• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers 2019-2020 Offseason Thread

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can't trade someone with one if they don't want it no matter how much money you offer. easy premise to understand
I have never heard Choo asked once whether he would have accepted a trade. That is even easier to understand.

You didn't even seem to understand your own wacky premise this morning when you suggested trading Choo for Happ.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Surely he is wrong about this.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never heard Choo asked once whether he would have accepted a trade. That is even easier to understand.

You didn't even seem to understand your own wacky premise this morning when you suggested trading Choo for Happ.
you are such a bitter individual. how do you know that he wasn't ask? do JD, the owners and Choo keep you in their inter-circle of confidants?
and I thought the purpose of this board was for us to post our thoughts even when we know they won't happen. you do it all the time so does everyone else but I guess i'm not allowed

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why, but the longer this takes the less confident I am about us getting Rendon.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you are such a bitter individual. how do you know that he wasn't ask? do JD, the owners and Choo keep you in their inter-circle of confidants?
and I thought the purpose of this board was for us to post our thoughts even when we know they won't happen. you do it all the time so does everyone else but I guess i'm not allowed
You talk condescendingly(easy premise to understand) to me and then whine about me calling your premise wacky.

You can state your opinions all you want.

I can think he could have been talked into a trade just as easily as you can think the opposite. Yet, my opinion requires me to be in some inner circle. That is funny.

I guess you were in an inner circle when you found out the owners would not let him be released.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You talk condescendingly(easy premise to understand) to me and then whine about me calling your premise wacky.

You can state your opinions all you want.

I can think he could have been talked into a trade just as easily as you can think the opposite. Yet, my opinion requires me to be in some inner circle. That is funny.
he has been pretty clear in few things I've read that he doesn't want to leave so I think it is more likely that he's told JD that he won't allow any talks about a trade. I wish like you he would but other than daydreaming about him having a change of heart nothing we can do.
oh BTW I agree my suggestion was wacky and totally insane but what else is there to do on my day off

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he has been pretty clear in few things I've read that he doesn't want to leave so I think it is more likely that he's told JD that he won't allow any talks about a trade. I wish like you he would but other than daydreaming about him having a change of heart nothing we can do.
oh BTW I agree my suggestion was wacky and totally insane but what else is there to do on my day off
That is the heart of our disagreement.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is the heart of our disagreement.
and what can we do? he has full no-trade rights. other than releasing him and eating $21M or benching him and wasting $21M we have absolutely no options. we can't even talk to other teams because it would violate his CBA rights

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't swear to it but I am pretty sure Choo said his wife liked the area and schools so a trade was not in their plans. Can someone remember this?

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't swear to it but I am pretty sure Choo said his wife liked the area and schools so a trade was not in their plans. Can someone remember this?

I heard a rumor that he and his family have this amazing mansion in southlake. His kids are tearing up the little league and are excited to play for the dragons or the powerhouse high school team in that city.

I used to live about 5 minutes from southlake. It’s a upper class area with lots of rich people who have big egos. I’m not saying Choo falls into that category, but those are the people who are his neighbors.

his wife also probably enjoys the housewife lifestyle in that city.

I doubt he wants to move. If anything, we might see him retire after this year. The guy has made his money.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Choo take.
1. Have not heard any turn down of any trade. Doubt if clause ever comes into play especially since any trade will be with a contender at ASB.
2 Guess that interest has been low since I doubt Rangers would want to most if salary especially since he is and has been one of their best hitters
3 Think his durability and age has surpassed what was thought
4 Think they would have preferred Choo vs Mazara by he had less future value.

Maybe they can still trade Choo but at this point not holding my breath during offseason

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nope haven't understood anything the Rangers have done with Odor including the contract. of all the options the rangers have had this off-season getting rid of Odor was at the top of most Rangers fans list. unfortunately finding another team that would take him is damn near impossible. almost as hard as convincing Choo to accept a trade

I need to keep reminding people that odor does have a team option. The rangers would have to be the most arrogant and stubborn pricks in the world to pick that up.

we will have to swallow both poison pill contracts. Thankfully, Choo is off the books this year and odors option is for the 2023 season I think.

id prefer we just buy out odor, but the ownership group is too stubborn.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why, but the longer this takes the less confident I am about us getting Rendon.

have patience.

there’s no such thing as an uncontested major free agent. We’re going to have to win the battle.

rendon has to know that the rangers are the best logical fit. The other teams pursuing him actually have 3rd baseman. We have jack shit. We also aren’t done yet with winter meetings.

just give it time. I bet we are still the favorites, but you never know I guess.