• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Teryl Austin wants to be next HC for Dolphins.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes all the sense in the world. I can see this happening.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions DC Teryl Austin will interview for the Dolphins and Browns' head-coaching vacancies this week.

ESPN's Josina Anderson says Austin's "preference" is to interview for the Dolphins' job first, but his schedule hasn't yet been set in stone. Austin oversaw one of the NFL's best defenses in 2014. It lost some mustard in 2015, but was still a respectable unit that got better over the course of the season. Austin also satisfies the Rooney Rule for the teams he interviews with.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions DC Teryl Austin will interview for the Dolphins and Browns' head-coaching vacancies this week.

ESPN's Josina Anderson says Austin's "preference" is to interview for the Dolphins' job first, but his schedule hasn't yet been set in stone. Austin oversaw one of the NFL's best defenses in 2014. It lost some mustard in 2015, but was still a respectable unit that got better over the course of the season. Austin also satisfies the Rooney Rule for the teams he interviews with.

Fins want Shanahan. Browns on the other hand will take whoever they can get.

This may force the Lions hand as far as who their next HC will be. Martha better get that new GM in here pronto before it is too late.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fins want Shanahan. Browns on the other hand will take whoever they can get.

This may force the Lions hand as far as who their next HC will be. Martha better get that new GM in here pronto before it is too late.

Hard to pin down your true feelings on Austin, OL. Is he an elite DC capable of gaining a HC job or just another RR clown? Seems like you're not prepared to lose him.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from what I had read last year regarding Austin and HC jobs, it was reported that the coaching staff he would hire was more a select group of "buddies" who didn't have much experience as a whole and it wasn't going over so well with GM's

I'll have to see if I kept that article.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to pin down your true feelings on Austin, OL. Is he an elite DC capable of gaining a HC job or just another RR clown? Seems like you're not prepared to lose him.

Never know who will make a good HC or not. Its trial and error really. Some of the best coordinators were terrible head coaches and vice versa. I think we were not even 100% sure if Austin was the real deal as a DC until the second half of this year. He does warrant legitimate consideration this year now. If what BB72 says is true though then he will not be going anywhere. If he figures out why he got no offers last year and puts together some names for coordinators then someone could snatch him up.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If what BB72 says is true though then he will not be going anywhere. If he figures out why he got no offers last year and puts together some names for coordinators then someone could snatch him up.

well, well, the hoarder comes through in a pinch. rainbows expected/accepted

Bad season hasn't dimmed coaching star of Lions' Austin

"(The reason) he got knocked back last year, according to the critiquing of it, was his staff," Wooten said. "And he's a typical young guy that he wanted to have a lot of his buddies that they coached with, but it doesn't work that way. When you go in there you've got to have a staff that these people know and understand can do the job. That pushed him back. But he's still right there on top of this thing."

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Mike Smith and Josh McDaniels also want to coach the Dolphins.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Mike Smith and Josh McDaniels also want to coach the Dolphins.

Suh's milkshake brings all the boys to the yard.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to imagine if McDaniels gets it Suh will murder him before the year is done

Talk about oil and water. Plus Suh HATES Brady. So I'm not sure that's a good fit.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from what I had read last year regarding Austin and HC jobs, it was reported that the coaching staff he would hire was more a select group of "buddies" who didn't have much experience as a whole and it wasn't going over so well with GM's

I'll have to see if I kept that article.
Did he learn that move from former Patriots personnel?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teryl Austin interviewing w Titans now. Popular guy again this year.