• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers 2019-2020 Offseason Thread

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just seems like minor shit you don't need to be concerned about until later when you are trying to find a 3rd baseman, a couple of good or better starters and maybe a quality catcher and possibly looking at potential trade partners. You have a limited number of upper level staffers that can be doing these
I can be out house or car shopping, and stop by and get a coke and a candy bar, and that doesn't deter me from my mission.

They have enough staffers to get it all done. How do you think they juggle everything when it gets trade deadline time? It is a lot more relaxed now than then.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Friendly SportsHoopla PSA

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand the problem with signing Volquez, or just about anyone else, to a minor league deal. A MLB organization is made up of a whole lot of players. They need minor league fillers just like they need prospects and just like they do big league talent. They can pursue great players and guys for minor league contracts at the same time without giving less attention to the biggest pursuits. They have lots of guys in the front office working on these things. It is always smart to go into ST with lots of backups with minor league contract even if they may never see the light of a big league roster. If they sign Volquez and 10 other guys like him to a minor league contract it does not take away from rebuilding this team. JD and the front office are doing nothing wrong here.
As I said it is no biggie money wise but I would rather stock AAA with younger wastoids who may turn out to be decent. These we know will not.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said it is no biggie money wise but I would rather stock AAA with younger wastoids who may turn out to be decent. These we know will not.
Exactly. Why waste money on absolute has been's when young guns are waiting to establish a career in MLB. Volquez and his types have had their day in the sun. Time to say good bye and quit spending money foolishly on guys that can not any longer produce.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure if the guys like Vloquez will pitch much in the minors. I would think most will be cut before the season starts or will impress enough to make the team.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Why waste money on absolute has been's when young guns are waiting to establish a career in MLB. Volquez and his types have had their day in the sun. Time to say good bye and quit spending money foolishly on guys that can not any longer produce.
It is insurance and the money is a drop in the bucket, especially since it won't be guaranteed and most will be cut by the end of ST.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is insurance and the money is a drop in the bucket, especially since it won't be guaranteed and most will be cut by the end of ST.
Better insurance can be had.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure if the guys like Vloquez will pitch much in the minors. I would think most will be cut before the season starts or will impress enough to make the team.

Yes bet any contract he signs has MLB money if he makes the team and cuts him loose if not. Like it or not my bet they want him to be a RP and mentor young guys. Looks like they wanted him ahead of Kelley. Other vet is Chavez. We might sign Martin

We will have to construct our mock rosters at some point.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The three batter or end the half inning minimum is the one I like.

Yes these multiple moves per inning slow it down. With the 2 way players addressed wondering what is new with Matt Davidson.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This sign stealing investigation will have consequences

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

More on my current obsessive witch hunt on day off

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better insurance can be had.
Remember 2014? Lots of insurance is needed, some better than others. The better insurance probably thinks they don't have to sign a minor league deal yet . Guys like Volquez know they do, so they sign quickest.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes these multiple moves per inning slow it down. With the 2 way players addressed wondering what is new with Matt Davidson.
What was it Woodward called him? A potential elite hitter?

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes bet any contract he signs has MLB money if he makes the team and cuts him loose if not. Like it or not my bet they want him to be a RP and mentor young guys. Looks like they wanted him ahead of Kelley. Other vet is Chavez. We might sign Martin

I wonder if Barlow and Evans have a chance to make the team if they look good in ST? Maybe guys like Volquez are placeholders for a few weeks until they deem the youngsters ready after a few weeks in AAA.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Now Chavez I would take a flyer on. That guy showed me something until we buried his arm into the ground. Do not know why we did that to him but we did.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now Chavez I would take a flyer on. That guy showed me something until we buried his arm into the ground. Do not know why we did that to him but we did.
He is under contract I believe

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Barlow and Evans have a chance to make the team if they look good in ST? Maybe guys like Volquez are placeholders for a few weeks until they deem the youngsters ready after a few weeks in AAA.

I am thinking so or keep them on chill to manipulate service time. Bet we have room with extra man. Not thinking heat is a major factor with relief pitching