• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas and Okie reportedly interested in joining SEC ....

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not scared of OU as long as Saban is in Alabama. Heck look at your recruiting class this year. IF OU ends up in the West...They have the 4th best class just from that Division. Maybe it does get better for them but it really looks like OU (again no offense intended) is going to have to adjust their expectations a little bit. Winning the West alone is probably a 1 in 4 year thing for OU. That is a big change from winning the Big 12 every year.
We will see I guess, either it’s like you say or we instantly become another Alabama and it wouldn’t be the first time. Probably somewhere in between. I’m fine with Saban staying forever, wil take a 30 something Riley who is the best offensive mind in the game any day. Just having these conversations is fun, going to be interesting.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I must be the only one who hates this snowflake bullshit.....we can't beat them so if we merge with them then we too can claim team sec. Pathetic!
That’s a stupid take, the SEC gains a lot here.

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I must be the only one who hates this snowflake bullshit.....we can't beat them so if we merge with them then we too can claim team sec. Pathetic!
How is it " snowflake bu****** " if they're willing to move to the better conference and take on these teams in the regular season? :confused:

foster4prez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can’t see Maryland tucking their tail and heading back to the ACC. Notre Dame and West Virginia I can see as legit possibilities. Here’s how I could see the division’s if those moves happened:
North - BC, Syracuse, Pitt, ND, UVA, VT, Louisville, WVU
South - Duke, UNC, NC State, WF, Clemson, GT, FSU, Miami
They'd go to pods

BC, Pitt, Cuse, ND
WVU, UVA, VT, Louis
UNC, Duke, NC State, Wake
Clem, FSU, GT, UM

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They'd go to pods

BC, Pitt, Cuse, ND
WVU, UVA, VT, Louis
UNC, Duke, NC State, Wake
Clem, FSU, GT, UM
Those look pretty balanced, performance-wise, except the Domers would probably dominate #1. Strange case where the geography fits, too.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OU hasn't been recruiting defense?

Was that a Big 12 bylaw or something?
You are a real brainiac aren’t you? I shouldn’t have to tell you that over the last decade or so the mantra has been play in the SEC if you want to go to the NFL, on defense especially. No longer can that be used against OU. Bluebloods gonna blueblood when the playing field is level. Just watch, it’s going to be fun.

Locke888

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a horrible move overall for college football. Too much power in one conference will make too many blue bloods “has beens” in a couple decades.

foster4prez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a horrible move overall for college football. Too much power in one conference will make too many blue bloods “has beens” in a couple decades.
FBS needs to split in half anyways. Gimmie four 16 team conferences and tell everyone else to get fucked.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
”Blue Bloods” have no god given right to remain among the elite. So I guess I’m thinking if they choose to chase the paycheck and can’t hang? Why should I care?

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
”Blue Bloods” have no god given right to remain among the elite. So I guess I’m thinking if they choose to chase the paycheck and can’t hang? Why should I care?
You don’t have to care, let me know if you want to make a big wager on OU not being Nebraska.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don’t have to care, let me know if you want to make a big wager on OU not being Nebraska.
Nebraska has as rich a history as OU, and they were pretty confident going into the B1G.
and you two are walking into an even bigger lion’s den.

you had a pretty easier path ending up at 1 or 2 in conference, now you’ve tripled your difficulty level. Not saying you won’t, but it’s going to be extremely difficult. Good luck.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So at this point, does Bob Bowlsby have the remaining 8 united? If so, he should really be reaching out to the best of the "Lesser 5" and looking to create his own super conference before the PAC12, B1G & ACC beat him to the punch.

Of course - I don't know that he has that leverage at this point. He sure isn't acting like a forward thinking conference commissioner.

foster4prez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So at this point, does Bob Bowlsby have the remaining 8 united? If so, he should really be reaching out to the best of the "Lesser 5" and looking to create his own super conference before the PAC12, B1G & ACC beat him to the punch.

Of course - I don't know that he has that leverage at this point. He sure isn't acting like a forward thinking conference commissioner.
If the AAC had any balls, they would be trying to poach the remaining top of the Big 12 and supplant them as a P5.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska has as rich a history as OU, and they were pretty confident going into the B1G.
and you two are walking into an even bigger lion’s den.

you had a pretty easier path ending up at 1 or 2 in conference, now you’ve tripled your difficulty level. Not saying you won’t, but it’s going to be extremely difficult. Good luck.
Will be a fun ride. There is nothing stopping OU from being everything Bama is, we have been there multiple times before. We just needed the recruiting thing cleared up. Nebraska has a geographical challenge that certainly didn’t help them. OU will be fine.