• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tebow gets a Gold Star!!!!

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pennington was a million times what Tebow is. You can't be a leader if you can't play and don't understand basic schemes. Where exactly are people following you?

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pennington was a million times what Tebow is. You can't be a leader if you can't play and don't understand basic schemes. Where exactly are people following you?

well tebow isnt a pocketpassing qb so saying pennington is ten times better isnt saying much. thats like saying the 31st ranked team in the league is better than the 32nd ranked team. they still suck, pennington was one of the worst pocketpassing qbs ive ever seen. if you get tebow in an offense tailored to his skills he is pretty good, the broncos did it and went to the playoffs. the pats ran some tebow specific plays like qb draws with tebow and he did make plays. the problem is everyone trying to turn him into brady and that aint gunna work. pennington wouldnt be better than tebow at running a read option qb draw type offense thats for sure. id rather have tebow running a denver style qb run offense than pennington playing a traditional pocketpassing qb offense. it would probably be more successful than penningtons crappy career.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You will never be a legitimate contender with a quarterback who can't throw. Never. It's not possible.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You will never be a legitimate contender with a quarterback who can't throw. Never. It's not possible.

i agree pocketpassing qbs are the way to go and they win championships. scrambling qbs might win you one everynow and then but they generally are not successful in the nfl. you need a good pocketpassing qb though, someone like pennington aint winning you shit even though hes a "passing" qb. if i had my choice between pennington and tebow i would go with tebow running an offense tailored to him, denver style read option, instead of taking pennington and running a treditional offense. i honestly believe a tebow lead team tailored to his skills would be more successful than a pennington led one. even though its not the best way to play until you find youself a brady, brees, rodgers, manning i would roll with tebow instead of pennington thats for sure. denver had pretty good success with tebow, if the didnt have a chance at manning he probably still be there and playing well in that funky offense.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wouldn't be. It served it's purpose, and the patriots with a terrible d exposed the shit out of it.

You could win a Super Bowl with Pennington. Your team would have to be good but you could do it. It is not possible with Tebow. It can't happen.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wouldn't be. It served it's purpose, and the patriots with a terrible d exposed the shit out of it.

You could win a Super Bowl with Pennington. Your team would have to be good but you could do it. It is not possible with Tebow. It can't happen.

lets not forget it was basically tebows rookie year and first time playing and brady is a ten year vet with playoff experience out the rear i didnt expect the broncos to win no matter what offense they were running. the steelers certainly didnt expose it the week before in the playoffs. pats are just damn good and that fraud denver defense was what got really exposed. their cupcake schedule was a joke. that team was overated just like it is this year, you would need more time than one season to get that read option offense going. i agree its never gunna be as good as a type of offense like ours with brady but i do think if you got the right qb to run like a tebow it can be successful, you might win a sb. all i know is it would be more successful than running a scrub offense with pennington, he would never win you a sb and he didnt, he played on good defensive teams to boot.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All in all Tebow is a good taxi squad QB. Chances are that he will never see the field of play during the season. And like JDM says, if he does get in there the season is pretty well lost anyway.

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lets not forget it was basically tebows rookie year and first time playing and brady is a ten year vet with playoff experience out the rear i didnt expect the broncos to win no matter what offense they were running. the steelers certainly didnt expose it the week before in the playoffs.

Agree, the problem I have with a thread like this is it becomes very difficult to differentiate between those comments that are based on logic or solid opinion, vs. those that are just based on pure hate for Tebow... and the large grey area in between.

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one its not tebows rookie year.. he was a starter, he made it to the playoffs.. had the throw of his life and won the game.. he couldnt crack the lineup for the jets.. not because he was held down or held back cause they didnt want him on the team.. because he couldnt do the job..

i dont hate tebow. i admire his work ethic and his postitive attitude,plus his moral standing.. but as a qb you need to be able to make and understand the offense.. he just can not handle that part of the game.

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think i misread it and were talking about the preseason game as his "rookie" mistakes.. so for that i applogize.. but my critisism is still true..

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of that is the issue. The offense got shit stomped by a very bad defense. The only reason it was marginally successful in the first place is because it was his first year and because it was new. When you don't have to seriously defend the pass, the worst defense in NFL history will have a field day.

Bruschi_Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why Tim Tebow Was Shown The Door After Going 7-4

Hello everyone - Tim Tebow is going to be shown the door here too if not after the initial 53 is announced then at some point in the near future. He is not good enough to make this team considering the needs at other positions, including in the defensive secondary and on the defensive line.

Anyway, in response to Mike Salk's piece at weei where he said "And he (Tebow) finds himself in plenty of close contests because he can keep his team falling out of them early."

I present to you Tim Tebow and his 2011 campaign:

Tim Tebow's Game 1: Broncos beat Miami 18-15 in overtime. Tebow goes 13-27, 161, 2 scores. The Broncos appeared beaten when they trailed 15-0 with 5:23 left and took over at their 20. At that point Tebow was 4 for 14 for 40 yards, and Denver was 0 for 10 on third-down conversions.

“It’s my fault that we were in that position in the first place,” Tebow said. “I just have to play better in the first three quarters so we don’t have to make that comeback.”

Miami was 0-5 entering this game.

Tebow Game #2: The next week, the Lions (10-6) blew out the Broncos at Denver 45-10 and improved to 5-2. The Broncos fell to 2-5.

“Just got to improve and get better and come out with a little bit more juice,” Tebow said.

Back to the drawing board for the 2-5 Broncos.

Tebow Game #3: Following the blowout loss to the Lions, the Broncos, on the heels of two Tim Tebow and two Willis McGahee touchdowns, blew out the Raiders (4-4) in Oakland 38-24. Tim Tebow was 10-21 for 124 passing yards and 121 rushing yards.

