• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers 2021 Spring Training

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeClerc does not appear that durable. Just shooting the spit but always thought these guys who are not huge but with a lot of torque in their pitches get injured easily

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have Ranger tickets to exchange. Guess today was official single ticket sales. Hope no issues on my end

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of wishful thinking. Pitching will have to over perform and hope Gallo becomes elite. Still need someone else to step up. Seems like these WS teams are loaded with high performing bats too to bottom.
I do think you can catch lightning in a bottle kind of like Rays did but it only got them so far
Yeah, that is assuming Jung and Huff are the real deals and that we pick up at least one great bat and one very good bat in FA.

I still think getting the pitching we need will be easier than getting the hitting we need. Part of that is based on it looking like we will get a potential ace in the draft. We may be able to match our previous WS teams pitching just through the farm. Getting the hitting to match those teams is a lot bigger job.

The good thing is, we will have lots of money to spend if we once again decide to be 7th or 8th in the league in spending like we once were. Of course, we have to spend wisely.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeClerc does not appear that durable. Just shooting the spit but always thought these guys who are not huge but with a lot of torque in their pitches get injured easily
The last few years, it seems as if the ones who get injured easily, are those belonging to the Rangers, more than anything else.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was an article by Levi Weaver from The Athletic suggesting that Kris Davis being a right-handed power hitter is just what the Rangers lineup needs. I have seen or heard many in the media saying various things in this same vein. The Rangers simply need to find out about as many young players as they can this year. They don't need to have certain types of hitters in their lineup. They don't need a balanced lineup. They don't need relievers who can handle every role in the pen. They don't need certain guys to be leaders in the clubhouse.

They need to be rebuilding. They need all of those things to win a title, but if and when they get to that point the team will look a lot different anyway. There is a time to finish out the team with what is missing, but we are a ways away from that. Now, if you can find those pieces now and they have a good chance of still filling those needs 2 to 5 years from now then that is fine.

Don't worry about the curtains and lamps while you are still tearing down walls.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was an article by Levi Weaver from The Athletic suggesting that Kris Davis being a right-handed power hitter is just what the Rangers lineup needs. I have seen or heard many in the media saying various things in this same vein. The Rangers simply need to find out about as many young players as they can this year. They don't need to have certain types of hitters in their lineup. They don't need a balanced lineup. They don't need relievers who can handle every role in the pen. They don't need certain guys to be leaders in the clubhouse.

They need to be rebuilding. They need all of those things to win a title, but if and when they get to that point the team will look a lot different anyway. There is a time to finish out the team with what is missing, but we are a ways away from that. Now, if you can find those pieces now and they have a good chance of still filling those needs 2 to 5 years from now then that is fine.

Don't worry about the curtains and lamps while you are still tearing down walls.

Which young player should be taking Davis' spot?

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guzman, Lowe, White, and Taveras are available for 2 spots. One of them can DH and there would still not be a spot for the fourth one. Not to mention, Calhoun will be back not long after the season starts.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guzman, Lowe, White, and Taveras are available for 2 spots. One of them can DH and there would still not be a spot for the fourth one. Not to mention, Calhoun will be back not long after the season starts.

I guess those analysts are focusing too much on the RH "power" facet of Davis' game, at least as far as it being what the Rangers "need".

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess those analysts are focusing too much on the RH "power" facet of Davis' game, at least as far as it being what the Rangers "need".
Yeah, we are definitely going to need some RH power if we want to win a championship. I just doubt that Davis will still be around then.

If we could be certain that Davis was going to do so well that he could be traded for a valuable future piece, then you would have to weigh that against getting these guys at bats. That would be a huge gamble though.

I know the analysts have to write stories, and it might be hard to generate much interest without some of these type of stories mixed in, but the goals for 2021 are fairly simple.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evan Grant is in the middle of releasing his list of top 20 Rangers prospects. Here is what he has so far.

Top 20 Rangers prospects

No. 20:
Ronny Henriquez, RHP

No. 19: Hans Crouse, RHP

No. 18: Owen White, RHP

No. 17: Tekoah Roby, RHP

No. 16: Anderson Tejeda, INF

No. 15: Luisangel Acuña, INF

No. 14: David Garcia, C

No. 13: Steele Walker, OF

No. 12: Kyle Cody, RHP

No. 11: Sherten Apostel, INF

No. 10: Davis Wendzel, INF

No. 9: Evan Carter, OF

Nos. 8-1: Coming soon...

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dave and CJ are not having a good ST.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What a stupid decision by Woodward. Also, the whole lefty/righty thing is silly. It is a REBUILDING year.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What a stupid decision by Woodward. Also, the whole lefty/righty thing is silly. It is a REBUILDING year.
I wonder if he feels like his job might be on the line. Shot in the dark