• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers 2019-2020 Offseason Thread

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need to keep reminding people that odor does have a team option. The rangers would have to be the most arrogant and stubborn pricks in the world to pick that up.

we will have to swallow both poison pill contracts. Thankfully, Choo is off the books this year and odors option is for the 2023 season I think.

id prefer we just buy out odor, but the ownership group is too stubborn.
Why would we buy our his contract after his stellar end of the season..... He has been fed a new approach all year. Is there not even a minute possibility he has turned the corner?

Why don’t we see how his first 30 days go before we go full scale on the mantra?

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cole chose the Yanks because he thought it was his best shot to win a WS.

Wonder if this is a factor with Rendon or if he is a unicorn similar to Dirk. Dodgers would be most likely a current WS contender of 3 left vying for his services

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would we buy our his contract after his stellar end of the season..... He has been fed a new approach all year. Is there not even a minute possibility he has turned the corner?

Why don’t we see how his first 30 days go before we go full scale on the mantra?

you’ve seen the last 3-4 years of odor.

his entire body of work has been embarassing.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is it possible for anyone to make changes for the better?

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Answer to question -- Not realistically.

Response to suggestion -- Been there done that, over and over and over. Even if he struggles mightily, he will still play and as long as he continues to play, those who preach patience now, will preach it some more then. Those who haven't completely given up on him now, will never give up until JD does.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cole chose the Yanks because he thought it was his best shot to win a WS.

Wonder if this is a factor with Rendon or if he is a unicorn similar to Dirk. Dodgers would be most likely a current WS contender of 3 left vying for his services
He already has one so it won't be as great as it could be. Then there is the overall picture. Within a seven year contract a lot of things change about who is favored to win a WS. The favorites for 2020 may be a lot different than the favorites in 2022, 2023 and beyond. A one or two year deal means a much more immediate focus. A seven year deal allows a player to look at the overall picture. Hopefully, that is in our favor.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
have patience.

there’s no such thing as an uncontested major free agent. We’re going to have to win the battle.

rendon has to know that the rangers are the best logical fit. The other teams pursuing him actually have 3rd baseman. We have jack shit. We also aren’t done yet with winter meetings.

just give it time. I bet we are still the favorites, but you never know I guess.
I just think the longer he takes the greater chance he could be using most of the teams to drive up the price and is not really considering some of them.

I also worry about JD panicking and turning to Donaldson or a trade if it takes much longer. We once did that, pre-JD, with Palmeiro, and settled for Clark.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good news IMO as I think we would be preferred to the Angels

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Sox fan, I’m not really digging this Mazara guy.
Change my mind Rangers fans.
He was actually our top prospect about 3 years ago. He is just an okay RFer in regards to covering ground but has an A+ arm and some pop as he hit 20 HRs his 1st 3 years and then 19 in about 2/3rds of the year.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hit 271 with 33 HRs and 33 doubles and you say his ENTIRE body of work has been embarrassing. Has hit 30 HRs in 3 of his 6 years. I am not going to say he hasn't stunk of lately but that all inclusive statement was nonsense.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard a rumor that he and his family have this amazing mansion in southlake. His kids are tearing up the little league and are excited to play for the dragons or the powerhouse high school team in that city.

I used to live about 5 minutes from southlake. It’s a upper class area with lots of rich people who have big egos. I’m not saying Choo falls into that category, but those are the people who are his neighbors.

his wife also probably enjoys the housewife lifestyle in that city.

I doubt he wants to move. If anything, we might see him retire after this year. The guy has made his money.

Dude, this is EXTREMELY lazy and flat-out untrue. The people living in Southlake are wealthy, yes. But the overwhelming majority of them are the nicest people in the world. You used to live “near” there? Good for you. I lived there. I know plenty of people who still live there. Just because they’re rich doesn’t mean they have egos. It’s just like the kids from Highland Park who unfairly get that rap because they come from money. I went to school with a lot of them at SMU, and they were some of the nicest kids at the school.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Choo has 10/5 rights. He can refuse a trade to anyone. Reports are his family is happy here.

2. Choo makes $21 million. He put up 1.7 war last year. Not a single team in MLB is going to pay $21 million for Choo.

Of course we'll have to eat some contract. That's been discussed here to death.

As far as his families happiness, that's great they like it here. But they're going to be moving within a year anyway.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, this is EXTREMELY lazy and flat-out untrue. The people living in Southlake are wealthy, yes. But the overwhelming majority of them are the nicest people in the world. You used to live “near” there? Good for you. I lived there. I know plenty of people who still live there. Just because they’re rich doesn’t mean they have egos. It’s just like the kids from Highland Park who unfairly get that rap because they come from money. I went to school with a lot of them at SMU, and they were some of the nicest kids at the school.

He talks out of his ass a lot