• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Teams looking at Jim Tomsula as head coach

RedneckNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will be painf to see him leave but good on him if he makes it. The ignorance of blaming him for the inabitily for the Niners to get a pass rush when they blitz rarely is just ignorance. The only coordinator I am really having issues with is Roman... the offensive going conservative irks me. Maybe they have their reasons but I think Roman goes from creative to Jimmy Raye way too early in games.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will be painf to see him leave but good on him if he makes it. The ignorance of blaming him for the inabitily for the Niners to get a pass rush when they blitz rarely is just ignorance. The only coordinator I am really having issues with is Roman... the offensive going conservative irks me. Maybe they have their reasons but I think Roman goes from creative to Jimmy Raye way too early in games.

It is like when people criticize our quarterbacks for not getting a lot of total passing yards when we run a lot and our YPA is high. Kaepernick's YPA is 7.5 and Alex's was 8.0. If we passed more, we would have gotten more yards. In Smith's case, if he passed more here his YPA would probably go down a bit but the total number would go up.

I wish both Kaepernick and Smith threw the ball six more times each last year. Both had 218 passes and to be on the stat list they had to have 224 passes. Smith's quarterback rating was top 3 and Kaepernick was top 8. Wouldn't that have been cool to have two quarterbacks in the top 10?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For example...

San Francisco 49ers Offense (24th in YPG, 13th in EPA PG)
The San Francisco 49ers defense is the main strength of the team no matter what stat you use, but if you just looked at the yardage numbers, it would be appear that the team was succeeding in spite of the offense.

Part of the reason is the 49ers offense is one of the slowest in the league, averaging 40.6 seconds between line-of-scrimmage plays, fourth-most in the NFL. As a result, the 49ers average just 60 snaps per game, second-fewest in the league, and therefore it makes sense they don’t rack up quite as many yards as other teams with more plays.

The underrated units of the NFL playoffs - ESPN