• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tebow gets a Gold Star!!!!

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What an awful article.

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who the fuck gives out gold stars.. like its damn kindergarten.. i give the guy that wronte the article a gold star for being able to write his own name.. he must have graduated from the shot bus academy..

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
short bus** dang figners.. maybe i need a gold star too...

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is pretty sad... the only way it gets worse if they give him a buckeye for his helmet.

:lol:

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you see the reasoning? Ridley had a good game and said something nice about his teammate, so Tebow is doing awesome.

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and that the Patriots were able to run the read option packages.. you know the plays design specificly for tebow.. any regular pass plays tebow fell on his face.. he didnt know what to do with the damn ball..

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he showed an improvement in his mechanics and I think he still has potential but I'll wait until the end of preseason before I give him any stars. He plays tough and if he can get his arm straightened out he can be a decent player in the right scheme. You can't view him as a player you'd plug into Brady's offense but he can be effective doing his thang like he did in Denver; and he can be better than he was at it if they can keep working on his mechanics. Without a doubt he'll give them a 150% effort to find out. I think he's making the 53 man roster.

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is it a good thing that the Pats installed read-option concepts? They've got a great stable of running backs, one of the best (maybe the best) QBs ever who, while he's getting up there in years, is not showing any signs of slowing down yet, possibly the best OL in the league and a receiving corps which, while young and inexperienced, has great promise. Our 'conventional' offense is a threat to attack every part of the field on every down while bringing enough wrinkles to keep a defense off balance. Why are we doing something else?

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Tim Tebow get a gold star. Now hear me out; on Friday night he played the most in a game than he had in a year. The Pats were able to put a read-option offense in and Tebow was able to get out there and execute it (and nobody got injured). He still has a ways to go, but his style is different than what the Pats normally do. But when he was in there, he moved the ball and made things work. For that, he gets the gold star."

Surely the gold star isn't a real gold star but it is just a way of saying a player performed well. Where in the world is a NE player going to put a real gold star?

Last edited by a moderator:

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It means that guy likes him. It's not a team thing. It's the guy making an article I'm embarrassed came from New England. He's awesome because a teammate isn't a douchebag?

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It means that guy likes him. It's not a team thing. It's the guy making an article I'm embarrassed came from New England. He's awesome because a teammate isn't a douchebag?

I didn't see the game but the guy says that Tebow moved the ball. So I guess that means he played well?

But I agree with one thing. Gold stars are for the birds. :lol:

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was 4-12 and looked worse than the numbers. He was awful in the pocket, held the ball for days (there had to be a play or two where he had ten seconds of protection and still wound up sacked), and passed up wide open receivers. He had one or two near misses and the rest were missed badly.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did keep pounding the ball some when he came in but he didn't play a huge role.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was 4-12 and looked worse than the numbers. He was awful in the pocket, held the ball for days (there had to be a play or two where he had ten seconds of protection and still wound up sacked), and passed up wide open receivers. He had one or two near misses and the rest were missed badly.

Well, he also said that Tebow needs a lot more work. From what you are saying that is obvious.

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Tebow played ok for his first time in so long and brings a new wrinkle to the Pats offense. Having to know the passing offense and then the NE option offense is tough, and something Brady doesn't have to do. Never did get the Tebow hate.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is the worst NFL QB I have ever seen step onto the field and it's not close. Clearly I will be upset that my team wants to give him another wasteful opportunity.

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
star.gif

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Tebow played ok for his first time in so long and brings a new wrinkle to the Pats offense. Having to know the passing offense and then the NE option offense is tough, and something Brady doesn't have to do. Never did get the Tebow hate.

He's got it tough and the skill set really isn't there. But the kid is a winner and he has the right attitude. That's why I like him as a backup or taxi squad QB. He isn't going to whine about riding the pine. He's just going to work harder and harder. One day his hard work might just pay off for NE in some way.

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He looked better than he did in NYJ land. I agree with his mechanics looking better. Not sure that is enough, lol. I am rooting for the kid, but he will not be cut anytime soon....so deal with it.