• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Deadline Strategy

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hesitant on him before, but even more so now. WAY too many moving parts. And we see now that if everything isn’t moving perfectly, it all comes crashing down. Whoever signs him, from a baseball POV, will be SCREWED.
He's an elite hitter. He will pitch again.

I can't see being 'screwed.' Altho, if the phuking doyers sign him, then I hope you're right.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohtani will need surgery to repair the elbow because he’ll have to throw and thus he’ll lose a year to rehab. Can’t even hit. Maybe the Giants would be willing to pay him just to do that. The Nets paid Durant to sit for a year but then he still wound up wanting out.

I think he gets $500/10 from someone.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohtani will need surgery to repair the elbow because he’ll have to throw and thus he’ll lose a year to rehab. Can’t even hit. Maybe the Giants would be willing to pay him just to do that. The Nets paid Durant to sit for a year but then he still wound up wanting out.

I think he gets $500/10 from someone.
Not true. He did hit all of 2019 after undergoing TJ surgery on October 1st, 2018. He played in 106 games that year as the Angels' DH.

What I'd like to know is if that is part of the reason why he may well have to undergo the same surgery 5 years later.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not true. He did hit all of 2019 after undergoing TJ surgery on October 1st, 2018. He played in 106 games that year as the Angels' DH.

What I'd like to know is if that is part of the reason why he may well have to undergo the same surgery 5 years later.
Could be. I'm reading he's been told to completely rest next year to allow the second TJ to heal.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patrick Bailey has moved into the lead in both Catcher Framing Runs (+11) and strike rate (52.3%) among qualified catchers according to Baseball Savant. He also leads all catchers in the SABR Defensive Index (+10.1), which accounts for 25% of the Gold Glove vote.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be. I'm reading he's been told to completely rest next year to allow the second TJ to heal.
And that may be. I read that he is already looking for a 2nd opinion on how to move forward with the injury. I do wonder if his agent will want him to shut down now and get the surgery right away or continue to have him showcase his hitting prowess the rest of the season. I guess it really depends on whether Ohtani really wants to hit next year while recovering or if he feels that his long term pitching is more dependent on him taking the year off.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patrick Bailey has moved into the lead in both Catcher Framing Runs (+11) and strike rate (52.3%) among qualified catchers according to Baseball Savant. He also leads all catchers in the SABR Defensive Index (+10.1), which accounts for 25% of the Gold Glove vote.
He also leads all catchers in Baseball Prospectus' Catching Defense Added (+17.9) by a comfortable margin. And FWIW the Giants have the 4th-best ERA (3.73) in baseball since he debuted on 5/19. The case for Bailey winning a Gold Glove should be a strong one.

Sandisfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a torn rotator cuff I used to Be able to throw about 65 MPH! lol, now even less and can't throw even half of the distance can't throw but I can swing a bat just as well as I did before and don't feel any pain from rotator. It doesn't feel like the rotator is involved in hitting as far it feels for me. I am not a doctor nor have I stayed in a Holiday Express. :brick:

P.S. Never had it fixed hurt it around 35 years old and wasn't playing any throw activities wish it was well but can live without throwing. :)
P.S. Not sure it's the same injury as Otani

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a torn rotator cuff I used to Be able to throw about 65 MPH! lol, now even less and can't throw even half of the distance can't throw but I can swing a bat just as well as I did before and don't feel any pain from rotator. It doesn't feel like the rotator is involved in hitting as far it feels for me. I am not a doctor nor have I stayed in a Holiday Express. :brick:

P.S. Never had it fixed hurt it around 35 years old and wasn't playing any throw activities wish it was well but can live without throwing. :)
P.S. Not sure it's the same injury as Otani
I've wondered if I have a torn rotator cuff. I could throw into the low 70s but my throwing shoulder has always bothered me. I can feel it barking after soft toss and when I take swings. So I've, sadly, curtailed both a long time ago. Don't really like having surgery if it is not needed to continue living.