• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers 2022 - 2023 Offseason Thread

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little slow in Ranger news. Wondering if a hire is waiting on guys maybe still in the WS hunt and also on look out for Perez signing news

Wonder what is going on in AZ league or is that done for now. Seem like it goes longer
They are not nearly as active there as they were last year. Zavala hardly ever plays. I think Duran played almost every day last year.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rocker pitches again today.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

True Rangers Fan

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little slow in Ranger news. Wondering if a hire is waiting on guys maybe still in the WS hunt and also on look out for Perez signing news

Wonder what is going on in AZ league or is that done for now. Seem like it goes longer

Most likely has nothing to do with teams still playing. Tradition has always been that announcements aren't made until after the season is over.

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
15-19 more days and things will start to get more exciting lol

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most likely has nothing to do with teams still playing. Tradition has always been that announcements aren't made until after the season is over.
Good thought. Yes there may be some things repressed

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
15-19 more days and things will start to get more exciting lol
You know, you never commented on my Alcantara trade proposal from a few days ago.

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lowe,
Heim or Taveras
Acuna
Bratt
Acker or Teodo
Kelly

for:

Alcantara
Floro
Pop

What needs to be adjusted to make it work? Does Foscue need to be part of our package?

I would think Lowe, Foscue, Acuna, Huff and Winn. Plus we take on Avisail Garcia

I would be ok with it too, if we signed Abreu for 1B or acquired another good 1B

Last edited:

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, you never commented on my Alcantara trade proposal from a few days ago.

Shoot, I never saw it lol
Just went back and looked

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would think Lowe, Foscue, Acuna, Huff and Winn. Plus we take on Avisail Garcia
I would think this would be exactly the wrong time to try and trade Winn.

Did you replace Huff for Heim or Leody because you thought the Marlins would rather have him or because you would rather give him up than Heim or Leody?

Do you see Winn as being worth more or less than Kelly, Bratt and Acker combined?

At this point I would rather throw in some cash than take Garcia back. If we had to take him, I would want them to pay part of his salary and then I would release him.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did you replace Huff for Heim or Leody because you thought the Marlins would rather have him or because you would rather give him up than Heim or Leody?

Do you see Winn as being worth more or less than Kelly, Bratt and Acker combined?

At this point I would rather throw in some cash than take Garcia back. If we had to take him, I would want them to pay part of his salary and then I would release him.
I agree re Winn. He can easily have a bounce back year.
As a general rule I woke try to hold on to as many of prospects as possible or move MIF prospects for pitching prospects if the deal is right

Just for clarification I don’t mind getting Kershaw but I don’t want him to be the next focus after Perez signing

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I nixed Heim because I feel he’s our everyday catcher next year unless we sign Contreras? I’ve thought about that lol.
also I think the Marlins are content with Stallings and Nick Fortes, which would allow them to deploy Huff at DH/1B and potentially move him to C later on down the road if their current squad doesn’t pan out. This would also let them move Garret Cooper to 1B/RF

Jesus Sanchez is a pretty decent CF option to go along with De La Cruz. Don’t think they need Taveras.

What they do need is some thump to that line up.. only 1 player hit 15 HRs and he’s not with them anymore, Jesus Aguilar.

If Huff was allowed to play 150 games he could most likely hit 30 HRs.

I think Winn is still very valuable and probably worth a little less than all 3 of those combined but would imagine they wouldn’t want so many players due to roster constraints. I’d give Winn an 85 grade. Bratt 80, Kelly 70 and Acker 70. But I feel most minor league teams have a lot of Kelly’s & Ackers.

Definitely don’t think we should sell low on Winn, I think he would be a sacrificial piece in this theorized trade scenario

Maybe they could take Brad Miller and then pay $5 mil a year in 2024&25.
We could throw Avisail out there for one year and see what he’s got, he might bounce back.

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Rangers did sign Perez, Kershaw and DeGrom that would leave LF and Bullpen open for trades.

Bryan Reynolds and David Bednar would be nice.
Wonder what the Pirates would want for those 2

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel most minor league teams have a lot of Kelly’s & Ackers.
I know our system is supposed to be better than theirs and Kelly is our #13. Winn is #10, Bratt is our #17 and Acker is #34.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I nixed Heim because I feel he’s our everyday catcher next year unless we sign Contreras? I’ve thought about that lol.
also I think the Marlins are content with Stallings and Nick Fortes, which would allow them to deploy Huff at DH/1B and potentially move him to C later on down the road if their current squad doesn’t pan out. This would also let them move Garret Cooper to 1B/RF

Jesus Sanchez is a pretty decent CF option to go along with De La Cruz. Don’t think they need Taveras.

What they do need is some thump to that line up.. only 1 player hit 15 HRs and he’s not with them anymore, Jesus Aguilar.

If Huff was allowed to play 150 games he could most likely hit 30 HRs.

I think Winn is still very valuable and probably worth a little less than all 3 of those combined but would imagine they wouldn’t want so many players due to roster constraints. I’d give Winn an 85 grade. Bratt 80, Kelly 70 and Acker 70. But I feel most minor league teams have a lot of Kelly’s & Ackers.

Definitely don’t think we should sell low on Winn, I think he would be a sacrificial piece in this theorized trade scenario

Maybe they could take Brad Miller and then pay $5 mil a year in 2024&25.
We could throw Avisail out there for one year and see what he’s got, he might bounce back.
I will be glad to take 25 HR from Huff playing C and some DH for us.

Reactions: DTC

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will be glad to take 25 HR from Huff playing C and some DH for us.

I would too! But we will have to give up good players to a great one

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another route the Rangers could take would be to get the best players they can on the FA market on 1-2 year deals.. kind of hold overs for the talent we have coming up.

Resign Perez 3/$45

Maybe they snag Wil Myers on a 1 year deal to play LF.. he could also play 3B or 1B or RF in the event of an injury.. could allow him an opportunity to put up some numbers and get a better contract next off season. He’s generally 10% better than average which would be a nice upgrade for us in LF.

Sign Syndergaard 2/$24
Sign Kershaw. 2/$40

Trade for 2 great bullpen arms. Like David Bednar of the Pirates and Scott Barlow of the Royals.

That would be a good off-season in my opinion and allow the prospects that are on the cusp to come up when it’s their time.

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C-Heim/Huff/Garver
1B-Lowe
2B-Semien
3B-Jung
SS-Seager
LF-Myers
CF-Taveras/Thompson
RF-Adolis
DH-Garver/Huff
Bench
Huff, Mathias, Thompson, Smith

This lineup would be subtracting about 1200 AB from guys like Miller, W Calhoun, K Calhoun, Ibanez, Culberson and a few others..way to many players shuffled through last year..

1.Perez
2.Kershaw
3.Syndergaard
4.Gray
5.Dunning
Back up SP- Otto, Cody, Kent, Winn, White

Closer-Bednar
Burke
Scott Barlow
Joe Barlow
B Martin
J Hernandez
Leclerc
Hearn

Duran, Ragans, Roby, Vanasco, Ornellas, and Sagesse would be guys I would use as trade to acquire the bullpen pieces

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Reactions: DTC