• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Teryl Austin wants to be next HC for Dolphins.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Austin passed up again. Really thought if he was going to get a HC job, it was going to be in Cleveland.

Browns hiring Hue Jackson

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Austin passed up again. Really thought if he was going to get a HC job, it was going to be in Cleveland.

Browns hiring Hue Jackson

I think he wont get hired until at least all the big names are gone. Hopefully not at all.

I would take Jackson too if I were the Browns. What other big name is really going to go to fricken Cleveland?

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does Suh turning Miamis defense from number 11 to number 30 help Austin's case?

This really would help Austin IMO though. Would show more him being the reason of number 2 than Suh.

However without Suh, Levy and few others, he was middle of the pack.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This really would help Austin IMO though. Would show more him being the reason of number 2 than Suh.

However without Suh, Levy and few others, he was middle of the pack.

Agree 100%. IMO, what he was able to do with the Lions this season, was as impressive, as what he did with the Lions in 2014.

Maybe not, as impressive as 2014, but it was a heck of a job with the personnel he was working with.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Individually, Suh is doing just fine without Austin.

First year in Miami:

2nd most combined tackles (61) of his career.
Third most solo tackles. (38) in his career
Most assisted tackles (23) of his career
6 sacks (only 2.5 less than last year)
5 pass deflections (2nd most in career)

Meanwhile Austin finished with a bottom ten defense in points allowed, and the worse scoring rush D in the NFL. I think it's sad to see him used as the Rooney Rule dummy two years running. But I get it.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Rob as well. That's why he was named to the pro bowl and all-pro teams. Most dominate player on the field once the game was decided and a team was running out the clock. :)

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pro Bowl is a popularity contest voted on by casual fans. Allen Robinson, Doug Baldwin and Ziggy Ansah missed it too. Causal fans probably think those guys had bad years too, if they've even heard of them.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pro Bowl is a popularity contest voted on by casual fans. Allen Robinson, Doug Baldwin and Ziggy Ansah missed it too. Causal fans probably think those guys had bad years too, if they've even heard of them.

A serious fan, like yourself, I'd think you would know Ziggy Ansah and Allen Robinson are both going to the pro bowl. Also, I'd think you would know how the voting works for the pro bowl -- it is a combination of fans (1/3), players (1/3) and coaches (1/3) that do the voting.

As far as Doug Baldwin -- came on strong late in the year, but unfortunately for him -- he plays a position that is stacked in the pass happy NFL. When you can only pick 8 and you were 20th in yards and 24th in receptions -- it hurts your chances, even if you had a ton of touchdowns.

Allen Robinson was the biggest "snub" at WR, but he was named to the pro bowl when Calvin backed out -- but you are a serious fan, so you know that. I'm sure it was just a typo. :)

Rob

Forward down the field, Bitches.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Individually, Suh is doing just fine without Austin.

First year in Miami:

2nd most combined tackles (61) of his career.
Third most solo tackles. (38) in his career
Most assisted tackles (23) of his career
6 sacks (only 2.5 less than last year)
5 pass deflections (2nd most in career)

Meanwhile Austin finished with a bottom ten defense in points allowed, and the worse scoring rush D in the NFL. I think it's sad to see him used as the Rooney Rule dummy two years running. But I get it.

Lions 2015 opponents won 137 games or 54% (Tied for hardest NFL schedule). Lions played 8 games against playoff teams. VikingsX2, Broncos, Seahawks, Cardinals, Chiefs, PackersX2. A very difficult schedule.

Dolphins 2015 opponents won 120 games or 45% (tied for easiest NFL schedule). Fins played 4 games against playoff teams. Redskins, Texans, PatriotsX2. A very easy schedule.

Comparing Suh's nice season to the Lions defense is not apples to apples.

Austin coached without his top 3 or 4 DT's from 2014 and missing their Defensive MVP from 2013&2014 (Levy). Millenhew put the defense in a really bad spot for 2015 by not addressing the defense at all in the off-season. Austin had a tough season but I think he got about as much as anybody would have under the circumstances. If Levy is healthy he adds a ton of tackles over his replacement to help that rush D.

Suh nearly kicked off more helmets than he had sacks. He also had the most penalties (15) in his career to help offset the positive plays he made.

