• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers 2021 - 2022 Offseason Thread

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IKF for Gallo
Ikf can play SS and be the bridge to their top SS prospects
I like IKF and Lowe to the Yankees who need help in each area. I would want a couple of prospects. If they have to throw Gallo in to make it work financially then so be it. Then we can take Hosmer and his salary from the Padres for a really good prospect.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have read the Angels are in on Scherzer. That might be a good way for them to waste more money. By the time we are ready to compete Scherzer's age will have most likely caught up to him.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Newberg is asking for trade proposals to discuss. I suggested a trade with the Yankees. We would give up IKF, Lowe, and Leody for Trey Sweeney and Luis Medina.
If they have to throw in Gallo to dump his salary then go for it.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Interesting take by Adam Morris. I would imagine he will be wrong, but who knows.

Reactions: DTC

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gausman expected to sign soon too.

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Interesting take by Adam Morris. I would imagine he will be wrong, but who knows.

I wonder what makes Blain Crim a fringe prospect?

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what makes Blain Crim a fringe prospect?
I would imagine it is because how those in the business of rating prospects thought of him before he was drafted. Those folks are very stubborn in that it is almost impossible to change their mind once they have it made up.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I might take offense if called a fringe prospect and Huff sure has plenty of skeptics. Big year for him just to keep healthy. If he progresses who knows. It is ok to be skeptical but I would not write him off just yet

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NO. Let some other poor soul deal with the K king

I don’t mind the strikeouts as long as the OBP and power is there.
Look at Ohtani. He struck out a ton. Kevin Newman, ss for the Pirates, only struck out 40 times in 500 AB and he had a 56 ops plus.
An out is an out. At least Gallo gets on base and drives in runs. Maybe they “ban” the shift and require 2 players on either side of 2B and on the dirt. That would help Gallo a lot.
Also I think Gallo should hit 2nd. If the lead off hitter gets on the shift isn’t as pronounced.
If I was a manager I would tell Gallo to bunt down the 3B line every single time the hole is there. Every single time.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would imagine it is because how those in the business of rating prospects thought of him before he was drafted. Those folks are very stubborn in that it is almost impossible to change their mind once they have it made up.
Might be a bit extreme but I basically agree. Ego is a big factor even Morris to me looks swayed by public opinion

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I thought along those lines as well, but then I wonder if they have access to more data..
Does Blain Crim crush the 90-93 MPH fastball but struggle with anything faster or anything off speed?? Slider/curve

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gallo will never be comfortable in NY and was perhaps too comfortable here

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gallo will never be comfortable in NY and was perhaps too comfortable here

I could see the Mariners trading for him
Dipotto loves his trades

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see the Mariners trading f
Dipotto loves his trades
Do not care who gets him as long as it is not us. He had every chance to fix his problems and failed. Can't believe any one here would want him back. The purpose of the rebuild is to get better and go forward and Gallo is not the answer.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do not care who gets him as long as it is not us. He had every chance to fix his problems and failed. Can't believe any one here would want him back. The purpose of the rebuild is to get better and go forward and Gallo is not the answer.
I didn't want Khris Davis here, but it was necessary to make the trade. We are in a position where we can take on a player for a year if it helps us down the line. To me it would all depend on the trade.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't want Khris Davis here, but it was necessary to make the trade. We are in a position where we can take on a player for a year if it helps us down the line. To me it would all depend on the trade.
Hopefully it won't come to it.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh it can be very interesting if Gallo is perceived as a salary dump situation
If that is the case then a team does not have to give up prospects for him in a trade and sometimes acquires prospects
Gallo has talent and has definitely not achieved full potential. It may not be he ever reached potential as I thinks it is in his head to do so but athletically he has good years ahead of him

DTC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can’t believe anyone wouldn’t want Gallo
He led the league in walks, hits bombs and plays great defense. Hopefully they ban the shift and he gets traded to a lower key place.
He has good years ahead.
When we traded him he had a .370+ OBP. He can run the bases well.
He would be a great #2 hitter on most mlb teams.
There’s a reason we got 4 prospects back for him.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course OPS being the gold standard, Gallo is absolutely a player you want.

To me it is the intangibles that lessen his value. A club wants guys who hit well situationally,move the runner, Sac fly make contact when needed and do well under pressure. Unless you can do this your are not the leader of the club. Beltre did this

Still with some improvement like he did with walks Gallo is quite serviceable. He may have to change agents as his value for a long contract with past expectations has lowered. Would love to know the contract the Rangers offered

That being said he loves Texas and I could easily see a reunion here. He is just an extreme long shot to be a core player. However he could become a key producer with value if placed in a situation to succeed.