• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers 2019-2020 Offseason Thread

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well maybe the fans should question them. How about the team playing opening day at their new park to an empty stadium?

Word on the street

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am irritated but not so much about not getting Rendon but about not going in a different direction once 5 years was unacceptable which I have now mentioned for the millionth time. But before I pass judgment I want to see what the results are once the dust settles this off season.

Evan G said 6 years was offered but everyone knew it would take 7

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simpson and Davis belong in prison for all of the empty promises and downright lies they’ve fed the fanbase and subsequent tax dollars they flat out stole from everyone for their shiny new stadium.

I would love to put the blame for this squarely at JD’s feet, but I refuse to believe that had ownership given him the freedom to bid competitively and actually spend that he would refuse to give more than 5 years and let the Angels win.

In DFW, we’ve got the worst ownership in sports. A meddling egomaniac who refuses to let someone knowledgeable run the team, a lecherous sleazeball who is more concerned with clubbing and drinking with celebs than building a winner, a short-tempered child who lives thousands of miles away who has his underlings bully his players, and these two old miserly thieves who bought the team with the sole purpose of lining their pockets at the expense of the fan base.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evan G said 6 years was offered but everyone knew it would take 7
That is just idiotic on their part. I am taking a deep breath now and going TO STAY POSITIVE! LOL! Yeah, whatever.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hard to follow any major team in the Metroplex right now

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As some writers on Twitter are correctly pointing out, the Rangers KNEW ahead of time that Rendon had already turned down 7 years and $210 Million from the Nationals. And they KNEW they were unwilling to meet either those dollars or years. So them being “in” on Rendon was never anything more than deception to appease the fan base.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Mavs and Stars are doing well.
Mavs have their share of issues (imagine how good they would be if Cuban had treated free agency seriously and used their huge cap space to sign a 3rd top player instead of being out drinking and partying for the first week of free agency).

And the Stars just had to fire their head coach for doing something very immoral. They’re doing well, but not great.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am irritated but not so much about not getting Rendon but about not going in a different direction once 5 years was unacceptable which I have now mentioned for the millionth time. But before I pass judgment I want to see what the results are once the dust settles this off season.
You have a lot more patience than I do. I am done.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mavs have their share of issues (imagine how good they would be if Cuban had treated free agency seriously and used their huge cap space to sign a 3rd top player instead of being out drinking and partying for the first week of free agency).

And the Stars just had to fire their head coach for doing something very immoral. They’re doing well, but not great.
The Stars are tied with the best record in the NHL since Nov 1st. The start to their season was terrible. And in spite of Cuban compared to what the Mavs did last year they are doing very well. Beat the Lakers and should have beat them twice if Powell could have made both free throws at the end of regulation.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just about to post that myself on the Stars. Happy about the Mavs. See how far Doncik can take them but they have problems attracting free agents themselves

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of sympathy for long suffering loyal Ranger fan base who feel those in power do not reciprocate same loyalty

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Stars are tied with the best record in the NHL since Nov 1st. The start to their season was terrible. And in spite of Cuban compared to what the Mavs did last year they are doing very well. Beat the Lakers and should have beat them twice if Powell could have made both free throws at the end of regulation.
Stars went on a massive hot streak to get back into contention. But since then, they’ve been playing .500 hockey and in several stretches resembling that 1-7-1 team again. They’re inconsistent. Again, like I said- good, but not great.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just about to post that myself on the Stars. Happy about the Mavs. See how far Doncik can take them but they have problems attracting free agents themselves
True on Mavs attracting FA but one issue with the NBA is the buddy system and guys trying to align themselves up to build their own championship team. The Rangers have just been a bunch of cheapskates.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not mad about them losing out on Rendon. I’m mad because we’re finding out they were never really even in on Rendon to begin with, yet they intentionally deceived the fan base and media into thinking so.

If we had offered 7 years and $230 Million, thus beating Washington’s offer, and the Angels swooped in and signed him for an extra $15 Million, that would be different. We could at least say they tried then. They didn’t even try.

They don’t care about winning, just money.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stars went on a massive hot streak to get back into contention. But since then, they’ve been playing .500 hockey and in several stretches resembling that 1-7-1 team again. They’re inconsistent. Again, like I said- good, but not great.
Whatever. They did go 0-3-1 in that bad stretch but now have won 3 in a row. It happens.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not mad about them losing out on Rendon. I’m mad because we’re finding out they were never really even in on Rendon to begin with, yet they intentionally deceived the fan base and media into thinking so.

If we had offered 7 years and $230 Million, thus beating Washington’s offer, and the Angels swooped in and signed him for an extra $15 Million, that would be different. We could at least say they tried then. They didn’t even try.

They don’t care about winning, just money.
That's my issue.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Zero comfort