There was zero hindsight for me and I had no doubt Cruz would continue to produce
Six or seven years down the road we will hear that no one could have expected Rendon to do so well, and the fact that we never offered him a seven year deal will be denied. Well, that will happen if JD is still here.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be so nice when opening day arrives. We can talk and discuss current baseball instead of wasting energy on past history that no two remember the same. LOL

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be so nice when opening day arrives. We can talk and discuss current baseball instead of wasting energy on past history that no two remember the same. LOL
Lol. Then, we can talk about current baseball decisions that people disagree about.

The funny thing is, I brought up Cruz to discuss if we might want to pursue him in the future, but no one wanted to discuss that. They all wanted to look back.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Six or seven years down the road we will hear that no one could have expected Rendon to do so well, and the fact that we never offered him a seven year deal will be denied. Well, that will happen if JD is still here.

Cruz had problems (health, defense, PEDs, regression due to age or not being on PEDS, the nature of the QO, etc...)that were talked about in length at the time, with Rendon it was pointing out things that could be problematic but no were near the source of debate Cruz was

This is an apples and oranges comparison to me

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. Then, we can talk about current baseball decisions that people disagree about.

The funny thing is, I brought up Cruz to discuss if we might want to pursue him in the future, but no one wanted to discuss that. They all wanted to look back.
Looking back at this point is a waste of energy. Time to move on and get going. However, discussing bringing Cruz back is a reasonable consideration but I have no interest. It's a young team building.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cruz had problems (health, defense, PEDs, regression due to age or not being on PEDS, the nature of the QO, etc...)that were talked about in length at the time, with Rendon it was pointing out things that could be problematic but no were near the source of debate Cruz was

It is not the reasons for someone's doubts or lack thereof that I was comparing. It was the fact that some will claim that no one on the board wanted the Rangers to go after a certain player. The labeling of hindsight anytime someone says years later that they wanted the Rangers to sign a player is what I was referring to. You are correct about what you mentioned being apples and oranges. That aspect was not what I was addressing though.

Rendon to me is closer to what seems like a sure thing than Cruz was. That was reflected in how much each signed for. That doesn't negate someone wanting to sign the lesser player and thinking the Rangers messed up in not doing so.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking back at this point is a waste of energy. Time to move on and get going. However, discussing bringing Cruz back is a reasonable consideration but I have no interest. It's a young team building.
I agree. That is why I made the comment to Kelly that we should just think back on those previous discussions and put some dittos after them in our mind and move on. Folks were determined to make sure that didn"t happen though.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is not the reasons for someone's doubts or lack thereof that I was comparing. It was the fact that some will claim that no one on the board wanted the Rangers to go after a certain player. The labeling of hindsight anytime someone says years later that they wanted the Rangers to sign a player is what I was referring to. You are correct about what you mentioned being apples and oranges. That aspect was not what I was addressing though.

Rendon to me is closer to what seems like a sure thing than Cruz was. That was reflected in how much each signed for. That doesn't negate someone wanting to sign the lesser player and thinking the Rangers messed up in not doing so.

I thought the Rangers screwed up not bringing back Cruz, but I also believe his career took a very unique, even unheard of, trajectory after he left here

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rendon and Cruz are definitely apples and oranges. Rendon is a fine player but I feel it would have been a huge mistake to pay him what the Angels did.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Terrific thought, but I doubt it. This was one of the most eventful offseasons in history, but you wouldn't know that from this board.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rendon and Cruz are definitely apples and oranges. Rendon is a fine player but I feel it would have been a huge mistake to pay him what the Angels did.

The recent escalation of salaries makes it harder and harder to figure out what is an overpay

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the Rangers screwed up not bringing back Cruz, but I also believe his career took a very unique, even unheard of, trajectory after he left here
They may be, but at least as far as I am concerned, I wanted him signed based on how he had played and how I expected him too. I expected less from him than the level he has produced at, but I still wanted us to sign him. All of that is not what I had in mind when I made the comment about the claims of hindsight though. There are folks who will defend every non-signing and then use that false hindsight argument against anyone who later says they wish we had signed him. It is ridiculous.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both Hernandez and Minor had really good results today.

I wonder if they are set on Hernandez being in the bullpen to start the year. It might be a good idea to see how he does starting at AAA.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minor open to contract extension with Rangers

"It becomes a big evaluation, a big spotlight on you to pitch well because of the extension. I’d rather be about wins and getting the team to the playoffs and not worrying about all that.”

We saw a little bit of how he performs under the spotlight last summer.