• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Texas comes home to face an old friend in Nelson Cruz.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elvis is hitting 6th tonight...that helps make my point even more. This team is in shambles.

I said this last night. When Chirinos is your fifth place hitter, your lineup is teh suck.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a positive note at least Mitch is having the kind of season that we look forward to him coming back.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a positive note at least Mitch is having the kind of season that we look forward to him coming back.

Mitch usually gets off to a quick start. Question is, will he actually come back the same way for once?

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hear ya. But I swear, Mitch coming back from an injury can sometimes look like a guy who's in his second week of ST.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This offense would suck just as much ass if Magadan did find another job. The echo chamber of "BOOOOO MAGS!!!!" is hilarious. This offense will fucking suck regardless of who the manager, hitting instructor, etc are, because the players doing the hitting aren't that good. Every day is bash Magadan day. You'd be saying the same shit if they brought someone else it, because when Robinson Chirinos is your 5th place hitter your team is gonna be abysmal at producing runs. IDK if people are refusing to accept that second part or not...I am telling you it will be a lot easier as a fan if you just accept that no matter who is in charge this team isn't gonna produce offense at a sustainable rate.

Then there's no point to a hitting instructor, if whoever is in the role is meaningless.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then there's no point to a hitting instructor, if whoever is in the role is meaningless.

Does anyone buy off on Bennie's argument that the only reason he's still here is b/c the Rangers didn't want to spend money on a new instructor?

Besides Bennie, obviously, and he's been beating that drum again today.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The coaching staff in general is largely irrelevant when there is a lack of talent on the 25 man. Casey Stengel wouldn't be winning games with these guys either. 6 of the team's 12 position players have no business being on an active 25 man roster.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone buy off on Bennie's argument that the only reason he's still here is b/c the Rangers didn't want to spend money on a new instructor?

Nope. A hitting instructor's salary is negligible when you consider the money they've paid to bring on other players they're paying to not even play at this point. Then they go and take on $3 mil/yr for josh. Yes, I know it's not hardly anything with regards to other players salaries, but my point is that Magadan's salary and the budget has jack shit to do with why he's still here.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The coaching staff in general is largely irrelevant when there is a lack of talent on the 25 man. Casey Stengel wouldn't be winning games with these guys either. 6 of the team's 12 position players have no business being on an active 25 man roster.

I agree that the talent has to produce. But there's a difference between "a bad month" and "the worst month in franchise history since the invention of the DH." And let's not forget that 2014 was no cakewalk either. Or that the Rangers told Magadan he was free to seek out a position with another team and he came up empty.

A lineup with the Beltre, Fielder, Choo, Martin, and Andrus in it should not be this bad. Not saying it'll be good, but my God, right now it is historically shitty. And someone has to be held accountable.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that the talent has to produce. But there's a difference between "a bad month" and "the worst month in franchise history since the invention of the DH." And let's not forget that 2014 was no cakewalk either. Or that the Rangers told Magadan he was free to seek out a position with another team and he came up empty.

A lineup with the Beltre, Fielder, Choo, Martin, and Andrus in it should not be this bad. Not saying it'll be good, but my God, right now it is historically shitty. And someone has to be held accountable.

My point exactly.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the plus side Alfaro, Williams, Gallo and Mazara are all hitting in AA.... granted Gallo's only played 4 games, but at leas he started off hot

And we have Telis in AAA hitting well if we need to try and upgrade the catching

In addition to Thomas Field, the recently called up Blanks and Jared Hoying is being Jared Hoying.... if only he knew how to take a walk; 0 in 58 ABs

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why shouldn't it? Choo is fucking broken and no one knows when he will be right again. I don't know how many times I have repeated that Beltre sucks ass in April and has a track record of showing up later. Will he this year??? Time will well. Elvis Andrus has career 83 wRC+ and doesn't look to be improving on that at all this season. Martin is a pretty good CF but his offensive career is not much better than Elvis' so I ask again why shouldn't this offense be historically bad when 3 of the 5 guys you mention don't have much to offer in the way of offense to begin at this point in their careers?

Even if Beltre stars hitting .300+ along side Fielder teams will just stop pitching to both of them and take their chances with the rest of the line up.

The front office is to blame for the offense sucking ass. Magadan is an easy scape goat. I don't even like him, but blaming him is like blaming the hooker for your STD. You were the one that stuck your dick in that disease infested snatch in the first place. Choo's and Prince's bloated contracts are an albatross for the offense. Hamilton won't be much of a salve to fix that. They are fucking stuck until they can off load some of that money or get actual major league ready talent on the club via prospects.

Am I still going to watch this team suck ass most nights? Absofuckinglutely I will, because I love them regardless. I am just tired of reading the same blame mags posts. He's not hindering the development of anyone. Their own fucking lack of ability is doing that, because they aren't a good team. I will keep repeating that until it clicks.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the plus side Alfaro, Williams, Gallo and Mazara are all hitting in AA.... granted Gallo's only played 4 games, but at leas he started off hot

And we have Telis in AAA hitting well if we need to try and upgrade the catching

In addition to Thomas Field, the recently called up Blanks and Jared Hoying is being Jared Hoying.... if only he knew how to take a walk; 0 in 58 ABs
Amaro wants Alfaro and Mazara for Hamels...I might boycott the club were that to transpire.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you are looking to hold someone accountable then look at JD. I hope he can rebound from the Choo abortion, but that one contract is fucking them in so many ways.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amaro wants Alfaro and Mazara for Hamels...I might boycott the club were that to transpire.

Amaro is a supreme idiot on the grandest of scales, he also probably doesn't want to eat any of the contract were that to transpire

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So isn't the Hamilton trade essentially the modern day version of being traded for a bag of balls?

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amaro is a supreme idiot on the grandest of scales, he also probably doesn't want to eat any of the contract were that to transpire
Of course not. Anyone dumb enough to pull the trigger on that deal deserves Hamel's UCL exploding a month after the trade. I hope the Cardinals are dumb enough for that.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Haha. I doubt it. I have never had any company in that opinion before. Kind of like I never had any company on the opinion that extending Beltre way before they had do was to save money on his contract this season.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha. I doubt it. I have never had any company in that opinion before. Kind of like I never had any company on the opinion that extending Beltre way before they had do was to save money on his contract this season.
What? It was absolutely a way to save money on this season. Who said it wasn't? Production costs rise each year with inflation, so they got a cheaper Beltre for 2015 that they might be able to move if they want.