• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Teams That Can Still Make The Playoff

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Updated as of 11/8. The ACC is done. Popping UM back onto the list since MSU shit the bed and reopened their path to the B1G Championship. Yall can argue all you want, but this is the definitive list.

AAC
Cincinnati

Big 12
Oklahoma
Oklahoma St

Big 10
Michigan
Michigan St
Ohio St

Independents
Notre Dame

Pac-12
Oregon

SEC
Georgia
Alabama

As far as how it plays out:

If UGA beats Bama....
1.UGA
2 1-loss B1G winner
3. Oregon
4. 1-loss Big 12 winner
5. Undefeated Cinci
6. Bama
7. Notre Dame

If Bama beats UGA...
1. Bama
2. 1-loss B1G winner
3. Georgia
4. Oregon
5. 1-loss Big 12 winner
6. Undefeated Cinci
7. Notre Dame
There is not going to be a 1 loss big 12 winner

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is not going to be a 1 loss big 12 winner
Maybe the committee thought winning a close game against Tulane was like a loss? Maybe the committee is taking past playoff performances into account. Maybe they are awarding teams that schedule powerhouse OOC games. Obviously winning against a top 5 team weighs more than a bad loss.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the committee thought winning a close game against Tulane was like a loss? Maybe the committee is taking past playoff performances into account. Maybe they are awarding teams that schedule powerhouse OOC games. Obviously winning against a top 5 team weighs more than a bad loss.
Oklahoma has as good of a record of scheduling out of conference as anyone, better than almost all. Just the way it worked out this year. And we will see how it ends up.

TheLonestarDUCK

Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol
It does if between those two OSU had the only loss.

In my book and many others, that Stanford loss should have them down at 6-7.

Bama and OSU have better losses
What about better wins???? Chicken & egg!!!!

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol
It does if between those two OSU had the only loss.

In my book and many others, that Stanford loss should have them down at 6-7.

Bama and OSU have better losses

If Oregon and Ohio State finish with the same record, and they played each other...there's no reason to use any metric other than head to head.

"Better loss" only matters when teams haven't played each other.

Slag

Boots. And Blood
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Win is a win. A loss to a non ranked team is a bad loss. No way should Oregon be that high. No matter is OU wins out they will leap frog both OSU and Oregon CINCI.
Then the crying will begin. I hope GA mops the floor with AL then that final spot will be a hot debate. Then again if Ga looses to AL
Makes the entire conversation worse.

TheLonestarDUCK

Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Win is a win. A loss to a non ranked team is a bad loss. No way should Oregon be that high. No matter is OU wins out they will leap frog both OSU and Oregon CINCI.
Then the crying will begin. I hope GA mops the floor with AL then that final spot will be a hot debate. Then again if Ga looses to AL
Being in playoffs is cool. But Georgia beats either one of us by 2-3 scores AT LEAST

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Eh, Oregon was ranked ahead of an undefeated, defending national champ Florida State in the 2014 CFP Rankings. OU will be ranked higher if they impress in these upcoming games, but if they limp through them they might end up at #4.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At some point OU has to win a flipping playoff game

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about better wins???? Chicken & egg!!!!
ok.

Let me try this again.

Let's say the Ducks are #2 in the rankings right before the Stanford game. OSU is #3. The Stanford loss happens.

What happens? Come on, you can say it.

It's plainly obvious that a bad loss doesn't matter in the least. Or should I say, it only matters for some teams. There is clear unequal biases at play in rankings............. I think some computer metrics should be more inserted into the rankings.........

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not so sure. Probably won't happen this year, and they'll be hard pressed to make it when they join the SEC.
^ this exactly. IMHO, TX & OU heading to the SEC, in their eyes should be a double edged sword........... Both of them are going to have a much harder time going undefeated or even 11-1. Wait till LSU, Auburn, & Florida, get back to elite status, they will. And GA, bama, and A&M are obviously there. not to mention, there are 3-4 other dangerous teams......... Whereas staying in the Big 12 they had a big time easier route to get to 12-0 or 11-1....... I look forward to them realizing a reality.

But I can see it now, with the new makeup of that conference, pollsters will start saying that 2 or 3 losses deserves to be "in" over 1 loss teams from other conferences........

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree on the ducks........

OU. They'll jump some teams, but not all.......... OU didn't have just one game they looked weak. They had 4 or 5 games. And that Texas win is looking less and less impressive as time goes on........

I hope the committee isn't trying to set up a scenario that they twist 27 ways in trying to get 2 SEC teams in. You could postulate that that is what they are trying to set up with bama at 2. what if bama beats GA by 3 pts or less in the champ game? :mad2::mad2::mad2:

Slag

Boots. And Blood
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ this exactly. IMHO, TX & OU heading to the SEC, in their eyes should be a double edged sword........... Both of them are going to have a much harder time going undefeated or even 11-1. Wait till LSU, Auburn, & Florida, get back to elite status, they will. And GA, bama, and A&M are obviously there. not to mention, there are 3-4 other dangerous teams......... Whereas staying in the Big 12 they had a big time easier route to get to 12-0 or 11-1....... I look forward to them realizing a reality.

But I can see it now, with the new makeup of that conference, pollsters will start saying that 2 or 3 losses deserves to be "in" over 1 loss teams from other conferences........
Maybe. OU has a pretty good record against the SEC just not in the CFB. The GA was a great game. but I think they will like the competition. Recruiting will be better and they are doing pretty well with that now. I wanted them in the SEC years ago.