• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers 2019-2020 Offseason Thread

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tweak on the IL again. Good rule

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can be out house or car shopping, and stop by and get a coke and a candy bar, and that doesn't deter me from my mission.

They have enough staffers to get it all done. How do you think they juggle everything when it gets trade deadline time? It is a lot more relaxed now than then.
all you say makes sense but Volquez shouldn't be the 1st news as far as Free Agency is concerned.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all you say makes sense but Volquez shouldn't be the 1st news as far as Free Agency is concerned.
That is just silly. The order of things does not matter.

Besides, they haven't signed him yet. It has just being reported they are interested in doing so. Before this came out there were reports about our interest in many top and second tier FA. When he is signed it won't make any difference when it is announced.

In the offseason that followed the 2010 season we made one of our best FA signings in the history of the club when we signed Adrian Beltre. Before we signed Beltre that year we came to contract agreements with all of the following: Yorvit Torrealba, Yoshinori Tateyama, Hirotoshi Onaka, Seth McClung, Endy Chavez. Brian Barden, Brandon Webb, and Arthur Rhodes.

There is a lot to complain about as far as upper management goes, but this isn't one of them.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is just silly. The order of things does not matter.

Besides, they haven't signed him yet. It has just being reported they are interested in doing so. Before this came out there were reports about our interest in many top and second tier FA. When he is signed it won't make any difference when it is announced.

In the offseason that followed the 2010 season we made one of our best FA signings in the history of the club when we signed Adrian Beltre. Before we signed Beltre that year we came to contract agreements with all of the following: Yorvit Torrealba, Yoshinori Tateyama, Hirotoshi Onaka, Seth McClung, Endy Chavez. Brian Barden, Brandon Webb, and Arthur Rhodes.

There is a lot to complain about as far as upper management goes, but this isn't one of them.
whatever. if they want Volquez at AAA i'm fine with it I just think it wasn't anything to rush about it

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably not much news until Nov. 20.

Deadline for teams to add eligible minor leaguers to the 40-man roster to protect them from the Rule 5 Draft.

Otherwise We may get a ruling re all the sign stealing issues prior

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whatever. if they want Volquez at AAA i'm fine with it I just think it wasn't anything to rush about it
I think they simply told him before he left to go home after the season that they were interested in him. A few days ago, a reporter found out about it and reported it. What is rushed about it?

I think they have exit interviews with players after the season ends and that is probably when it was discussed.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another article from Rosenthal and Drellich via Athletic was original source

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they simply told him before he left to go home after the season that they were interested in him. A few days ago, a reporter found out about it and reported it. What is rushed about it?

I think they have exit interviews with players after the season ends and that is probably when it was discussed.
okay

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

MIB contraction 2021 proposal

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they are going to be in a lot of trouble.

Doubt if it is to the extent of taking their flag down. But would not be surprised if Intnational money and picks are forfeited. Braves got popped quite a bit for their rule breaking.

Regardless it puts some stigma and shame on their title as perceived in the world of baseball. Asterisk at least in perception

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • Taveras is second in the Dominican Winter League batting race, hitting .347 over his first 77 plate appearances. As of last week

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Via Athletic excerpt today
There are 36 players on the Rangers roster, but not for long. There are eight players whom you’d imagine are under heavy consideration to be added by Wednesday: pitchers Tyler Phillips, Demarcus Evans, Joe Barlow and Kyle Cody; infielders Sherten Apostel and Anderson Tejeda; infielder-outfielder Eli White; and outfielder Leody Taveras. They almost certainly won’t all be added, but it wouldn’t be surprising to see six and possibly even seven get roster spots.

To add even five, Texas will need to create space by trimming players from the current roster. Practically speaking, opening enough spots up for prospects by Wednesday won’t be enough, as the club is likely going to add as many as three or four big-league players through free agency or trades (though, of course, the latter could involve rostered players going in the other direction as well). It would stand to reason that the Rangers might want to get those 36 currently occupied spots down this week to a number much closer to 30.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Via Athletic excerpt today
There are 36 players on the Rangers roster, but not for long. There are eight players whom you’d imagine are under heavy consideration to be added by Wednesday: pitchers Tyler Phillips, Demarcus Evans, Joe Barlow and Kyle Cody; infielders Sherten Apostel and Anderson Tejeda; infielder-outfielder Eli White; and outfielder Leody Taveras. They almost certainly won’t all be added, but it wouldn’t be surprising to see six and possibly even seven get roster spots.

To add even five, Texas will need to create space by trimming players from the current roster. Practically speaking, opening enough spots up for prospects by Wednesday won’t be enough, as the club is likely going to add as many as three or four big-league players through free agency or trades (though, of course, the latter could involve rostered players going in the other direction as well). It would stand to reason that the Rangers might want to get those 36 currently occupied spots down this week to a number much closer to 30.
If someone wants to keep White or Tejeda on their roster all year, then good luck to them. I wouldn't worry about those two guys.

We still have guys we can easily cut and not miss a beat.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You'd find a reason to bitch about a free meal.

It doesn't make a shit if it's the first news or not, as long as it isn't the last.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If someone wants to keep White or Tejeda on their roster all year, then good luck to them. I wouldn't worry about those two guys.

We still have guys we can easily cut and not miss a beat.

I agree with White but to me I would rather roster Tejada and nontender DDJ