• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Texas and Florida ... Nebraska and Tennessee

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas and Florida both Blue Chip Schools have fought their way back to respectability. They are not to the Alabama or the (not much) lesser Clemson or ohio state yet.

When does Tennessee and Nebraska make that move (they will ... but when).

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska never will. You need to research how well they had it made in the old Big 8 and the main reasons why NU was able to be a powerhouse back then.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska never will. You need to research how well they had it made in the old Big 8 and the main reasons why NU was able to be a powerhouse back then.

I respect your opinion, but I do not agree ... I think Scott Frost is going to bring them back.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think either will ever get back to the level they were in the 90's. I'd give Tennessee the best shot of getting back to relevance though because if they get a coach that can recruit the Atlanta area well, they'll have a leg up on Nebraska.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas beats OU and you'd think they were going to play in the Super Bowl from reading some of the post on here.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas beats OU and you'd think they were going to play in the Super Bowl from reading some of the post on here.
OK expert who did Alaska beat. lol

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hmmmm.. I don’t see many people saying that

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmmm.. I don’t see many people saying that
It's on two threads. Not you but another Bevo poster took a cheap shot at UW and the PAC and when I responded he told me to calm down. I spent an entire off season pumping up Texas and Tom Herman. Never again.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Texas has proved that they are back ... and it's about frickin' time!!!
That post of yours is going to do two things:

1. Piss off all the OU posters ... and there's a fvk load of 'em on here.
2. Swell the heads of the Bevo posters ... and I've seen arrogant Texas posters when Bevo was on a roll. They can make Bama posters look mellow.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Texas has proved that they are back ... and it's about frickin' time!!!

Rest yourself. I thought 8 wins, maybe 9 coming into the season. I thought Texas was going to be a decent team this year, but no threat to the playoffs or big time bowl. I think that is where Texas is at. They need a few more steps in development before I say they are back

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2. Swell the heads of the Bevo posters ... and I've seen arrogant Texas posters when Bevo was on a roll. They can make Bama posters look mellow.

I've always like historically excellent college football programs ... Oklahoma and Washington are included ... ohio state is not.

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's on two threads. Not you but another Bevo poster took a cheap shot at UW and the PAC and when I responded he told me to calm down. I spent an entire off season pumping up Texas and Tom Herman. Never again.

What a bitch.

1. We didn't ask you to hype Texas all offseason.

2. Because one poster takes a shot at UW, you say "never again"???

3. That means obviously you didn't believe the crap you were posting and were just trolling the board.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rest yourself. I thought 8 wins, maybe 9 coming into the season. I thought Texas was going to be a decent team this year, but no threat to the playoffs or big time bowl. I think that is where Texas is at. They need a few more steps in development before I say they are back

They win out, they're in the playoffs. Halfway through the season and still in control of your own destiny is nothing to sneeze at.

I don't think Texas will get there this year, but it is a huge step in the right direction.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas and Florida both Blue Chip Schools have fought their way back to respectability. They are not to the Alabama or the (not much) lesser Clemson or ohio state yet.

When does Tennessee and Nebraska make that move (they will ... but when).

Tennessee is fucked for a long time, or at least until Saban retires. They have to play them cross division every year. I don't think it's a coincidence they start being bad when he arrived. But now they also have to deal with Kirby Smart and UGA for the long term future. And I think Mullen was a really good hire at UF. So all their main rivals are going to be clicking at a high level for the next 5-10 years. More times than not, that's going to be 0-3. I think Tennessee is like 30 something games under .500 in the SEC in the last decade. I'm not really sold on the coach they hired, so I still think they are a coach away at this point. So once Pruitt gets run out of town in the next 4 years or so and they hired someone new, to coincide with Saban's retirement is when I think they can take off. I'll give it 2024 or so.

Nebraska should be within the next couple of years IMO. I think Frost is the right coach. If he fails, I don't think they'll ever be back. Minnesota was a power in the early 60's and by the 80's they fell into irrelevancy and only won 41% of their games that decade. I'm not saying they'll be Minnesota, but they might have a 8/9 win ceiling.

Hook'Em0608

Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All the swole head posters have long left the bandwagon. It's been a fucking decade dude...If we stuck around we get to talk some shit...

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a bitch.

1. We didn't ask you to hype Texas all offseason.

2. Because one poster takes a shot at UW, you say "never again"???

3. That means obviously you didn't believe the crap you were posting and were just trolling the board.
The Tom Herman thread was a way to fvck with the OU posters, not Bevo. The mods on here decided NOT to move my 'please delete thread' ... why I don't know seeing how they move all the other misplaced threads, and after that B_dub and a couple of OU posters decided to go apeshit on that thread with GIF's. So I thought 'fvck 'em' and I started my Tom Herman thread ... which was a hit btw.

TheReal_NU

This space intentionally left blank
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the swole head posters have long left the bandwagon. It's been a fucking decade dude...If we stuck around we get to talk some shit...

Well fuck. As much as it pains me to say it.....

I have to agree.

Hook'Em0608

Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Tom Herman thread was a way to fvck with the OU posters, not Bevo. The mods on here decided NOT to move my 'please delete thread' ... why I don't know seeing how they move all the other misplaced threads, and after that B_dub and a couple of OU posters decided to go apeshit on that thread with GIF's. So I thought 'fvck 'em' and I started my Tom Herman thread ... which was a hit btw.

I think you just need to thicken your skin up about your team. I've been taking up for Washington all day in the voting discussion thread. It would be like me saying, welp, AlaskaGuy dissed Texas, now I'm going to go on a Washington posters/team sucks rant. Dumb...

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you just need to thicken your skin up about your team. I've been taking up for Washington all day in the voting discussion thread. It would be like me saying, welp, AlaskaGuy dissed Texas, now I'm going to go on a Washington posters/team sucks rant. Dumb...
I got nothing against Texas ... a decent Texas team helps keep the OU posters in check. They kind of balance each other out.