• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers 2021 Spring Training

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If a good hitter has no protection in the lineup they see less good pitches. Not saying Davis is solution but Gallo has had no advantage in this area. He chased early in career but look at his walks now.
Bet there is a stat for pitches seen in the zone and he does not get his fair share
He probably won't get that advantage until we sign a FA like Story. Davis is probably the last person for that job at this point.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guzman would be my 1B for 2021. They can start Lowe out at DH or send him to the minors. I would have Lowe work at 3B in the minors so he can replace Odor. After that, If Lowe hits in the majors, he can be traded. That is, if Guzman proves he is the next late blooming Nelson Cruz type.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jamey Newberg had an article that was published a couple of days ago where he went into great detail, a little on the verbose side to say the least, about how the Rangers could build a contender for 2023. It basically included keeping guys like Gallo, Calhoun, Lowe, Taveras, and Solak while adding Trevor Story and Marcus Stroman as free agents and trading for Ketel Marte to use in the OF.

The rotation consisted of Stroman, Alihara, Dunning, Cody and Winn and the bullpen was mostly homegrown guys. He mentioned the possibility of trading for Tyler Glasnow just before the July, 2023 deadline.

I am underwhelmed when it comes to the additions of Stroman, Glasnow and Marte. I think we can aim higher than that.

Last edited:

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I finally found a couple of recent mock drafts and both have Rocker going first and Leiter going second to the Rangers. That was the way most mocks had things last summer. Then Leiter dropped back a few slots. Now it is back to the way it was, with a possibility of Leiter moving past Rocker.

In looking at some players those new mocks had going late in the first round or as compensatory picks after the first round, there are three names that stand out that I would like to see slide to the Rangers. All are HS players though. There is an OF named Ben Montgomery and two pitchers named Josh Hartle and Andrew Painter. Some mocks have had Montgomery and Painter going much earlier though.

We should be able to get a very good prospect with that second pick though.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I finally found a couple of recent mock drafts and both have Rocker going first and Leiter going second to the Rangers. That was the way most mocks had things last summer. Then Leiter dropped back a few slots. Now it is back to the way it was, with a possibility of Leiter moving past Rocker.

In looking at some players those new mocks had going late in the first round or as compensatory picks after the first round, there are three names that stand out that I would like to see slide to the Rangers. All are HS players though. There is an OF named Ben Montgomery and two pitchers named Josh Hartle and Andrew Painter. Some mocks have had Montgomery and Painter going much earlier though.

We should be able to get a very good prospect with that second pick though.

im worried about Kip Fagg making the call tho.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eli White played at 1B today. I think they are preparing for him to be Guzman's backup when they send Lowe to AAA.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess it is time to let Demarcus Evans and Alex Speas show what they can do at the big league level. Maybe Joe Barlow as well.

No Hernandez, LeClerc, Rodriguez or Martin to start the season.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess it is time to let Demarcus Evans and Alex Speas show what they can do at the big league level. Maybe Joe Barlow as well.

No Hernandez, LeClerc, Rodriguez or Martin to start the season.
I think Ian Kennedy will be in the pen on opening day

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jamey Newberg had an article that was published a couple of days ago where he went into great detail, a little on the verbose side to say the least, about how the Rangers could build a contender for 2023. It basically included keeping guys like Gallo, Calhoun, Lowe, Taveras, and Solak while adding Trevor Story and Marcus Stroman as free agents and trading for Ketel Marte to use in the OF.

The rotation consisted of Stroman, Alihara, Dunning, Cody and Winn and the bullpen was mostly homegrown guys. He mentioned the possibility of trading for Tyler Glasnow just before the July, 2023 deadline.

I am underwhelmed when it comes to the additions of Stroman, Glasnow and Marte. I think we can aim higher than that.
A lot of wishful thinking. Pitching will have to over perform and hope Gallo becomes elite. Still need someone else to step up. Seems like these WS teams are loaded with high performing bats too to bottom.
I do think you can catch lightning in a bottle kind of like Rays did but it only got them so far