• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers 2022 - 2023 Offseason Thread

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now sign Senga and 2 good relievers and call it an offseason.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lol. Looks like I hit a nerve with Evan, since he just happens to be the President of the local JD Fan Club.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now to get some great pitching coaches all through the system.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lol. Looks like I hit a nerve with Evan, since he just happens to be the President of the local JD Fan Club.
Has there ever been a more embarrassing “journalist” in the history of DFW sports than Evan Grant? If he’s not the worst, he’s definitely on the Mount Rushmore of local shame. The only thing more cringe-inducing about him than his Mike Young for MVP vote and his constant immature feuding with fans online is his status as JD’s permanent fanboy lapdog.

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has there ever been a more embarrassing “journalist” in the history of DFW sports than Evan Grant? If he’s not the worst, he’s definitely on the Mount Rushmore of local shame. The only thing more cringe-inducing about him than his Mike Young for MVP vote and his constant immature feuding with fans online is his status as JD’s permanent fanboy lapdog.

Agreed..

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While other players will also benefit from the shift ban, Seager stands to benefit the most.
Here’s a good read.
Looking forward to seeing him with a higher BA

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m getting more and more of an inclination they’re trying to land 2 of these 4.
DeGrom, Rodon, Senga and Bassitt.
Or maybe 1 of those and a trade for a legit SP

Imo there’s no way Bochy and Maddux come here without some assurance the Rangers are going to be super competitive and active this off-season
I think this is spot-on. I’m not saying the “win it all in 2023” plan is one I would push for if I owned the team, just because as you all have correctly stated, the Rangers are still multiple pieces away from contending.

But since it appears ownership is pushing for at least the playoffs this year, I think they absolutely ARE going all-in, and it wouldn’t surprise me one bit to see them sign both deGrom AND Rodon.

I mean, I love the Rangers and they will always be my team no matter what. But reality says they’re not exactly the most attractive destination for a coach or executive to go (not the worst either). However, they are convincing all-star coaches and executives to come out of semi-retirement right and left here. Bochy said he was done unless he found the exact right situation… that’s the rebuilding Texas Rangers? Maddux told the Cardinals he wanted to take time away from the game to spend time with family. And then he meets with the Rangers and signs on the dotted line? And Dayton Moore certainly doesn’t need a glorified title and role with a rebuilding franchise. He has the money and skins on the wall already.

Yet Ray Davis and Chris Young convinced all 3 to climb on board. I very, very strongly suspect they were given guarantees that the Rangers would be signing and/or trading for a bunch of big names this off-season and trying for a World Series as early as this year. Just has that feel of an all-in push by an owner who is finally sick of losing.

armadillooutlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Maddux's return, I expect we'll see guys like Dunning and Otto (either as starters or relievers), and a couple BP guys make some significant improvements.
Can't help but think back to Maddux's last year here, when the pitching wildly over performed with guys like Nick Martinez, Chi Chi Gonzales, Yovani Gallardo starting a bunch of games.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scott hasn't been on here since Oct. 5.