• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Teams That Can Still Make The Playoff

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. I guess it's possible I made a mistake since I am indeed human, but I feel confident that I'm either right or very close to it at least. I used the rankings according to what it said on Wikipedia. So it's based off their knowledge as well.
Rankings going into the bowl games or EOS rankings?

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow
Stanford looks incredibly bad. Seriously.
Utah is just pushing them around
How could a playoff team lose to this clusterfuck of a team???
:dhd::L:pound:

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow
Stanford looks incredibly bad. Seriously.
Utah is just pushing them around
How could a playoff team lose to this clusterfuck of a team???
:dhd::L:pound:
You could say how could a team lose to a team that lost to Stanford. When they didn’t have 3 defensive starters and the projected #1 pick in the NFL draft? That’s why they play the games.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
52-7 Utah

Did the big star defensive player play in that game??

Lmao
Game day is at Cincinnati. Panel is talking about the ducks…. Crowd chanting Stanford.

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the real list:

ACC - Wake Forest
Big10 - Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State
Big12 - Baylor, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State
Pac12 - Oregon
SEC - Alabama, Georgia
Indy - Notre Dame

Cincinnati, UTSA, and Houston cannot get in. They do not play a Power Five schedule.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the real list:

ACC - Wake Forest
Big10 - Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State
Big12 - Baylor, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State
Pac12 - Oregon
SEC - Alabama, Georgia
Indy - Notre Dame

Cincinnati, UTSA, and Houston cannot get in. They do not play a Power Five schedule.
Didn't Cincinnati beat Notre Lame?

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PSU, hardly the BIG's best this year, beat Auburn, remember. You keep trying to ignore that fact?

Less than the best B1G teams whooping up on Auburn is getting to be a habit, lol.
Auburn sucks when they play Oklahoma or a good Big 10 team. Tennessee sucks against Oklahoma, too; but seems to hold up pretty well against Big 10 teams - and Tennessee has been a bottom feeder in the SEC for several years.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notre Dame does not schedule patsies at any time. NO FCS teams, ever. Historically, Stanford, Southern Cal, 2 Big Tens (usually MSU, Mich, Purdue, Northwestern and this year Wisc. a few years ago Ohio State), two Group 5 teams (always Navy and one other) a Big 12 or an Independent, or a third Pac 12 or Big 12, and now 5 ACC on a rotating basis.
Schedules are made 5 years or more in advance and are against with historically good programs. Wisconsin was not scheduled with an easy win in mind. I will say that all FCS teams are scheduled with easy wins in mind regardless of when the schedule is confirmed. Doubtful that any SEC team will be scheduling North Dakota State to an home and home anytime soon.

Strength of schedule is a crap shoot. Somewhere in the early 2000s , Southern Cal missed out on one of the early CF playoffs because their strength of schedule was hurt because ND was 3 and 9. Either the year before or the year after, their strength of schedule took a big jump because ND was either 10-2 or 9-3. So in neither case did SC schedule ND as an easy win, but was penalized for NDs out of the norm poor season.
Notre Dame used to schedule Army & Navy every year when neither of the service academies was any good. the Army game eventually went away. Some years they also scheduled Air Force, which has never been a powerhouse, but did have a few good years during one stretch. They also used to play Purdue & Michigan St. every year when those teams did good to win 4 or 5 games per season; but that was understandable since they were regional rivals. When Michigan St. finally started playing well again I always got a kick out of watching them play Notre Dame. The Michigan series was fun, too, while it lasted. Playing 5 ACC teams each year can be challenging when they get the right mix of teams, but there's rarely more than one or two teams other than Clemson from that league that are worthy opponents. I'm not sure there are any this year.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MSU isn't out, but they lost any wiggle room they may have had.

They'll need help + winning out themselves.

Ron G

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notre Dame used to schedule Army & Navy every year when neither of the service academies was any good. the Army game eventually went away. Some years they also scheduled Air Force, which has never been a powerhouse, but did have a few good years during one stretch. They also used to play Purdue & Michigan St. every year when those teams did good to win 4 or 5 games per season; but that was understandable since they were regional rivals. When Michigan St. finally started playing well again I always got a kick out of watching them play Notre Dame. The Michigan series was fun, too, while it lasted. Playing 5 ACC teams each year can be challenging when they get the right mix of teams, but there's rarely more than one or two teams other than Clemson from that league that are worthy opponents. I'm not sure there are any this year.
Well, then there should be a push to not consider the ACC a Power 5.
Of course they stopped scheduling Army, but Navy will be an opponent as long as Navy and Notre Dame play football. They always schedule a Big 10, this year Purdue and Wisconsin. Originally, Wisconsin was scheduled for last year at Lambeau Field.
The 2024 schedule is here:
  • Aug. 26 vs. Navy at Aviva Stadium, Dublin, Ireland
  • Sept. 16 vs. Central Michigan (story)
  • Sept. 23 vs. Ohio State
  • Oct. 14 vs. USC
  • Oct. 28 vs. Wake Forest
  • Nov. 4 at Clemson
  • Nov. 11
  • Nov. 25 at Stanford
  • at North Carolina State
  • at Duke
  • at Louisville
  • vs. Pittsburgh

Slag

Boots. And Blood
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1-ga
2-bama
3-organ. If they win
4-OSU
5-cincy

Now it’s time to be a Hoosier fan. :D
No way.
Cincy is out after that game. Oregon doesn’t even belong there losing to Stanford. Your boys did as well as OU did. Right now it’s gonna be a fight for the #4 slot.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do I have to fact check your numbers? I started fact checking Huskerboy's numbers and he had two mistakes in the first two years I checked.

How'd that fact checking do?

B10 awesome or is the SEC still kicking the shit out of us?

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way.
Cincy is out after that game. Oregon doesn’t even belong there losing to Stanford. Your boys did as well as OU did. Right now it’s gonna be a fight for the #4 slot.

You seem to be confused. The Stanford game was weeks ago and Oregon was ranked #4. The Stanford loss isn't going to drop the Ducks any further.