• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers 2019-2020 Offseason Thread

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well considering half of all pitchers are in the NL... its just bound to happen
Except with JD, it seems to be much greater than 50% of the ones he shows interest in, are in the NL.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with Solak is his glove. He's a bad 2nd baseman and according to most reports, he'd be even worse at 3B. That's why the Rays gave him away. He's not tall either so you can't stick him at 1st. I don't think the Rangers want him playing 3B if they can help it. Thus the interest in Donaldson. Moustakas could also be an option but he hits left handed.

Definitely need a catcher also. If you look at Trevino's track record, he was never even a below average hitter in the minors. He was awful offensively at every stop.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don’t want him back.

JD has weird fixation
Except with JD, it seems to be much greater than 50% of the ones he shows interest in, are in the NL.

I get AL pitching sees tougher hitting but discounting all NL pitching is foolish. Strasberg was able to shut down the Astros.

And BTW Hamels once did deliver the goods and Yu is a current NL guys....weird fixation..... puhleeze...chuckle

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with Solak is his glove. He's a bad 2nd baseman and according to most reports, he'd be even worse at 3B. That's why the Rays gave him away. He's not tall either so you can't stick him at 1st. I don't think the Rangers want him playing 3B if they can help it. Thus the interest in Donaldson. Moustakas could also be an option but he hits left handed.

Definitely need a catcher also. If you look at Trevino's track record, he was never even a below average hitter in the minors. He was awful offensively at every stop.
good points but despite lack of time at 3B, it sure seems funny he got his MLB reps at 3B. He sure looks to be the fallback there but unless he beats out Odor he may need more 3B seasoning. Definitely no defensive marvel. Obviously better to get a RHB at 3B, even better it be Rendon.

Seems like a Solak was blocked and that was a factor. Trades ideally should benefit both teams.
Welcome to the board

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get AL pitching sees tougher hitting but discounting all NL pitching is foolish. Strasberg was able to shut down the Astros.

And BTW Hamels once did deliver the goods and Yu is a current NL guys....weird fixation..... puhleeze...chuckle

dempster, Garza, Jeffress, Dyson, hamels, Allard

all recent trades and NL products.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dempster, Garza, Jeffress, Dyson, hamels, Allard

all recent trades and NL products.

And very recently Minor and Lynn were predominantly NL players which many on the board poo pooed on all because of this mentality that any NL pitcher is the kiss of depth and JD has an misguided perception

Get over it guys. Some are good some are not

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who said to discount all NL pitching? You do need to consider how they pitch against AL teams though. JD does seem to have a greater attraction to NL pitching than AL pitching. Guys who make their reputation in the NL are more likely pursued by JD than the others, or at least it has seemed that way in the past.

Chuckle all you want. I will chuckle at your appraisal of Hamels.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And very recently Minor and Lynn were predominantly NL players which many on the board poo pooed on all because of this mentality that any NL pitcher is the kiss of depth and JD has an misguided perception

Get over it guys. Some are good some are not
Lol. You need to get over being offended so easily by criticism of a third party. Unless you are kin to JD, you are way over protective of him.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"any NL pitcher is the kiss of depth"

"discounting all NL pitching "

No one indicated the first statement was true, and no one has done what the second statement states.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"any NL pitcher is the kiss of depth"

"discounting all NL pitching "

No one indicated the first statement was true, and no one has done what the second statement states.

he must think we’re all idiots. I know that everyone on this board would love to have Strasburg and scherzer. 2 NL guys.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we believe Donaldson would be a bad move, why would JD see different. Someone is certainly missing the bus.:L I'm all in for getting Rendon but if not, go with Solak/IKF since we won't be shooting for all the marbles and see what they can do. Either of them will be better for the team than Donaldson. Desension on the team is the last thing we need.
apparently from all the reports the Rangers see Donaldson as a strong option if they miss out on Rendon. it seems a lot of teams are looking at Donaldson including Atlanta who seems to have liked what he brought to the team

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JD sees a need to be a good bit better even before our window opens. Some on here view it that way too. I don't mind being better, but when it really matters in 2022, Donaldson and his money may get in the way of something much better. That is what I don't like about getting him for 3 years.
I thought you were looking at 2021 have we moved it back again? with what we are short on: starting pitching, 3B, 2B, C, 1B and right-hand hitting. why not fill a couple of those now, 1or 2 the following off-season so that when the kids like Jung etc are ready they come into an organization that is moving forward instead of one stagnating until 2022

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought you were looking at 2021 have we moved it back again? with what we are short on: starting pitching, 3B, 2B, C, 1B and right-hand hitting. why not fill a couple of those now, 1or 2 the following off-season so that when the kids like Jung etc are ready they come into an organization that is moving forward instead of one stagnating until 2022
You seem to think not liking one extreme means someone has to be a fan of the other extreme. There is a great gulf between the two extremes. The thing is, I have made that clear over and over.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some are thinking Donaldson gets a 4 year contract.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3