• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Talib

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry no links - but I read in a number of articles that Talib would be a salary cap cut target on the Broncos. I think when you control an elite CB for $10 mil - you have a value in this market. Talib had a heck of a season. If the Broncos cut Talib - I will tend to read it like they don't think they can repeat as champions. Talib is a triple threat - he is a very good cover guy - he is tough and strong - and he is a ballhawk with a nose for the end zone. Next year when you have to pay Roby -that's when you start looking for options from Talib or a discount.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry no links - but I read in a number of articles that Talib would be a salary cap cut target on the Broncos. I think when you control an elite CB for $10 mil - you have a value in this market. Talib had a heck of a season. If the Broncos cut Talib - I will tend to read it like they don't think they can repeat as champions. Talib is a triple threat - he is a very good cover guy - he is tough and strong - and he is a ballhawk with a nose for the end zone. Next year when you have to pay Roby -that's when you start looking for options from Talib or a discount.

Bradley Roby will not be a FA til 2019
6/10/2014: Signed a four-year, $6.95 million contract. The deal included a $3.376 million signing bonus. 2016: $1,052,048, 2017: $1,018,072 (+ $350,000 roster bonus), 2018: Club Option, 2019: Free Agent

I think they keep Talib.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen some of those same reports and have been surprised there would even be a discussion about cutting him.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
heck if you really wanted to save bucks that badly have him return puts and kick offs ..

Still you need to replace Talib you lose $3 in dead money .. save a lousy $6

This one is really easy keep him this years FA DB's are going to be making huge bucks

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talib is right up there with Von Miller as far as his importance to this team ... We are not talking about a rotational player, or a guy who has a role along a line

He is out there on an island, and he flat out won games this season for us

Roby is excellent in his role, but he is not Talib - and in all fairness to Roby, not too many guys are

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think cutting Talib is likely this season. You've still got two more years of Roby under contract, and there are plenty of other guys you can cut that would provide more cap space and be easier to replace.

Now next year, the Broncos will owe Talib (who will be 31) $11 million, with a dead money hit of $2 million if he's cut. That's when I think you seriously consider cutting him.

If they keep him for 2017, then he'll almost certainly be gone after that season.

jdlewis777

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question may be his personality. He walks the line... Hard to say how his antics and personality are viewed inside those walls. Maybe it's the edginess we needed, maybe it's borderline stupidity we can live without.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think cutting Talib is likely this season. You've still got two more years of Roby under contract, and there are plenty of other guys you can cut that would provide more cap space and be easier to replace.

Now next year, the Broncos will owe Talib (who will be 31) $11 million, with a dead money hit of $2 million if he's cut. That's when I think you seriously consider cutting him.

If they keep him for 2017, then he'll almost certainly be gone after that season.

If you include the 5th year option you still have Roby for 3 more years. I agree Talib stays this year but next year possibility he is cut although Broncos don't have quite as many big signings next year as they do this year so maybe they figure keep the band together again.

Ware to me is the guy that is going to be a tough decision. Obviously leadership wise you love the guy and he still has some quality play in him. Having a 1st round pick that you really like behind him though and another guy in Shaq that you like is where this gets tough. Throw in while Ware does have some left in the tank he is also starting to break down and needs to be more a part of a rotation than big time starter. Do you really wanting to be paying a guy that is a rotation piece $11.7 million a year when you have so many other quality young starters up for contract?