• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas Rangers 2018-2019 Offseason Thread

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no there isn't so why not look at others. trade DDJ

Why not look at everyone and not trade anyone if you don't have to? You act like DDJ is 37 years old and making 10 million a year and Heineman and others are being blocked by some old overpaid veteran, DDJ is just as valuable, if not more so, than Heineman, due to his ability to play really good CF defense (9 DRS last year in CF in 829.1 innings there, tied for 4th in the majors)... and his arm actually rated as more of a positive than 2 of the 3 guys above him (Cain & Enciarte), before anyone brings up his arm

Also, he is only 4 months older than Heineman

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not look at everyone and not trade anyone if you don't have to? You act like DDJ is 37 years old and making 10 million a year and Heineman and others are being blocked by some old overpaid veteran, DDJ is just as valuable, if not more so, than Heineman, due to his ability to play really good CF defense (9 DRS last year in CF in 829.1 innings there, tied for 4th in the majors)... and his arm actually rated as more of a positive than 2 of the 3 guys above him (Cain & Enciarte), before anyone brings up his arm

Also, he is only 4 months older than Heineman
all good points. I guess it comes down to let's see what others can bring to the table now and in 2020 and 2021

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be almost impossible to trade DeShields. No one would give you anything. If you could pay half his salary Choo would be easier to trade than Deshields in terms of what you would get in return.

We will keep him until we release him some day.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there a best?
By definition there is a best whether any of them are any good or not. To me, the best between Deshields and Heineman is clearly Heineman based on the things I have already discussed.

ST won't determine anything though. I have seem ST differences completely discarded by the team. If the team's braintrust has their minds made up then that is how it will go in April no matter what happens in ST.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be almost impossible to trade DeShields. No one would give you anything. If you could pay half his salary Choo would be easier to trade than Deshields in terms of what you would get in return.

We will keep him until we release him some day.
I like both suggestions. Package DDJ with Minor and get a couple of prospects. Package Choo with 20-22M and I believe some American League team would take him. Maybe the Yankees and we take Sonny Gray. That would make the deal about even

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all good points. I guess it comes down to let's see what others can bring to the table now and in 2020 and 2021

Once again, only 4 months older than Heineman, DDJ has the ability and time to bring as much to the table as Heineman
By definition there is a best whether any of them are any good or not. To me, the best between Deshields and Heineman is clearly Heineman based on the things I have already discussed.

ST won't determine anything though. I have seem ST differences completely discarded by the team. If the team's braintrust has their minds made up then that is how it will go in April no matter what happens in ST.

Clearly Heineman, how?

He has 0 ML experience, and his Minor League stats aren't even a reasonable comparison due to differences in age when they were obtained (and level), your methodology for making this conclusion is seriously flawed, but then again, we can all use statistics to make them say whatever we want, so have at it

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Re Best. Point is neither destined to be above average starter.

I like DDJ as 4OF due to elite speed but Tocci will likely be better defensively and offensively by 2020. None of these 3 will start when we contend. But not too much to lose to tender DDJ a low offer due to almost lowest OPS in MLB. Sure injury was a factor but past recent performance does not give him a pass IMO. I hope he has a good spring with an approach of making solid contact and we can be surprised. Heinemann is probably are and Robinson reincarnated.

Hope we don’t whine too much if he is not given vast amount of development time while up here. To me the guy I want to see get reps is Willie Rakes. He needs to play regularly

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like DDJ as 4OF due to elite speed but Tocci will likely be better defensively and offensively by 2020. None of these 3 will start when we contend. But not too much to lose to tender DDJ a low offer due to almost lowest OPS in MLB. Sure injury was a factor but past recent performance does not give him a pass IMO. I hope he has a good spring with an approach of making solid contact and we can be surprised. Heinemann is probably are and Robinson reincarnated.

Hope we don’t whine too much if he is not given vast amount of development time while up here. To me the guy I want to see get reps is Willie Rakes. He needs to play regularly

DDJ has already been an above average starter in CF, so...

DDJ needs to get a season of playing and not being hurt, thats all I'm saying, if he stinks, bench him, send him to AAA, DFA him, trade him, too early to do any of that right now

I'm in full agreement that DDJ is on his last chance though and he might be a 4th OFer in the end, but even that has value

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again, only 4 months older than Heineman, DDJ has the ability and time to bring as much to the table as Heineman

Clearly Heineman, how?

He has 0 ML experience, and his Minor League stats aren't even a reasonable comparison due to differences in age when they were obtained (and level), your methodology for making this conclusion is seriously flawed, but then again, we can all use statistics to make them say whatever we want, so have at it
We each think the other's methodology is seriously flawed.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To me keeping him on the 40 man is not an issue at all. I wish we had room to play Delino and Heineman both, but as long as we keep Choo and as long as we keep Gallo in the OF we don't. I simply see much more upside from Heineman based on what both of them have done and especially what both have done recently.

Delino has had a lot of chances and has failed to make the most of them. Heineman has yet to disappoint so why not roll with him.

As a fan who follows the team I am in favor of using DeShirlds on the bench and starting Heineman.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is a speedy backup CF if anyone is interested.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Always liked him in St Louis. Thought he might be a trading partner for Profar. Not done as well as hoped but maybe still not rebounded from TJS

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Always liked him in St Louis. Thought he might be a trading partner for Profar. Not done as well as hoped but maybe still not rebounded from TJS
There is a reason for that. I don't want to rush Profar just yet.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a reason for that. I don't want to rush Profar just yet.

Was talking about back then not now though. I would have traded Profar straight up back then while he was in the minors. Back when Tavares was still alive