• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas & Georgia Tech to B1G rumors

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would much rather do business in Texas than Louisiana without a doubt. Louisiana is the only state in the union that has it's state law based on Napoleonic Law instead of English Common Law. Get into a dispute in La and you better get local counsel or you're toast (probably toast anyway) and that is why La attorney's tend to do very well.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so how is the acc suing maryland, the big east suing bsu etc.

The ACC isn't suing the state of Maryland. They are suing the University of Maryland, a separate entity from the state. That's why it is legal to sue a college.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ACC isn't suing the state of Maryland. They are suing the University of Maryland, a separate entity from the state. That's why it is legal to sue a college.

so how come the texas poster cant grasp this????

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By strings, I assume you forgot how Nebraska demanded for unequal revenue sharing when the conference was born?

texasExes I don't mind your posts until you say Nebraska demanded.

The revenue sharing model of the Big 12 was based on the SWC revenue sharing model.

Once again, I will clearly state this for you again. Texas is the one that made all the demands on the Big 12.

How come out of all the DEMANDS Nebraska made on the Big 12 when it was formed, Nebraska lost them all except unequal revenue sharing. ANSWER: because Texas wanted it.

I won't rehash my post to your last time stating this, but after Nebraska left the Big 12, once again TEXAS demanded that the revenue sharing be UNEQUAL. Oklahoma and A&M also voted for this. Nebraska and Colorado had already left the Big 12 when this demand was asked by Texas.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

-

Probably because Maryland doesn't assert sovereign immunity over contract law. The U of Maryland is a state institution. I am pretty sure of that. You can sue TCU and Rice, but you may not be allowed to sue Tech, A&M, or Texas. Try reading the article. That goes for John also. loves to type, but not read

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-

Probably because Maryland doesn't assert sovereign immunity over contract law. The U of Maryland is a state institution. I am pretty sure of that. You can sue TCU and Rice, but you may not be allowed to sue Tech, A&M, or Texas. Try reading the article. That goes for John also. loves to type, but not read

The case was filed last year. No judge has thrown it out of court yet, have they?

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The case was filed last year. No judge has thrown it out of court yet, have they?

Not sure your pt. University of Maryland is not covered by Texas law. It is not applicable. Go read the prior page. Read the NyT article.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
coda, please provide the link. I don't know which article you are referencing.

However, I am certain Maryland does not follow the laws in Texas. They may be similar.

It is an interesting point, because in Texas you can't sue the State without getting permission from the Legislature. It would have to be decided in Federal Courts.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
coda, please provide the link. I don't know which article you are referencing.

However, I am certain Maryland does not follow the laws in Texas. They may be similar.

It is an interesting point, because in Texas you can't sue the State without getting permission from the Legislature. It would have to be decided in Federal Courts.

All on the prior page. You can not sue a Texas institution in federal court unless they agree to it.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read your post, kinda makes the GOR moot.

However, I continue to believe that Texas will remain in the Big 12. Most Longhorns would prefer that to any other conference.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read your post, kinda makes the GOR moot.

However, I continue to believe that Texas will remain in the Big 12. Most Longhorns would prefer that to any other conference.

Doesnt mean the Big 12 would not get permission to sue, but it adds a little twist. The GOR could be unenforceable if Texas claims their sovereign rights in defense of UT. I was simply trying to show how complicated these things are.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this may be a bit of a shock to you.......

but not everyone in the b12 has a love affair with texas.

would you really think a ku fan would enjoy watching a ku game with a Longhorn logo on the screen? of course not. comments like these are why so many of the b12 fanbases get fed up with it

that and the limited exposure that comes with a LHN game. just ask ole miss how it feels to get your tv market projections cut by 2/3 because espn needs to save a dying network

1. There aren't any KU fans, so irrelevant. (we are talking football here)
2. It's not a dying network. It's a network for one school. Longhorn fans love it. Texas Ex's such as myself love it. What sucked was not being able to get it. That was a Time Warner issue, and TW sucks.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This brings up the question of "Do trolls douche or are they just douche bags?"

its more question of if longhorns fan think???? or do they just eat all the BS that gets fed to them

regardless of the legality of what texas does with the LHN & the definition of tier 3. what texas is doing with the LHN is very sleezy and no other schools would ever conduct themselves in the fashion that texas has

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
john, what the hell is your problem? Why do you constantly rail against Texas, Big12, the South, yada.

LHN does absolutely nothing sleazy.

It's a College network. It's for University of Texas fans, exes, students. It has absolutely nothing to do with Michigan/Syracuse/Colorado people. So why the hell do you care?

Did someone from UT beat you when you were a teenager? Did a nanny or babysitter from Texas drop you on your head when you were little?

I mean, what the hell do you care?