You can dice stats a hundred ways. I think Austin is a great coordinator and not just a convenient pawn for the Rooney rule.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can dice stats a hundred ways. I think Austin is a great coordinator and not just a convenient pawn for the Rooney rule.

He is just trolling, which is why I trolled back.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is just trolling, which is why I trolled back.

Who am I trolling? The wigger in the bowling alley who didn't know the Lions offered to make Suh the highest paid D player on the league?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions 2015 opponents won 137 games or 54% (Tied for hardest NFL schedule). Lions played 8 games against playoff teams. VikingsX2, Broncos, Seahawks, Cardinals, Chiefs, PackersX2. A very difficult schedule.

Dolphins 2015 opponents won 120 games or 45% (tied for easiest NFL schedule). Fins played 4 games against playoff teams. Redskins, Texans, PatriotsX2. A very easy schedule.

Comparing Suh's nice season to the Lions defense is not apples to apples.

Austin coached without his top 3 or 4 DT's from 2014 and missing their Defensive MVP from 2013&2014 (Levy). Millenhew put the defense in a really bad spot for 2015 by not addressing the defense at all in the off-season. Austin had a tough season but I think he got about as much as anybody would have under the circumstances. If Levy is healthy he adds a ton of tackles over his replacement to help that rush D.

Suh nearly kicked off more helmets than he had sacks. He also had the most penalties (15) in his career to help offset the positive plays he made.

And guys like you and Mike are entitled to that opinion. You can also give Austin all the excuses in the world as to why he didn't finish with a top D again like so many Lions fans predicted.

It's my opinion that he is the new RR puppet, an easy get this year since he already made the rounds like year. If he's not, he will have a HC job soon and you'll be right. I think he'll get passed up again, let go by the Lions and probably go back to the Ravens or something.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AP Source: Titans set up interview with Lions' Teryl Austin

Austin already has interviewed with Miami, Cleveland, the New York Giants and Philadelphia Eagles. Miami hired Adam Gase, and Cleveland hired Hue Jackson on Wednesday.

Last chance. The Titans also interviewed Martin Mayhew to be their new GM, so maybe Austin has a shot.

Rob

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And guys like you and Mike are entitled to that opinion. You can also give Austin all the excuses in the world as to why he didn't finish with a top D again like so many Lions fans predicted.

It's my opinion that he is the new RR puppet, an easy get this year since he already made the rounds like year. If he's not, he will have a HC job soon and you'll be right. I think he'll get passed up again, let go by the Lions and probably go back to the Ravens or something.

The Lions definitely missed Suh's solid play inside. Austin struggled at times in short yardage and overall and those big DTs we lost are a big reason. I don't think Slay, Lawson, and Diggs would have played as well as they did had it not been for Austin. He is developing and getting the most out of the guys he's got. Give him more talent all over the field and he will build a top defense again.

If he gets a head coaching job or not does not necessarily mean he's a lousy coordinator. He does have the Lions stink on him after all!! And that is like kryptonite during head coaching interviews.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lions definitely missed Suh's solid play inside. Austin struggled at times in short yardage and overall and those big DTs we lost are a big reason. I don't think Slay, Lawson, and Diggs would have played as well as they did had it not been for Austin. He is developing and getting the most out of the guys he's got. Give him more talent all over the field and he will build a top defense again.

If he gets a head coaching job or not does not necessarily mean he's a lousy coordinator. He does have the Lions stink on him after all!! And that is like kryptonite during head coaching interviews.

He's not a lousy coordinator, but he's definitely overrated by Lions fans, but that's to be expected. What he's not is a guy other fans really want. I don't see any other fans in these cities hoping to land him as HC.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AP Source: Titans set up interview with Lions' Teryl Austin

Austin already has interviewed with Miami, Cleveland, the New York Giants and Philadelphia Eagles. Miami hired Adam Gase, and Cleveland hired Hue Jackson on Wednesday.

Last chance. The Titans also interviewed Martin Mayhew to be their new GM, so maybe Austin has a shot.

With their RR interview out of the way, the Giants have promoted OC Ben McAdoo to HC. That leaves the Eagles (who also wanted McAdoo), Titans and maybe Lions.

Rob

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
image.jpeg

I could write a mile long list of "fan favorite" coaches that sucked when they got their chance.