"I thought he improved throwing the ball,” Fox said. “I think he’s always run the ball pretty effectively. He’s very competitive by nature. You see evidence of that. Now it’s just learning how to be an NFL quarterback. In my opinion he’s gotten better each time out.”

The Raiders had the 4th worst team defense in 2011.

Tebow Game #4: Following what became the beginning of a modest 6-game winning streak, Tebow went 2-8 for 69 yards and 1 passing touchdown along with 43 rushing yards and a rushing touchdown en route to a 17-10 win against a Kansas City Chiefs (4-5) team that did not have Jamaal Charles.

“We had some good things going with the running game, and back and forth with different backs,” Tebow said. “I’m a football player first, before quarterback. Whatever we can to do win games.”

Tebow Game #5: On a short week, the Broncos ran their winning streak to three at home against the New York Jets after Tim Tebow scored on a 20-yard run after the Jets lost containment on a LOS running play en route to a 17-13 win.

Tebow was 9-20, 104 passing yards, and 68 rushing yards. “We played them well, through the whole game, until that last play,” Darrelle Revis(notes) said.

“That’s why I wanted to be a quarterback since I was 6 years old, watching guys like John Elway and Steve Young have game-winning drives,” Tebow said.John Elway traded Tebow in the off-season and drafted a rookie to back-up in-coming quarterback Peyton Manning.

Tebow Game #6: The Broncos went on the road and beat the Chargers (4-7) 16-13 on the heels of three Matt Prater field goals including his game winning field goal with 29 seconds left in overtime.

“This is a special team, a special team when you have a bunch of guys that when things aren’t going good we get closer instead of pulling apart,” said Tebow, who grates on some people because he’s openly religious. “The No. 1 reason we are like that is because we believe in each other, we believe in the coaching staff.”

Tebow was 9-18, 143 passing yards, 1 passing score and 67 rushing yards on 22 attempts.

Tebow Game #7: In Tebow's best game as a professional, the Broncos held off the 2-9 Minnesota Vikings 35-32 as he went 10-15 for 202 passing yards and two Demaryius Thomas touchdowns.

“I know I have been saying this for the past couple weeks but I’m so proud to have a team like this,” said Tebow, who posted a career-high passer rating of 149.3. “When adversity hits and you’re not doing good, most teams pull apart and they’re not on the same page anymore. But our team grows closer together.”

Tebow’s NFL career high is 308 yards passing, against Houston on Dec. 26, 2010.

Tebow Game #8: Tebow followed up last week's performance with another solid performance in their win against the Caleb Hanie-led Chicago Bears. The Broncos have won seven of its last eight, and six of those wins have involved second-half comebacks, five of them necessitating fourth-quarter rallies, three of which went to overtime.

“If you believe,” Tebow said, “then unbelievable things can sometimes be possible.”

Tebow went 21-40, 236 yards and a score.

Tebow Games 9, 10, and 11:

After the Broncos were blown out by the Patriots (41-23) and the Bills (40-14), the Broncos were facing a must-win in order to clinch the AFC West and lost to the Kansas City Chiefs at home 7-3. Tebow was 6-22 for 60 passing yards and no scores.

The Broncos won the AFC West after the Raiders failed to seal the deal when they lost to the Chargers 38-26.

''It's obviously a little bittersweet right now,'' Tebow said. ''We would have loved to have won that game to have a little momentum going into the playoffs. But I think it's still a special thing what we accomplished, to come back and win the AFC West is very special.''

The point I am making is that I can count three games on this 11-game run where Tim Tebow was not the leading reason why the Broncos ended winning the games that it won following its bye week.

So, when someone says "And he finds himself in plenty of close contests because he can keep his team falling out of them early" that is just a bald face non-truth.

If it wasn't for the Broncos defense and the quality of their opponents - Tebow, as a starting quarterback, could have easily gone 4-7.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Elway:
First year in Denver 10 games started: 7 Tds 14 Ints
Second year 14 games: 18 Tds 15 Ints
26 games played 25 Tds and 29 Ints

Tim Tebow:
First year in Denver nine games played: 5 Tds 3 Ints
Second year 14 games 12 Tds 6 Ints
23 games played: 17 Tds 9 Ints

Tebow played three fewer games and had 7 fewer Tds with 20 fewer Ints.

A case can be made in favor of Tebow's play over Elway's mediocre start. In fact, Elway had mediocre stats over the next seven years. In his tenth year Elway had 10 Tds and 17 Ints.

Last edited by a moderator:

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correction to the last post...

Elway played 24 games in his first two years so Tebow played only one fewer game.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Elway:

First year in Denver 10 games started: 7 Tds 14 Ints

Second year 14 games: 18 Tds 15 Ints

26 games played 25 Tds and 29 Ints

Tim Tebow:

First year in Denver nine games played: 5 Tds 3 Ints

Second year 14 games 12 Tds 6 Ints

23 games played: 17 Tds 9 Ints

Tebow played three fewer games and had 7 fewer Tds with 20 fewer Ints.

A case can be made in favor of Tebow's play over Elway's mediocre start. In fact, Elway had mediocre stats over the next seven years. In his tenth year Elway had 10 Tds and 17 Ints.

BOOM!

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
elway is a good comparison he played that bootleg rollout scramble offense to perfection. i think you could tailor an offense to tebow and he would deffinitly be pretty good.

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the difference is Elway had good qb mechanics.. people ahve been trying to teach this to tebow for years.. it still hasnt stuck..

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's interesting that you chose to compare him to one of the more overrated QBs ever.