• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tebow gets a Gold Star!!!!

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His mechanics can look better. He can't read a defense. He took a sack because he didn't recognize a blitz. You can literally watch him going through his progressions on the TV. The fact that he can barely throw is just the icing on top - he can't read a play.

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Tebow played ok for his first time in so long and brings a new wrinkle to the Pats offense. Having to know the passing offense and then the NE option offense is tough, and something Brady doesn't have to do. Never did get the Tebow hate.

I agree.. I think the Pats could be dominant in the red zone and in short yardage situations... he is another running back .. so one blown coverage and he can hit it for a big gain.

In the red zone, let him play FB behind Brady... that gives you a triple threat and even some trick play options that aren't really that risky.

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His mechanics can look better. He can't read a defense. He took a sack because he didn't recognize a blitz. You can literally watch him going through his progressions on the TV. The fact that he can barely throw is just the icing on top - he can't read a play.

He may not have to read much defense if the Pats use him the way most think they will...

Lower you head and run... if someone if WIDE open (like nobody within 15 yards of them) throw it... else keep running and if you get hurt... oh well...

The problem is Mallet is very fragile... so those thinking Tebow won't be on the field are mistaken if he makes the team long-term unless the Pats get another 3rd string.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree.. I think the Pats could be dominant in the red zone and in short yardage situations... he is another running back .. so one blown coverage and he can hit it for a big gain.

In the red zone, let him play FB behind Brady... that gives you a triple threat and even some trick play options that aren't really that risky.

I would rather have Hoomanawanui who can actually block someone at fullback. We don't need a shitty gimmick when we have a real running game that works on its own.

He may not have to read much defense if the Pats use him the way most think they will...

Lower you head and run... if someone if WIDE open (like nobody within 15 yards of them) throw it... else keep running and if you get hurt... oh well...

The problem is Mallet is very fragile... so those thinking Tebow won't be on the field are mistaken if he makes the team long-term unless the Pats get another 3rd string.

The patriots under Belichick have only carried two QB several times. If Mallett sees the field that's not a great sign because something is wrong with Brady, but if Tebow sees the field the game is pretty much over. We're screwed.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is the worst NFL QB I have ever seen step onto the field and it's not close.

The fact that he can barely throw is just the icing on top - he can't read a play.

Tebow sees the field the game is pretty much over. We're screwed.

Lol! You cats gotta stop mixin' words here and tell it like it is ;)

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rather have Hoomanawanui who can actually block someone at fullback. We don't need a shitty gimmick when we have a real running game that works on its own.

The patriots under Belichick have only carried two QB several times. If Mallett sees the field that's not a great sign because something is wrong with Brady, but if Tebow sees the field the game is pretty much over. We're screwed.

JDM,

I know you and I have disagreed on this topic since the beginning but I do believe Tebow could be an interesting wrinkle..

And it is not even about what he accomplishes but what he does to defenses.. If Brady lines up at QB.. with Ridley and Tebow behind him... that will send the linebackers and secondary into a frenzy... and even if the play is nothing special... those linebackers will have to be a half step slower with Tebow around the ball.. .because they can't over commit to the run in case he pulls up and passes.. but if they don't commit he is strong enough to power into the endzone.

I think just the mental issues defenses would have will be an issue..

I personally am excited to see if they keep him and use him... but the dilemna is I don't think BB will show his hand in preseason if he has plans for Tebow outside the ordinary...

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he has wrinkles he won't show them. I stand behind the fact that I have never seen anyone look worse at QB than Tebow did on Friday, though. If he were to play like that in a game we have 0% chance to win.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he has wrinkles he won't show them. I stand behind the fact that I have never seen anyone look worse at QB than Tebow did on Friday, though. If he were to play like that in a game we have 0% chance to win.

chad pennington says hello. :)

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure he ever performed as poorly as Tebow just did.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't know if I've ever witnessed a person dislike a football player so much. He's not that bad. He has actually played in games where his team won.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if I've ever witnessed a person dislike a football player so much. He's not that bad. He has actually played in games where his team won.

He is bad. They rode a wave of hype to the playoffs, but that isn't replicable. He doesn't have the talent to rely on enough to even be on a roster.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got a bunch of gold stars when I was in kindergarten, you are all a bunch of star haters.

:dance:

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As far as i know Tebow has a winning record as a starting QB. If he was like Ryan leaf or Jamarcus Russel, i'd agree that Tebow is the worst i've seen, but those two were far worse.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got a bunch of gold stars when I was in kindergarten, you are all a bunch of star haters.

:dance:

My teachers still do gold stars.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pennington threw the worst football ive ever seen. i cannot think of anyone that threw a slower lame duck pass than him. the only reason he could play at all was cuz he had a brain. he was the most unathletic, injury prone thanks to being naturally clumsy, with zero leadership skills, who threw the worst looking football in the history of the league. i would take tebow as my qb anyday over pennington, shoot id rather have wilfork play qb than him. just thinking about chad pennington makes me angry and sick to my stomach.

mcro_rave_2001

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pennington threw the worst football ive ever seen. i cannot think of anyone that threw a slower lame duck pass than him. the only reason he could play at all was cuz he had a brain. he was the most unathletic, injury prone thanks to being naturally clumsy, with zero leadership skills, who threw the worst looking football in the history of the league. i would take tebow as my qb anyday over pennington, shoot id rather have wilfork play qb than him. just thinking about chad pennington makes me angry and sick to my stomach.

why, he spent most of his time sucking for teams that you played twice a year.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Things he does better than Tebow:

1. Get the ball where it's going.
2. Read a defense.
3. Understand an offense.
4. Make a decision instead of freezing in the pocket of perfect protection.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why, he spent most of his time sucking for teams that you played twice a year.

exactly we had to watch his ugly face and horrible game every season twice. it started to wear on me i couldnt understand how this guy was starting just make him go away. the yets could of had joe montana starting and they still would lose to us so it didnt matter, i just couldnt take watching pennington anymore. lol

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things he does better than Tebow:

1. Get the ball where it's going.

2. Read a defense.

3. Understand an offense.

4. Make a decision instead of freezing in the pocket of perfect protection.

didnt win him very much. besides his brain he has everything you dont look for in a qb. tebow is a leader guys would go to war with him. pennington couldnt get a starving man in the desert to follow him around if he offered him a t-bone steak. tebow can run the football and is incredibly durable. pennington couldnt run anywhere and all he did was trip over his own feet and break his own limbs. mallett throws the football around 60 mph. tebow throws it around 45 mph (though it might go in the stands). pennington threw the football a dreaded 7 mph (and that was with the wind at his back). hes not perfect but tebow has some good qualities as a qb. not the worst i seen. that would be pennington. i hate chad pennington!!