• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Teams looking at Jim Tomsula as head coach

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL teams reportedly starting background work on Jim Tomsula for potential head coaching jobs Jim Tomsula could be drawing head coach interest from teams soon - Niners Nation

Source: 49ers' Jim Tomsula could get head-coach looks - ESPN

This would be a huge loss if we end up losing him. It's probably over due though, I'm surprised we were able to keep him this long. Would love to see what he can accomplish with Okoye

This is like giving your blessings for your daughter to move to another state to do her dream job and/or marry their stupid stealing-your-baby, I mean, loving boyfriend. You want her to be happy, but part of you wants to say "no, go to your room young lady" (live in your own house close to us).

Of course, this is a loose analogy. I'd much rather Tomsula leave the Niners for a HC job than my daughters moving away.

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happened to all that Roman talk from last year?

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This is like giving your blessings for your daughter to move to another state to do her dream job and/or marry their stupid stealing-your-baby, I mean, loving boyfriend. You want her to be happy, but part of you wants to say "no, go to your room young lady" (live in your own house close to us).

Of course, this is a loose analogy. I'd much rather Tomsula leave the Niners for a HC job than my daughters moving away.

lol

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nooooo Not Tomsuuulaaa!

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I don't really see him getting a HC job this season. Maybe somebody gives him an opportunity to be their DC, but there are better candidates out there. Tomsula just doesn't strike me as a guy that teams would look to in terms of turning around their QB situation. One job that he may have a chance at is with the Lions. However, that's only if he could bring along Roman or somebody else to help motivate Stafford. Most GM's are looking for coaches that can help fix their QB situations.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fine with Tomsula leaving. We have way too much talent in our front seven to be this shitty at getting to the passer. I'd be happy with a guy who understood how to design and employ an effective blitz package and wasn't afraid to be aggressive.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fine with Tomsula leaving. We have way too much talent in our front seven to be this shitty at getting to the passer. I'd be happy with a guy who understood how to design and employ an effective blitz package and wasn't afraid to be aggressive.

I fail to see how that would be Tomsula's problem. He doesn't make the play calls.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes I still think Tomsula is Greg Manusky.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fail to see how that would be Tomsula's problem. He doesn't make the play calls.

He doesn't teaach technique well or he has dumb students, one or the other, because they are horrendous at pressuring the passer. I blame Tomsula.

bigninerfan56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't teaach technique well or he has dumb students, one or the other, because they are horrendous at pressuring the passer. I blame Tomsula.

He's a DL coach for a 3-4 defense. Usually not going to have a ton of sacks coming from the DL in that alignment.

Justin Smith has 6.5 sacks, Dorsey has 2, and Ray Mac as 3.5. Those aren't terrible numbers imo.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a DL coach for a 3-4 defense. Usually not going to have a ton of sacks coming from the DL in that alignment.

Justin Smith has 6.5 sacks, Dorsey has 2, and Ray Mac as 3.5. Those aren't terrible numbers imo.

Their play against the pass the last few games has been horrendous. Quarterbacks just sittin back there surveying the field. Its gonna kill us in Green Bay if it doesn't change.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their play against the pass the last few games has been horrendous. Quarterbacks just sittin back there surveying the field. Its gonna kill us in Green Bay if it doesn't change.

I swear you have no clue. 3-4 defense means that our DL's job is to take on double teams. The LBs are the pass rushers primarily. But go ahead, keep having an idiotic knee jerk reaction to two games.

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um... its a 3-4. DL generally dont get many sacks in this system. Their job is mainly to take on double teams and and disrupt the pocket. That is my understanding anyway.

And at any rate Tomsula Coaches them up. he doesnt call or design plays. Considering the Niners has one of the better front 7 in the league, I dont think many people will agree with you on this one.

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I don't really see him getting a HC job this season. Maybe somebody gives him an opportunity to be their DC, but there are better candidates out there. Tomsula just doesn't strike me as a guy that teams would look to in terms of turning around their QB situation. One job that he may have a chance at is with the Lions. However, that's only if he could bring along Roman or somebody else to help motivate Stafford. Most GM's are looking for coaches that can help fix their QB situations.

I agree. He is known to be a great position coach and well liked. I think he deserves a chance and could do well if he gets some good offensive coaches, but there isnt enough hype behind his name to get a Head Coaching job somewhere, imo. So I am not too worried that he will be leaving this off season But if it does happen I would be sad but happy cause I think he deserves a Head coaching opportunity

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Someone please tell me Tomsula is part Native-American or something. Or maybe he's 100% full-blown Mexican like Ron Burgundy? :hope:

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

And you call yourself a Niner fan?!?

I think it would be great if Tomsula got a job. Seems like a great guy and hard worker, and would probably have some good press conferences. Not good for the Niners of course, but I trust Harbaugh's ability to bring in new good coaches no matter who they lose....and will probably lose a couple going forward.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you call yourself a Niner fan?!?

I think it would be great if Tomsula got a job. Seems like a great guy and hard worker, and would probably have some good press conferences. Not good for the Niners of course, but I trust Harbaugh's ability to bring in new good coaches no matter who they lose....and will probably lose a couple going forward.

I don't think the Niners would miss a beat losing their defensive line coach. They are a dime a dozen.

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the Niners would miss a beat losing their defensive line coach. They are a dime a dozen.

Not DL coaches like Tomsula. He is a valued coach and a great leader on that D-line. I dont see Ray Mac being as good as he is without him imo