• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers 2019-2020 Offseason Thread

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not really interested in trade with a Yanks. If we could extend Bryant, I do like that. Otherwise Jung could easily be on the fast track
I am not counting on Jung. You know the ol don't count your chickens before they hatch.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess my source in the rangers organization sucks.

then again, looking at it from a baseball perspective, the Angels need 3 good starting pitchers to be competitive. They really aren’t close.

Arte really does have the rangers on his mind a lot.

this move doesn’t really make sense for them.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My most hated team. Hate this. They have a ton of money invested in certain players and still outbid us. Or so it seems.

I want to know how we got outbid by the angels.

They have pujols 200+ million dollar deal on the books

They signed trout for 12 years at $430 million.

The nationals couldn't really compete for him because they used their money to sign Strasburg

The Yankees weren't after him at all.

This one seemed like we had the biggest need and a big advantage in the process and our front office blew it.

I wish we could get a new ownership group who actually wants to win and who isn't afraid to pay big time players. These guys just want to count coins and watch odor ride around the warning track on his pony.

Last edited:

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dumb, dumb, dumb.

There is no excuse to only offer 5 years. Just pack up your bags, fold up the tent and find another investment and another job. Ownership and management are awful.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dumb, dumb, dumb.

There is no excuse to only offer 5 years. Just pack up your bags, fold up the tent and find another investment and another job. Ownership and management are awful.

the odor extension remains their biggest achievement to date. The ownership guys are awful.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Knowing other teams are talking 7 years to him and wasting time offering only 5 tells you that the Rangers ownership and JD were never serious about being active in the FA market. Might as well just accept this team never plans on doing anything

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We’re not getting Donaldson. I honestly don’t want him very much anyway.

donaldson will pick a team who wants to win. The dodgers, Braves, and nationals are more viable fits for him.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knowing other teams are talking 7 years to him and wasting time offering only 5 tells you that the Rangers ownership and JD were never serious about being active in the FA market. Might as well just accept this team never plans on doing anything

It’s very frustrating. We still don’t know yet how hard MLB will come down on the Astros. We just built the new stadium. Now is the time to strike and get back into this thing.

How can management not see it?

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How in the world could the Rangers be reported as the favorite landing spot if they were only willing to go 5 years. We saw what was turned down to the Nats.

Either I do not understand/missing something or something does not add up

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We’re not getting Donaldson. I honestly don’t want him very much anyway.

donaldson will pick a team who wants to win. The dodgers, Braves, and nationals are more viable fits for him.

I think you may be correct. Would love if they had a tentative offer on the table for him for 3 years

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TR Sullivan is saying boras only met with the rangers once and they weren’t that serious. Sounds about right. Feed the fan base a bunch of lies then sign a bunch of 3rd tier free agents while refusing to bench or demote our scrubs like odor.

this team will probably never win with this ownership group and JD. It’s not a good mixture. We can’t develop talent and we can’t fork over the money to get it.

the ownership groups biggest achievement to date is the odor extension. We are also the only team who wouldn’t have demoted Odor or benched him by now. Go figure.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s very frustrating. We still don’t know yet how hard MLB will come down on the Astros. We just built the new stadium. Now is the time to strike and get back into this thing.

How can management not see it?
Simple answer: they are not now or have they ever been interested in being more than a .500 area team

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How in the world could the Rangers be reported as the favorite landing spot if they were only willing to go 5 years. We saw what was turned down to the Nats.

Either I do not understand/missing something or something does not add up
That was my first thought as well when I heard that 5 years was it. Chooaphobia must have crept in.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess my source in the rangers organization sucks.

then again, looking at it from a baseball perspective, the Angels need 3 good starting pitchers to be competitive. They really aren’t close.

Arte really does have the rangers on his mind a lot.

this move doesn’t really make sense for them.
Right in that the Angels issue is really pitching.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TR Sullivan is saying boras only met with the rangers once and they weren’t that serious. Sounds about right. Feed the fan base a bunch of lies then sign a bunch of 3rd tier free agents while refusing to bench or demote our scrubs like odor.

this team will probably never win with this ownership group and JD. It’s not a good mixture. We can’t develop talent and we can’t fork over the money to get it.

the ownership groups biggest achievement to date is the odor extension. We are also the only team who wouldn’t have demoted Odor or benched him by now. Go figure.
They never had any thought of doing anything. JD stood there and lied to his teams fanbase about how the team fully intended to be active. That why we're now hearing Franco's name being bandied about with the Rangers. We were always going to only look at 4th and 5th tier

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was my first thought as well when I heard that 5 years was it. Chooaphobia must have crept in.
Nope it comes down to the team never really ever being interested in signing Rendon or any other top tier FA. But they had make the fanbase think they were in it

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right in that the Angels issue is really pitching.

they don’t have a good farm system either.

I really don’t see how they’re going to acquire or obtain decent pitching.

maybe JD and the ownership team will send them minor and Lynn for several low draft picks. :trash:

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are no more Teixeira trades to be made any longer, and no more Josh Hamiltons to stumble across. That means no more WS trips with these owners and this GM. They just don't have what it takes.

One pitch away and now nothing ever again as long as these bozos are in charge.

We have what is close to book end gut punches for this decade. I will not put myself in position to be punched by these bozos any longer.