• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers 2019-2020 Offseason Thread

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers have two quality starting pitchers. Free agency may yield a third, maybe a fourth

The two pitchers at the top of the market are right-handers Stephen Strasburg and Cole. Another righty, Zack Wheeler, and left-hander Madison Bumgarner are considered by many to be next best.

Hyun-Jin Ryu, Jake Odorizzi, Dallas Keuchel and Cole Hamels come next, followed by Michael Pineda, Tanner Roark, Homer Bailey, Kyle Gibson and Julio Teheran are among the many others who have all done something good in their careers but perhaps not consistently enough.

Some will command multi-year contracts. Others might be able to plug spots until the Rangers are willing to give prospects a crack at the rotation. A few value signings will probably come from the bottom part of the free-agent pool.

It appears to be a deep market.

“I think it’s in the eye of the beholder,” Daniels said. “There’s maybe a couple guys that stand out at the top, and after that, whether it’s reporters or executives, you can probably rank them a bunch of different ways.”

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Re National League pitching
No offense in the least for JD. He is not my cousin.
No I do not think you guys are idiots. I have a hard enough time in this world keeping my own stuff straight vs trying to be condescending.

I do think there is a bias against NL pitchers. Just my little opinion. Thought we gave up a lot for Hamels but he delivered when needed in the early years. Remembering the Halo gem he pitched

Of course I would have issue with a fly ball pitcher on the West Coast

Guys you like to hammer JDs moves and I give a little different perception and you push back as if I am offended.
All good. No one called anyone an idiot
I come to this board because I like the Rangers and like to mix it up.

I just want a WS before I die like everyone else here I assume

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some are thinking Donaldson gets a 4 year contract.
if he does he does. I think the Rangers, if they miss on Rendon, will offer Donaldson maybe a 3 year deal with a team option 4th year at best. he may not be every one's favorite choice but apparently he is the #2 choice for the Rangers behind Rendon

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Re National League pitching
No offense in the least for JD. He is not my cousin.
No I do not think you guys are idiots. I have a hard enough time in this world keeping my own stuff straight vs trying to be condescending.

I do think there is a bias against NL pitchers. Just my little opinion. Thought we gave up a lot for Hamels but he delivered when needed in the early years. Remembering the Halo gem he pitched

Of course I would have issue with a fly ball pitcher on the West Coast

Guys you like to hammer JDs moves and I give a little different perception and you push back as if I am offended.
All good. No one called anyone an idiot
I come to this board because I like the Rangers and like to mix it up.

I just want a WS before I die like everyone else here I assume
It just seemed like you were offended when you issued the two accusations that I mentioned, and when you acted like the very idea of JD having a blindspot in that area was ludicrous. It isn't because you offer a different perception at all.

Believe me, when we go after a great pitcher I don't care what league he is in. If he is great against AL hitters, that is.

I pointed out Hamels struggle against AL pitching before the trade. Sure he had good games, but overall, against the AL, he performed about like he should have been expected too.

Recently, I have pointed out Wheeler's struggles against the AL. Hopefully, JD does not make the mistake of ignoring the splits.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if he does he does. I think the Rangers, if they miss on Rendon, will offer Donaldson maybe a 3 year deal with a team option 4th year at best. he may not be every one's favorite choice but apparently he is the #2 choice for the Rangers behind Rendon
I hope another team snaps up Donaldson and saves us the trouble of those last two years of a four year deal.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good points but despite lack of time at 3B, it sure seems funny he got his MLB reps at 3B. He sure looks to be the fallback there but unless he beats out Odor he may need more 3B seasoning. Definitely no defensive marvel. Obviously better to get a RHB at 3B, even better it be Rendon.

Seems like a Solak was blocked and that was a factor. Trades ideally should benefit both teams.
Welcome to the board
he got reps at 3rd because of his bat and the fact there was no where else to put him with management pet Odor occupying 2nd.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope another team snaps up Donaldson and saves us the trouble of those last two years of a four year deal.
well we need a 3rd baseman until Jung is ready and sticking piecemeal pieces there isn't the answer. I like Solak and IKF but they aren't the answer there. neither you, I or anyone else on this board is going to make the Rendon, Donaldson or Moustakas decision but apparently JD and the management team don't see Solak or IKF as the solution for the team's need at 3rd so we will just have to, as fans of the team, accept whomever they choose. if it takes a 3 year plus deal to get one of them I fully expect the Rangers will make the move to get them

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well we need a 3rd baseman until Jung is ready and sticking piecemeal pieces there isn't the answer. I like Solak and IKF but they aren't the answer there. neither you, I or anyone else on this board is going to make the Rendon, Donaldson or Moustakas decision but apparently JD and the management team don't see Solak or IKF as the solution for the team's need at 3rd so we will just have to, as fans of the team, accept whomever they choose. if it takes a 3 year plus deal to get one of them I fully expect the Rangers will make the move to get them
I would give 8 to Rendon before giving 4 to Donaldson.

If we don't get Rendon and Donaldson overplays his hand and gets stuck, I would be glad to give Donaldson a one or a two year deal.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would give 8 to Rendon before giving 4 to Donaldson.

If we don't get Rendon and Donaldson overplays his hand and gets stuck, I would be glad to give Donaldson a one or a two year deal.
I would too but we aren't the ones sitting in the chair and signing the contracts. I see at least 5 teams besides the Rangers who would give Rendon an 8 year contract at 32+ AAV and it will come down to who he wants to play for and who he thinks will be a competitive team now which will eliminate the Rangers unless they overbid to get him. some are predicting he will get 8 years $256M from the Nationals do you see us beating that?

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt if Rangers go more than 3 years on Donaldson. We could spend on pitching instead or think trade if Rendon slips past us. Solak should get significant time at the MLB level regardless. So many things cold happen via trade to alter the current landscape

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he got reps at 3rd because of his bat and the fact there was no where else to put him with management pet Odor occupying 2nd.
Did not help hat Odor was red hot to close out the year. But yeah pet or not 3B is a potential option and 2B is not 100% ruled out. An extended slump may be the trigger needed

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would too but we aren't the ones sitting in the chair and signing the contracts. I see at least 5 teams besides the Rangers who would give Rendon an 8 year contract at 32+ AAV and it will come down to who he wants to play for and who he thinks will be a competitive team now which will eliminate the Rangers unless they overbid to get him. some are predicting he will get 8 years $256M from the Nationals do you see us beating that?
It depends on how bad we want him.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Odor is a closed case. Can't do anything with him except by trade and who wants him. Enough said.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did not help hat Odor was red hot to close out the year. But yeah pet or not 3B is a potential option and 2B is not 100% ruled out. An extended slump may be the trigger needed
I sure hope that 3B option is gone by us signing a FA, thus forcing management to decide on Odor over Solak. That is, unless they purchase that elephant gun.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Napoli is going into coaching with the Cubs.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

this is the highest level of the game. Competitiveness on the field should be matched in the clubhouse in regard to roster spots and playing time.

it’s maddening that the rangers appear to be the only team in MLB who is perfectly happy with these 1/3 seasons out of odor. He’s terrible for 100 games, I’m talking double AA player quality and he has a good month or two at the end. Our front office guys buy the bullshit then round and round we go.